MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Call me crazy, but that doesn't sound so bad since it's just softlines. If I had unlimited access to the WAV, it would only take me 3.5 hours to get all of softlines done at my store, but I am a smaller store so that probaby makes a difference. I average about 15 minutes per wall/box. Now, if it were the entire store... that would be ugly.

I guess you could factor in the Sporting Goods and Toys walls that are resetting this week too. I can finally finish the toys wall that was left undone by my predecessor when the new signing went in 3 years ago, hahaha. Love how absolutely no one has ever noticed the missing panels!

How? are your CSE's Electronic Panels? honestly I want to know.

How? are your CSE's Electronic Panels? honestly I want to know.

I drag the box out to the area and then go get the WAV. For the focal walls I remove all the panels starting with panel 1 and then leave the WAV parked at panel 5. Open the box, and find panel 5, put that up and continue working backwards to panel 1.

For the shorter walls, like jewelry or shoes, once I get the box and WAV to the area I open the box and pull out the instructions to see what order they go up in. Pick a side, pull that panel down and put the new one up in its place.

The dart clips I remove usually go in my pocket until I reuse them, but a small container would suffice as well.

How long does it take everyone else? Like the mini seasonal or seasonal wall? I am always amazed when it says it will take an hour, but maybe I am the oddball out here.

Last edited:
I drag the box out to the area and then go get the WAV. For the focal walls I remove all the panels starting with panel 1 and then leave the WAV parked at panel 5. Open the box, and find panel 5, put that up and continue working backwards to panel 1.

For the shorter walls, like jewelry or shoes, once I get the box and WAV to the area I open the box and pull out the instructions to see what order they go up in. Pick a side, pull that panel down and put the new one up in its place.

The dart clips I remove usually go in my pocket until I reuse them, but a small container would suffice as well.

How long does it take everyone else? Like the mini seasonal or seasonal wall? I am always amazed when it says it will take an hour, but maybe I am the oddball out here.
Nope, I'm with you. Forget clip the top of each one then go back and do the bottom. Panel by panel. Half the time maximum. My biggest problem is short arms, I'm always banging my head trying to reach under the lights in softlines. The dust bunnies were horrible today from c9.

Is there endcap signing in any of your shoe departments for the step downs? Just curious... I haven't seen any yet though the new sets are out.

Is there endcap signing in any of your shoe departments for the step downs? Just curious... I haven't seen any yet though the new sets are out.
I don't recall seeing new signs, but I dived that weeks stuff to the sl girls without opening it...so...

OQm6td2.jpg

Fixture recycling :D

I haven't got any CSE in. At all. That... might be a problem.
The guide on workbench runs through March or April. Give it time. Third week of Feb kids c9 should refresh. Only thing I got for this week was mens/womens low wall or endwall and mens c9.
That's the yoga mat fixture, came off pog after the reset
I saved this. Not sure if I'm going to use it for fixtures or try to donate it to a local after school program but it's way too nice to just compact.
Yoga. SO glad I was there the day they did that aisle.

Found a pricing training guide from 2002 today. I'm gonna frame it as a historical artifact
I've got a grid from 2009. Some of the srtls were only flow tm back then. It's priceless.

The guide on workbench runs through March or April. Give it time. Third week of Feb kids c9 should refresh. Only thing I got for this week was mens/womens low wall or endwall and mens c9.

I saved this. Not sure if I'm going to use it for fixtures or try to donate it to a local after school program but it's way too nice to just compact.

I've got a grid from 2009. Some of the srtls were only flow tm back then. It's priceless.

OH I think there's an ancient grid floating around in the fixture room.

You're right about it being too nice to compact. Mostly because it's too strong and sturdy to compact easily.

I like the signing for this upcoming week. It's really not much and a good chunk of it is those pushers which should be set by plano as they actually do the reset.

Should be able to make headway into the shelves of softlines fixtures and get that sorted then :D

Does anyone know if we were suppose to reuse the mirror displays for the Hair Appliance aisle? I never received anything new, n9r did I receive any new barcodes to put on my old displays with the new display process

Does anyone know if we were suppose to reuse the mirror displays for the Hair Appliance aisle? I never received anything new, n9r did I receive any new barcodes to put on my old displays with the new display process

Mine all got tossed because for my store, the mirrors pog was eliminated and the mirrors are now on the base deck of hair accessories so no displays are needed. Does your pog show a shelf for display mirrors?

Mine all got tossed because for my store, the mirrors pog was eliminated and the mirrors are now on the base deck of hair accessories so no displays are needed. Does your pog show a shelf for display mirrors?
This is where mine went too.

Hello all, does anyone know how long it takes to get access to sap? I'm a new signing tm (been in role for a couple weeks) and it's getting really annoying to not be able to order anything.

Hello all, does anyone know how long it takes to get access to sap? I'm a new signing tm (been in role for a couple weeks) and it's getting really annoying to not be able to order anything.

I think it depends, keep asking your HR-ETL as that is who supplied me with mine, relatively quickly.

I believe you can also send a mysupport asking for access. Just let them know you are the signing tm. I feel like this is what I did when I took over the role a few years ago.

At the time I got the signing position I was assigned e-mail and ordering access in the first week, but back then I actually had a competent ETL-HR. I haven't been able to say that for a very long time.

Back