MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Got a peek at the transition packet for the upcoming beauty reset and HOLY EFF!!!! I am not looking forward to it: an insane amount of aisle moves, including inline focal signs & under shelf lighting which probably also means a crap-ton of new backer paper & signing to go along with the new flow of the Beauty dept. And with only one reliable/accurate plano setter for this area.....Kill me now. I'll even make it easy for you by providing some rope I saved from the Christmas power aisle!

You know its bad when I took one look at the rope and that was the first thought in my head, lmao.

Ya I looked at the upcoming reset and it will be a nightmare.

Hair appliances looks as though it will look hideous afterwards as well, so it will feel like something that you will just have to fix in the future all over again.

That's what the said last time...remember the pallet for premium skincare? That nobody got...ugh. Hoping to get enough repeats to finally full in the gaps from last year that never cane via SAP.

having went the week without getting any Signing, it all arrived the last day, during my last hour of work. Me and my ETL both look at each other like "this is bullshit". I came in the next day to see that he had put it all up..

My hero.

That's what the said last time...remember the pallet for premium skincare? That nobody got...ugh. Hoping to get enough repeats to finally full in the gaps from last year that never cane via SAP.

So true! Most of my testers spots are still empty because I refuse to take the items from the inventory. No one has said a word, ever, about it.

You know its bad when I took one look at the rope and that was the first thought in my head, lmao.

Ya I looked at the upcoming reset and it will be a nightmare.

Hair appliances looks as though it will look hideous afterwards as well, so it will feel like something that you will just have to fix in the future all over again.

Yup, that was my first thought too. Saw it and thought they must have known how awful this Christmas signing was going to be and sent us all rope to hang ourselves with. Lol

I saved some of mine to use for wheeling the tables off the floor when they are not being used. Worked really well!

We have to totally disassemble one of those special beauty aisles and move it.

It's going to be awful.

And the under shelf lighting in shampoo. Which was a pain in the ass to get working in my store. My PMT is going to be busy that week with helping us out with that!

hello friends ive got signing for jan 1 and its probably for electronics is there anything in particular you guys can tell me about it? all people really tell me is that its pretty chill to do

They are either talking about Ad Set (something completely different), or have no idea what they are talking about.

Yours works? Ours was never put in.

Yup, I installed it myself with a little help of my PMT. We did have to trouble shoot because the electricians who came in to install power under the basedecks forgot to actually make sure it worked. So we came up with a way to power it from the top.

I have a piece of Fencing I use to keep my wires separated, plus if they have ceiling clips, I usually leave them on, as it helps keep them separated.
Oooh.. a 4ft piece of front fencing sounds like a great idea. Could clip each end to segments along the fencing so they stay straight.. I am really loving this idea <3

Hey does anyone have the sheet for the Val overhead in mini seasonal?
Apparently mine didn't come with one.

I'm just going to hang it up as best I can and adjust it later.

I use the rings they sent for my overhead hooks. I put both sides through the ring so nothing gets tangled. Then they go in a bag and into a box.

Oooh.. a 4ft piece of front fencing sounds like a great idea. Could clip each end to segments along the fencing so they stay straight.. I am really loving this idea <3

It helps, I have it set on some nails up high on my fixture room wall, so if I am in a pinch I can just grab the whole piece of fencing (Very slowly) and take all my wires with me..

Hey does anyone have the sheet for the Val overhead in mini seasonal?
Apparently mine didn't come with one.

I'm just going to hang it up as best I can and adjust it later.

Mine was missing too. It was easy enough to assemble and then I used 18" cables for the outsides of the hearts (with a spider clip attached on each end because it was confusing how to attach it to the heart so I threaded it thru the hole, then attached the spider clip to keep it in place), an 18" with a 12" for the middle of the hearts, and a 30" with a 24" for the Sweetshop sign in front. And I did not use that stupid guide thing they sent to space out the hooks because the hearts looked narrow and dumb when I did.

Mine was missing too. It was easy enough to assemble and then I used 18" cables for the outsides of the hearts (with a spider clip attached on each end because it was confusing how to attach it to the heart so I threaded it thru the hole, then attached the spider clip to keep it in place), an 18" with a 12" for the middle of the hearts, and a 30" with a 24" for the Sweetshop sign in front. And I did not use that stupid guide thing they sent to space out the hooks because the hearts looked narrow and dumb when I did.

I actually got my instructions, for those who haven't, you actually poke a Canoe Clip through the side holes of the heart (pointy end out), and then use the hole that is in the canoe clip to attach your wires.

I actually got my instructions, for those who haven't, you actually poke a Canoe Clip through the side holes of the heart (pointy end out), and then use the hole that is in the canoe clip to attach your wires.

I swear this sounds like something from a Clive Barker novel.

How tall is your store that you use those lengths of cables? For the inside middle of the hearts I used a green 36 inch and for the outsides I used red 30 inch and then for the sweet shop I used green 36 inch and it looks fine. For reference my store is a 14 foot Tall store

How tall is your store that you use those lengths of cables? For the inside middle of the hearts I used a green 36 inch and for the outsides I used red 30 inch and then for the sweet shop I used green 36 inch and it looks fine. For reference my store is a 14 foot Tall store

I am also a 14' store. I don't like how low they have been hanging signing lately so I err on the shorter side so everything is completely out of reach. Not like anyone is going to notice if the length is wrong, only if it isn't up at all...and even then, I'd have a decent chance of no one important noticing that too. Lol

I'm in need of help finding a SAP #. I'm looking for the number for the white tags used in softlines when a piece of clothing is missing its tag, and we make a new barcode for it. The tags come in a big roll of 2000 or so. I have spent a lot of time looking through SAP trying to find the damn things without any luck.

We have at least a 16 foot ceiling. I have to extend the wave completely to reach it. My PMT says it may be closer to 18 feet. I used the 16 foot cable lengths and the hearts hung waaay too low. So I have no clue what that was about.

Back