MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

So in infants there's the flipbook display, and on that display go those little single papers that have the bar code for the crib on them. Where can I get the little plastic holders that the papers go in?

In the vacuum section, there are the warranties. And they go in a plastic holder like in the picture below (found off Google, shit quality)

CrKEQSi.png

What is the part number for this?

Welp

Old signing guy was a Horder, cleaned out enough space to hopefully hold whatever signs I get this week.

Why he kept black Friday signage is beyond me

I found literally years worth of signing hidden everywhere when I took over in my new store. Old plastic softlines wall graphics, Lilly Pulitzer overheads, a pallet of softlines shelves shrink wrapped from the new store opening 8 years ago... I could go on.

The surprise valentines day signing? My boxes said FOS on them, so I put them at the entrances. I couldn't use their grid because my entrances are no where near that long or wide.

I'm st a prettyy large Super and I'm still skeptical of the layout even though I only put up 5 of the 7 they sent.

I'm still laughing at the lack of communication this month. Signing update lists basically nothing for the month, but oh, also we're revamping all softlines signholders and also updating al of c9 at the same time. I've got a pallet of massive boxes for c9, all labeled with the wrong color ism labels.

All the missing large cosmetic signing I was whining about last week, was actually right in front of me. I was in such a rush, I sorted my weekly pallet without reading and writing on what was inside. Once Tuesday came along, I went to do all the entertainment signs and lo and behold, there were the cosmetic graphics. All had a Entertainment sticker on them.

Im running into trouble with the gaps in the Cosmetic metal valances. I usually make it my job to figure out where to move the gaps and rewire, but I just cant find the time this week.
How did you handle that?

The Valentine OH that were supposed to be set on the 20th? (Yeah. Right.)
Pretend on the layout, that the ceiling panels are turned the other way, then it works. Even then, I ran out of time before store opening, so only if I find time will I hang more than 5.

Last edited:
So in infants there's the flipbook display, and on that display go those little single papers that have the bar code for the crib on them. Where can I get the little plastic holders that the papers go in?

In the vacuum section, there are the warranties. And they go in a plastic holder like in the picture below (found off Google, shit quality)

CrKEQSi.png

What is the part number for this?
I'm grab the warranty holder number after i punch back in.

I caught the entertainment/ cosmetics thing, my team still didn't put their crap up. My pmt moved the metal valances for me. I'm missing one because they added 4ft but didn't send a new valance.

I caught the entertainment/ cosmetics thing, my team still didn't put their crap up. My pmt moved the metal valances for me. I'm missing one because they added 4ft but didn't send a new valance.

I am in the same boat with the valances. Need one more to fill a new hole. Have no idea how to go about ordering one of those!

All the missing large cosmetic signing I was whining about last week, was actually right in front of me. I was in such a rush, I sorted my weekly pallet without reading and writing on what was inside. Once Tuesday came along, I went to do all the entertainment signs and lo and behold, there were the cosmetic graphics. All had a Entertainment sticker on them.

Im running into trouble with the gaps in the Cosmetic metal valances. I usually make it my job to figure out where to move the gaps and rewire, but I just cant find the time this week.
How did you handle that?

The Valentine OH that were supposed to be set on the 20th? (Yeah. Right.)
Pretend on the layout, that the ceiling panels are turned the other way, then it works. Even then, I ran out of time before store opening, so only if I find time will I hang more than 5.

I hung 5, and told me TL that was enough, because more is stupid.

She agreed.

Business needs prevented me from doing anything I wanted/ needed before going home. Phone is set to remind me in the morning after I get in to get that holder number.

I have a question about Signing and Budget, do we have a sort of "Unlimited" Budget? I get asked all the time to order stuff, from AP, to the obvious fixtures etc, and can easily spend at least a grand in one order ($1,600, in one order awhile ago for JUST Assets Protection stuff). It feels weird to throw that much money around, but never get asked about it, and it seems to be the expected thing to do, lol.

I have a question about Signing and Budget, do we have a sort of "Unlimited" Budget? I get asked all the time to order stuff, from AP, to the obvious fixtures etc, and can easily spend at least a grand in one order ($1,600, in one order awhile ago for JUST Assets Protection stuff). It feels weird to throw that much money around, but never get asked about it, and it seems to be the expected thing to do, lol.

You have access to a lot of things in SAP but not everything. Everything in SAP is coded to be billed back to the stores in different ways. If it does not show up on your monthly email, then Signing is not charged for it. So, while you won't be limited from SAP on how much you order, your TL, ETL, or STL may ask you to limit what you are ordering based on cost.

To add to this, Anything missing from a transition that is ordered within 2 weeks of the set does not get charged to you.

I also have never been questioned about what I order or how much I spend. I've ordered things for AP and the PMT and they've never said anything about staying within a budget either.

I agree that if it isn't showing up in your monthly signing expense email, don't worry about it too much. I have also found that some things seem to be considered a needed supply and don't count toward the signing budget either- things like fast signing or label paper.

My basic philosophy is to just keep ordering what I need, regardless of what it costs, until someone says something about the spending. I have yet to have that happen and I have had some huge orders! I also sometimes break my orders into smaller chunks so that I end up with 6 orders instead of one giant one. A lot of that has to do with SAP's sluggish nature though.

Why is it every time I order fast signing on SAP and I enter the max quantity orderable, when I go to place the order it always tells me I have a problem with those items and end up reducing the quantity to something less than the max allowed?!

Also, how is it possible for IC.Retrofits to have closed a project for something we just set last week and basically tell me I am SOL on them sending me the fixtures they forgot to send in the first place?! And throw Best Practice back at me like that's an excuse! Better hope I don't find it and bite back.

Vent/rant over. Thanks for listening, just had to get that out there, lol.

Why is it every time I order fast signing on SAP and I enter the max quantity orderable, when I go to place the order it always tells me I have a problem with those items and end up reducing the quantity to something less than the max allowed?!

Also, how is it possible for IC.Retrofits to have closed a project for something we just set last week and basically tell me I am SOL on them sending me the fixtures they forgot to send in the first place?! And throw Best Practice back at me like that's an excuse! Better hope I don't find it and bite back.

Vent/rant over. Thanks for listening, just had to get that out there, lol.
Mysupport. Every day, with a snapshot.

That dang premium skincare pallet took me the months to finally get everything in. Then they double billed me. But I made them order an equivalent amount of new pushers for the market transition so is even.

Mysupport. Every day, with a snapshot.

That dang premium skincare pallet took me the months to finally get everything in. Then they double billed me. But I made them order an equivalent amount of new pushers for the market transition so is even.

Sadly, this was all thru mysupport. I even had my etl reopen and then escalate the issue. They told her too bad you don't like the response but we can't do anything, period, and if we have issues with their best practices to contact our stl or dtl. She's just as pissed as I am.

I went ahead and ordered the damn blocker boxes myself but told her I thought she should contact our dtl to let her know the kind of crap "help" we were given on mysupport.

I do feel like bombarding them with a separate fixture issue I am having though...:p Maybe I can get that resolved as a trade off.

Sadly, this was all thru mysupport. I even had my etl reopen and then escalate the issue. They told her too bad you don't like the response but we can't do anything, period, and if we have issues with their best practices to contact our stl or dtl. She's just as pissed as I am.

I went ahead and ordered the damn blocker boxes myself but told her I thought she should contact our dtl to let her know the kind of crap "help" we were given on mysupport.

I do feel like bombarding them with a separate fixture issue I am having though...:p Maybe I can get that resolved as a trade off.
I had a desperate ticket open for every fixture and sign on the premium pallet. Over two dozen....I'm pretty sure I've got a flag on my account due to my obnoxious behavior

To whichever signing tm sent out an email beyond their store, that got seen by the dtl, and is making cleaning those cosmetic headers with spitfire a NOW thing instead of a soon thing: fuck you, go eat an egg. Argh.

This c9 signing is gonna be the death of me, my girls won't touch 90%of it.

To whichever signing tm sent out an email beyond their store, that got seen by the dtl, and is making cleaning those cosmetic headers with spitfire a NOW thing instead of a soon thing: fuck you, go eat an egg. Argh.

This c9 signing is gonna be the death of me, my girls won't touch 90%of it.

My store has a new cosmetics person and they're making sure she puts up the adhesives on everything so it's sure to be clean.

F U C K C9 SIGNING. I had enough trouble reshopping softlines back when I closed hardlines.

Boys and Girls is supposed to have a C9 wall. At my store, it's fuckin' Cat and Jack! I put up the black backer paper, but the rest of the signs I just put on the four quads we have of C9.

The titty-mannequins, we're supposed to have four sections according to the map that was sent. We have three. On the wall, not on the edge of the aisle like the map. Also we need more crossbars for activewear. SO I CAN'T DO THE PAPER.

Thank god for menswear being easy.

I rushed the entertainment signing today just to get it done. I'm thankful my pallet didn't come in today. How big is this week's pallet supposed to be?

Back