MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I was just promoted to signing and for the most part I understand most of it but what I really dont know is the process for auditing the signing/fixture pallets. Also how do you guys organize your binders?

I go through my packing list and check off each item to make sure I have everything. Then I organize everything by date.

If by binder you mean the Weekly Signing Check list ... it's so outdated, that I don't even bother.

Who wants to cry about cosmetics?! I kinda do.

8 pallets of supplies today, an assortment of leadership that has no idea what's happening and a blank stare when I try to tell them 30 hours isn't enough for all the signing AND all the POG follow-up I'm expected to do?

Cry? All I can do is laugh at this point.

The blank stare is my favorite.

Yes, I can take care of my signing, revisions, cover electronics, tune-in, order, AND help the plano team all in one 40hr work week.
I am signing! Hear me roar!

8 pallets of supplies today, an assortment of leadership that has no idea what's happening and a blank stare when I try to tell them 30 hours isn't enough for all the signing AND all the POG follow-up I'm expected to do?

8 pallets? Are you going through a complete retrofit on top of the transition? That seems like an awful lot.

The blank stare is my favorite.

Yes, I can take care of my signing, revisions, cover electronics, tune-in, order, AND help the plano team all in one 40hr work week.
I am signing! Hear me roar!

I am in awe.

don't worry - on your packing slip there will be an envelope with about 20 pages in it of backorder. love it. they didn't even send the focal signs for ours. they had to 3-day them in the second week. awesome. hope your POG team knows all their cosmetic fixtures well - otherwise you will be gophering for entire shifts. also - our construction crew ran out of parts and only valanced 1/3 of the walls. looks great.....

ps

second tranasition in a row that RIMMEL, and NYC didn't send a SINGLE bullnose strip. awesome. half of nailcare of backorder as well. everything else was fairly manageable. make sure you have enough of the short small cosmetics divides, our store devoured our inventory before they even got to fragrance.

Last edited:

I also got 8 pallets for Destination Beauty. Plus had to find room for the softline signs that came in this week. Saw the thick packet for the shipping list but didn't go through it. Gonna look it over when they complete cosmetics. Only scheduled 4 days this week. Fun times for me.

We are a Destination Beauty store, and our adjacency changed for this reset. Pro Haircare and Hair B or some pog like that flip flopped in their aisle, so I moved all the regular shelves and lighted-bullnose cosmetics shelves, AND had to move those ****ing valances which, if you are wondering, are the biggest pain in the ass EVER. They're all bolted together with damn-near inaccessible hardware.

Also, why the **** didn't we get sent new white backer paper?! We have awful looking yellow-white stuff that probably hasn't changed since our store first remodeled to Destination Beauty. This area only resets once a year! Pretty sure we should have gotten new backer paper!

I was just talking to a friend from another store. All their aisles ended up flip-flopping and her TL tied everything completely wrong. Then wasn't there the day they reset everything.
Huge mess.

don't worry - on your packing slip there will be an envelope with about 20 pages in it of backorder. love it. they didn't even send the focal signs for ours. they had to 3-day them in the second week. awesome. hope your POG team knows all their cosmetic fixtures well - otherwise you will be gophering for entire shifts. also - our construction crew ran out of parts and only valanced 1/3 of the walls. looks great.....

ps

second tranasition in a row that RIMMEL, and NYC didn't send a SINGLE bullnose strip. awesome. half of nailcare of backorder as well. everything else was fairly manageable. make sure you have enough of the short small cosmetics divides, our store devoured our inventory before they even got to fragrance.

We are missing a few bullnose strips and some signs so far. We are only about 1/3 of the way completed. My STL keeps getting on me about the signs and I have to keep showing him the shipping packet to prove that it is backordered.

Anybody else get the wrong size signs for the curved inline sign holders?
Every single one they sent me is the wrong size.
They won't take that long to put up but it's every single one and I'll be in the middle of some other project by the time the replacements get here.

Setting the DB retrofit 3/11... things you wish you had ordered before you started?

Also for the curtains, what are the 6 dividers for? To separate the display sections in half?

Last edited:
Setting the DB retrofit 3/11... things you wish you had ordered before you started?

Also for the curtains, what are the 6 dividers for? To separate the display sections in half?

Mostly to keep them from running over the product.

I only had 6 of the small dividers. Kinda look like stardust fixture. I didn't really see any issue with the displays running over the product, but I may need to check again and order more...

Extra sign holders to hold the signs on the cosmetic shelves. They never send enough and the old ones are always broken or covered with hard to remove makeup. Also extra magnets to hold up the signs on the curved fixtures. The way they package the signs in the signing box causes the sign to not hold well. Extra bull nose sign holders, especially for the nailcare planogram.

They won't take that long to put up but it's every single one and I'll be in the middle of some other project by the time the replacements get here.

They only problem I had was the velcro was not sticking so the sign kept falling off. Had the double stick tape it until my order of magnetic strips come in.

This issue was in my early set notes.

Honestly. I've been getting the wrong size of everything lately. I've either had to cut it to fit or mySupport to get the correct sign. Don't know what's going on. So many fix-it kits.

Early set notes that make your blood run cold.

ISSUE !! All Categories: Vertical spacing of POG are not optimal for taking into consideration the graphics and product that is in larger spacing.

No F-cking Sh-t.
Worst planagram ever.
I've had to adjust more than half the shelve to make the signs fit.

Back