MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Ayy. what in the world is a rotundra (did i spell that right?) It's was suppose to be set at the front with easter candies. I found the merch, but they were stacked in shipper boxes. Looks nothing like the planogram.

pics would be nice
There was an email a while back that was sent to the ETL logistics confirming the space for rotunda product , not sure what prototype you are but in my store the rotunda space is considered the area between guest service and the bullseye playground close to where guests line up for store pickups and service desk. Our store is small so we normally put the pallets or shippers that call to be in rotunda at the front corner of RTW on the edge of the carpet and tile.

There was an email a while back that was sent to the ETL logistics confirming the space for rotunda product , not sure what prototype you are but in my store the rotunda space is considered the area between guest service and the bullseye playground close to where guests line up for store pickups and service desk. Our store is small so we normally put the pallets or shippers that call to be in rotunda at the front corner of RTW on the edge of the carpet and tile.

Same here. Our service desk is on one side as you walk in, with the photo lab directly adjacent, and the candy shippers are right between photo and the beginning of RTW.

So the rotunda is not a fixture, just a name of the space between guest service and RTW? I saw the merch on a mini-pallet with small boxes on top of one another( 2 sides) But according to the plano, it's 3 sides for candy, 1 side for signing like those rolling racks.

I still have that old bike wall and its awful

Wow, my old store never carried more than a half dozen of those little bikes except maybe right at spring.
They just don't sell that well.
They are the first bike and they get past down.
People don't buy more than one for their kids (unlike those of us who ride a lot and own more than one bike) and they don't really break down that much.
Why the hell would you need an entire wall of the damn things?

It's like 18 sections long of 2 rows of bikes (the top is for extras) we currently have zero bikes on the 2nd and 3rd row because ever since our reset the bike builder hasn't been in so no new bikes have gone up. Looks real crappy

Wish me luck...tomorrow I start moving into the new space. Fixture room is pretty clean so I can move my tubs into the aisle. It's been locked most of the weekend. I just need to decide if the shelves/ beams need moving. And labels to help people find stuff. And a note to not touch things.

Is it pretty typical for signing tms to be scheduled in several different workcenters each week? I feel like I am being pulled in so many different directions. I work 40 hours every week but sometimes I only have one shift in signing, and the rest will be pricing or flow. We are a low volume store but it is getting to the point now where my job (signing) is either being done a week late or just not getting done. Nobody on the POG team does it in my absence. When I've asked my TL about it, I'm told that they're giving me the max allowed hours for signing that week...it just doesn't seem right. Like last week, the bulk of our workload was in stationary, which POG worked on Wednesday-Friday. I was either scheduled off or in a different workcenter all of those days. I feel like I am always ten steps behind my team and have no support from anyone at my store. I'm not allowed the time I need to do my job but I am somehow still expected to get it done. I've been considering a transfer as there are a couple stores in my area looking for a signing TM, but I guess I wouldn't bother with that if it's generally going to be the same situation. Is there even anything I can do about it? I have expressed my concerns to my POG TL but she is very dismissive and the answer always seems to boil down to "there's nothing I can do."

Edit: Sorry if any of that is unclear. I'm a little overwhelmed after today (and the last several weeks, really). I guess my real question is if my TL isn't offering any support or solutions, who else can I talk to at my store about it? HR? My STL? I know I need to do something, I am just unsure where to begin.

Last edited:
Is it pretty typical for signing tms to be scheduled in several different workcenters each week? I feel like I am being pulled in so many different directions. I work 40 hours every week but sometimes I only have one shift in signing, and the rest will be pricing or flow. We are a low volume store but it is getting to the point now where my job (signing) is either being done a week late or just not getting done. Nobody on the POG team does it in my absence. When I've asked my TL about it, I'm told that they're giving me the max allowed hours for signing that week...it just doesn't seem right. Like last week, the bulk of our workload was in stationary, which POG worked on Wednesday-Friday. I was either scheduled off or in a different workcenter all of those days. I feel like I am always ten steps behind my team and have no support from anyone at my store. I'm not allowed the time I need to do my job but I am somehow still expected to get it done. I've been considering a transfer as there are a couple stores in my area looking for a signing TM, but I guess I wouldn't bother with that if it's generally going to be the same situation. Is there even anything I can do about it? I have expressed my concerns to my POG TL but she is very dismissive and the answer always seems to boil down to "there's nothing I can do."

Edit: Sorry if any of that is unclear. I'm a little overwhelmed after today (and the last several weeks, really). I guess my real question is if my TL isn't offering any support or solutions, who else can I talk to at my store about it? HR? My STL? I know I need to do something, I am just unsure where to begin.
Uhm if you go on work bench and type in signing hours u might have to search in the sub headers a little ( I will see if I can find it tomorrow if I have time) but it says even in low volume stores, 28hrs. Now they must have been exceptionally low on hrs next week because they scheduled me outside of that next week. But I almost never unless it's by my own means, am ever under 36-37. Because I am scheduled another day in another area. If they are not scheduling you in signing for enough hours, challenge them. Document everything you do and how long it takes you. If your TL doesn't listen go to the next person srtl. If that person doesn't then ETL. Then stl. The unique thing about the signing person is you are like the stl, pmt and reciever. THERE IS ONLY ONE OF YOU! And often times, no one else will do your job. Or can't do your job. If you are not a type a personality, find someone who can stand by your side and help you get the words out if you can't.

Only received 3 Keurig displays for the first four sections of specialty bev, but those are supposed to be held for a vendor so the aisle just looks empty. One of them that did come in had a sample pack with it, maybe they are going to be used by one of the food vendors?

Has anyone else tried to use the online weekly packing slip and it not work?
Its a known issue. The developer actually emailed me after I put in a mysupport. They are working on it supposedly.
Only received 3 Keurig displays for the first four sections of specialty bev, but those are supposed to be held for a vendor so the aisle just looks empty. One of them that did come in had a sample pack with it, maybe they are going to be used by one of the food vendors?
I had my team set them. Crossmark is the dance as the Chinese crap toys I think. Former spot employee so I'm not worried and I don't need empty.

And yeah 28.5hrs for signing unless the adjacency/ signing update show over 40, then I get straight 40. Cause 64hrs is totally the same as 40. I normally do a split day Thurs and Friday in another work center.

Uhm if you go on work bench and type in signing hours u might have to search in the sub headers a little ( I will see if I can find it tomorrow if I have time) but it says even in low volume stores, 28hrs. Now they must have been exceptionally low on hrs next week because they scheduled me outside of that next week. But I almost never unless it's by my own means, am ever under 36-37. Because I am scheduled another day in another area. If they are not scheduling you in signing for enough hours, challenge them. Document everything you do and how long it takes you. If your TL doesn't listen go to the next person srtl. If that person doesn't then ETL. Then stl. The unique thing about the signing person is you are like the stl, pmt and reciever. THERE IS ONLY ONE OF YOU! And often times, no one else will do your job. Or can't do your job. If you are not a type a personality, find someone who can stand by your side and help you get the words out if you can't.

Thank you so much for this. I found that document on workbench, printed it out and I'm planning on meeting with my HR ETL later this week (she wasn't in today) about it. I'm generally a soft-spoken person but I have no problem expressing my concerns/issues at work. I just feel like each time I've brought it up, everyone is so quick to shut the discussion down and say something generic about payroll...I think it will be helpful to have that document though to support my concerns, so thank you again!! I don't mind helping out and working different areas but I just checked my past schedules and I have not had more than 16 hours in signing per week for the last four weeks. It just isn't enough.

I found that document on workbench, printed it out-I don't mind helping out and working different areas -I have not had more than 16 hours in signing- It just isn't enough.
Let them know that you don't mind helping out when needed, but signing comes first and you have x, x,& x to complete. Sometimes x can wait because Plano has (literally) 40 pallets of transition unsorted. 10 of which just came in today. I do it all the time. But sometimes I say at the begging of the day don't ask, you've had an hour or more of the 4x4 all week. I have too much to do. They're still likely to shut you down a little. But you can go above them. I'd maybe post a thread on how to go about it if you have no success.( Hardlinesmaster and commiecorvus are pretty knowledgable normally on this blogging site & a few others) good luck
And this thread is very useful for signing team members oh & your welcome.
And I don't think I said WELCOME!! & Have fun! :D

@signingminion i finally heard back from nonsupport. It's a known issue, but as its not a high priority thing..... Please keep checking back. Yeah they said it's not high priority. I mean I know it's not but really? What if the very nimble people at the dc didn't give me my packing slip because the trailer mice chewed it up? Oh I forgot that doesn't happen.....:cool:

@fx0007 I NEVER EVER wait for the vendor. 3 reasons. They never come, we don't have it when they come, & they never come back.:rolleyes:

@fx0007 i forgot, are you just new to signing or to the whole process of sign/pog? Check pog if you still have if names match, keep, if you tossed, mysupport and find out if you need to order. Don't toss displays if we still sell it and they don't scan. There was an issue when we transitioned with things scanning. All of it was scanning nop. Might still be scanning that way. If you tossed you may need to order.

@fx0007 i forgot, are you just new to signing or to the whole process of sign/pog? Check pog if you still have if names match, keep, if you tossed, mysupport and find out if you need to order. Don't toss displays if we still sell it and they don't scan. There was an issue when we transitioned with things scanning. All of it was scanning nop. Might still be scanning that way. If you tossed you may need to order.
Last big small apps transition they changed the dpci so the carry forward scanned as nop...still missing displays from that. Even after mysupport and the manufacturer reps promised they were all "in the mail"

But yeah. Set pog. Check display against current product. Toss if clearance/ salvage but double check the rest. When in doubt, squish it out.

been doing signing for a few years now. If you look at the specialty beverage pog, it doesn't give the names or dpci's of the product next to the display dpci this time, only random numbers. It only happens a few times, so I'm hoping they arrive late like usual or I'll just have to order all of them.

Last big small apps transition they changed the dpci so the carry forward scanned as nop...still missing displays from that. Even after mysupport and the manufacturer reps promised they were all "in the mail"

But yeah. Set pog. Check display against current product. Toss if clearance/ salvage but double check the rest. When in doubt, squish it out.
yea like half the displays are for clearance or product we just don't sell. Expecting a lot of new displays since they have that new "hot" version of keurig now which none of the old displays mention.

yea like half the displays are for clearance or product we just don't sell. Expecting a lot of new displays since they have that new "hot" version of keurig now which none of the old displays mention.
We have the gorgeous teal 2.0 plus on display now. It makes my heart go pitter patter.

Thank you so much for this. I found that document on workbench, printed it out and I'm planning on meeting with my HR ETL later this week (she wasn't in today) about it. I'm generally a soft-spoken person but I have no problem expressing my concerns/issues at work. I just feel like each time I've brought it up, everyone is so quick to shut the discussion down and say something generic about payroll...I think it will be helpful to have that document though to support my concerns, so thank you again!! I don't mind helping out and working different areas but I just checked my past schedules and I have not had more than 16 hours in signing per week for the last four weeks. It just isn't enough.
I am an ultra low volume store and still receive at the LEAST 28 hours for my signing TM. I'll look up the paper work for it. So you should at the least be scheduled for that. They are definitely using your hours for elsewhere. Go to Etl, if they don't help then go to HR.

I am an ultra low volume store and still receive at the LEAST 28 hours for my signing TM. I'll look up the paper work for it. So you should at the least be scheduled for that. They are definitely using your hours for elsewhere. Go to Etl, if they don't help then go to HR.

I met with my HR ETL today and brought her the paperwork. She said that it's pretty outdated and they don't use it anymore...basically gave me the same generic speech about how we don't have enough payroll, etc. I'll admit I don't know the first thing about how payroll or scheduling works, but I think you're right that my hours are being used elsewhere. The only problem is that if the ETLs and HR are aware of that and doing it intentionally, then there is not really anyone that I can reach out to at store level to help fix it. It's pretty disheartening, to be honest. I appreciate all of the feedback and responses so thank you!!! but for now it seems like things are going to remain the same.

Back