MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Does anyone at an store with this type hanging sign (the football type) been told to have it removed?
target-store-logo.jpg

I noticed last week that about half of ours had come down, but not all of them.
all of ours where taken down when I came in yesterday for my mid. I talked to maintenance TM (dont remember the title) and he said he was simply told in email they come down.

Does anyone at an store with this type hanging sign (the football type) been told to have it removed?
target-store-logo.jpg
Yeah our PMT got a work order and took down around 18 of them a few weeks ago. They were mostly redundant or for very small departments (like automotive). The remaining signs are good enough.

I wonder how many I’ll see at my store next time I’m in. Sweeps have been packed lately so those may have been put up in the steel space

Wonder if this is an attempt to get TMs to walk more guests to the items they are looking for. When a guest would ask me for something auto related I would just direct them to the D-aisles and tell them to look for the big, red, hanging Automotive sign.

Yeah our PMT got a work order and took down around 18 of them a few weeks ago. They were mostly redundant or for very small departments (like automotive). The remaining signs are good enough.
there's a map the pmt got that shows what is staying and going. It's about half for us too, plus all of market (got spiffy flat black ones instead). As far as I know nobody was set to remove them all. They are freaking expensive to replace too.

I like them but I agree that there was nothing wrong with the old ones.

Agreed. I *love* the new 11x11 clearance signs though!

target-store-logo.jpg

We don't have any near as big as those, since we're not two floors. But yeah, they're giving us an open-top dumpster later in the week for them.

I just found out my remodel next year is "high-scope" whatever that means. It starts Week 1 January and ends in April. I'm so happy; there won't be the massive post-Christmas hours slump for me :D

pmt was off last few days but I imagine he will be taking down some of the overheads in my store. I don't find them useless, but how they are positioned is crazy after our remodel, like in c&d there is one for frames, automotive, and another (dont remember which) right next to one another, because the aisles are consecutive. Have to angle yourself to actually read them all lol.

PMT’s got a Redwire order to remove them and send them to DC’s to be trashed. New update as of Friday is that dumpsters are being sent to stores to trash em (take advantage so you don’t have to sweep every thing!) From what I’ve heard from other stores in the district is an average of 17 “boats”. The reasoning behind it is it will make the stores less “cluttered” and guests will see brand advertisements better.

Wouldn’t surprise me if HQ decides to reinstall them by January lol

Oh those were fun to take down. My PMT and I took care of them last Tuesday in the morning and then placed them in the sweep truck the next day. They are surprisingly light!

And anybody get more news about the inserts for domestics? Still have a flat full of holders just chilling under my steel...

PMT’s got a Redwire order to remove them and send them to DC’s to be trashed. New update as of Friday is that dumpsters are being sent to stores to trash em (take advantage so you don’t have to sweep every thing!) From what I’ve heard from other stores in the district is an average of 17 “boats”. The reasoning behind it is it will make the stores less “cluttered” and guests will see brand advertisements better.

Wouldn’t surprise me if HQ decides to reinstall them by January lol

I wish I actually had stuff to toss in the dumpster outsude of these things lmao

Oh those were fun to take down. My PMT and I took care of them last Tuesday in the morning and then placed them in the sweep truck the next day. They are surprisingly light!

And anybody get more news about the inserts for domestics? Still have a flat full of holders just chilling under my steel...
I haven't even touched the valances. Trying to finish dec home/ domestics while fixing market signs and new clearance signing is a bit much for one minion...

Would love to know the same thing.:mad: No one seems to believe us they never came in. I am sure they will be coming in soon... probably with the Christmas signing, at the time you have the least amount of time.;)

Yes. Certainly. When we're doing the 48 hour challenge (set, pulled, pushed and backstocked!), all the Christmas hanging, Hearth and Hand and Amplified Gifting.

Oh you got more? No problem! Just throw it into the fire I'm about to set in receiving.

Back