MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

The remodel team is supposed to bring someone with them to do the signing. What your store is trying to do is gain the signing hours alloted by the remodel, so they dont have to pay you. Been there.

OT, can anyone tell me if they recieved the Star Wars sign for the front lane new release endcap?
Nope we didn't and we didn't get the Star Wars door clings

I got the focal graphic, discovery tables, door clings, but not the front end sign. Anyone remember how it shipped? I would have assumed it would come like every other week, but it didnt.

@FiestyPlano the door clings were in the guise of a sales planner o_O.
@TargetOldTimer I don't recall SEEING an over head.... But then again I'm not saying too much about this week. I'm too busy doing the toddlers' jobs while dodging the DTL. Could also be on a pallet that I didn't receive :p
@kangkang the thing is, not everyone receives the same packing list. Is this respect nothing applies more to the statement ASANTS than that. Someone could send it to you but it could be totally different than what you get or like you got half the stuff on a previous pallet... You might be better off copying and pasting in word, then hitting return in the appropriate places then printing. :(. Good luck! I can try to send you one on Monday if need be. Pm me if so.

I got the focal graphic, discovery tables, door clings, but not the front end sign. Anyone remember how it shipped? I would have assumed it would come like every other week, but it didnt.
My store got a box with all kinds of miscellaneous Star Wars signs that had the D152 header in it. I can see if I can get a picture or two tomorrow of everything that came in it.

Fuck these...

First time with awkward Door Clings, while having Vendor's come in and out of the building, or waiting to be let out, standing behind me asking me when my LOD will show up to let them out. Openning and shutting the doors I am trying to put the clings on This event was probably the most pissed off I have ever gotten working here.

Fuck these...

First time with awkward Door Clings, while having Vendor's come in and out of the building, or waiting to be let out, standing behind me asking me when my LOD will show up to let them out. Openning and shutting the doors I am trying to put the clings on This event was probably the most pissed off I have ever gotten working here.

Lucky no one was around to open the doors. However anyone that looks closely at my storm trooper will find that I managed to get my hair caught by some of the sticky backside.

It was not pretty.

Fuck these...

My pmt lives putting up clings. He does then at 6am. Plus he's got long arms for ease of installment.

I got husky hair in all the cosmetics lit sign holders...all that static. Lol.

Can't really put up the clings on my doors since they aren't just plain glass like I've seen other stores, they have the 'do not enter' and 'entrance' cling stickers on em, and they are so old that removing and putting them back on would be impossible.

Last edited:
Only thing worse than door clings were floor clings, especially the really big ones.
I swear you had to scrub the floors to get them to lay down right and then without fail the damned cleaners would tear them up with the floor buffer.

I feel like I absolutely botched the door clings for Star Wars. Anyone got any good tips? I had to cut ours to fit the doors, since we have the older doors, I kept getting creases and it drove me insane. Towards the end I got it better but I still had a hard time. I also got the overheads for mini up. We got the motorized ones that are horribly unnecessary in my opinion. Why put so much effort into something that will come down and thrown away in a few months? Whatever Target.

Our PMT does our clings. He loves to do it. Says it's oddly satisfying.

We got in a box of Star Wars signing for this coming week, but I haven't opened it up all the way--the only thing I saw (sitting on top) was the SW header for the checklane new release endcap.

Has everyone got their stuff for grocery already.....? o_O:eek:
I mean I got pushers for HBA for me AND some other stores :D ..... But......

I got a half blue, half pink wrapped pallet for Healthcare TRN. I also have 2 pallets (week #1 and week #2) for Grocery in our transition steel.

I've got two pallets for health and three for market. They said the market ones are shelves but I didn't see them.

Got the pushers and market week one signs.

My STL is disappointed we don't have the hba signs and backerpaper. We really don't want to set with out it and the manual says to start hba this week.

I have ZERO signing. But a buttlaod of black pushers.
Does it come labeled week one week 2 etc...?

Back