MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Yes the guests do, and sometimes I accidentally contribute, especially with pegged items where the fold under tab is on the left, covering up the barcode and DPCI.
It was nice to see the introduction of the 1 3/4" x 5" signs, months back, and it would be nice of they followed that format for all of them. The most ridiculous sale signs were the 50% sale in furniture, earlier this year. They were huge and did nothing nut plea to be on the floor.
The dpci is scannable on th back of ad sign.

I have wished for years that we would get signs like, say, CVS uses. Slight adhesive back. I've tested them out and they seem to hold pretty good. At least better than our folded ones do...

The flip side would be all the dirt that would get stick to the label strip due to the adhesive. But the adhesive would be a great idea on the peghooks! I wonder if they will ever come out with a 3x3 solution for instant subs for the peghooks. The hard ones are the picture frame hooks with the tiny plastic label holder, and including a raincheck pad, sale sign, and instant sub sign on it was crazy.

That still doesn't help for the peghook signs that have the left tab tucked in.

This. The sign covers up the barcode and location schematic on the label, and since the tab is tucked in, you can't flip up the sign to scan the barcode on the back.

I never understood why they can't put the schematic on the front of the sign instead of inside the folded part. It would make stocking easier.

This. The sign covers up the barcode and location schematic on the label, and since the tab is tucked in, you can't flip up the sign to scan the barcode on the back.
I never understood why they can't put the schematic on the front of the sign instead of inside the folded part. It would make stocking easier.
Recently, they put the schematic on the back of a hq signs. Your ad should be putting the 3 by 5 behind the label strip according to bp, not in front of it.

Your ad should be putting the 3 by 5 behind the label strip according to bp, not in front of it.

Please, please, PLEASE no. Just no. Not ever. "Best" practice it may be, but it leads to so many torn label strips/missing single labels, it's just not worth it.

Please, please, PLEASE no. Just no. Not ever. "Best" practice it may be, but it leads to so many torn label strips/missing single labels, it's just not worth it.
Wait till you get an ad audit done by your dtl. Looking for that very thing to happen.

It's not just the signs falling down, it's the damn strip popping out when you get more four signs on the strip.

Did anyone else get a metric ton of infant furniture, and then have IMPACT arrive the day after it arrived to only build two items (which they insisted that we wouldn't have - even though we did)?

Did anyone else get a metric ton of infant furniture, and then have IMPACT arrive the day after it arrived to only build two items (which they insisted that we wouldn't have - even though we did)?

Yes, YES, Y E S
They came today.
Goddamit, nobody told us they were coming.
We didn't have everything on the list and the bastard bailed before I got the chance to pull stuff out of stock.
I so hate IMPACT.

Yes, YES, Y E S
They came today.
Goddamit, nobody told us they were coming.
We didn't have everything on the list and the bastard bailed before I got the chance to pull stuff out of stock.
I so hate IMPACT.

By "pull out of stock", you don't mean actual retail stock do you?

Even the guy from IMPACT was griping about IMPACT. No warning here either. But ours have a good amount with RED stickers on them that say HOLD FOR IMPACT TO BUILD or something similar - but the impact guy said he just had two display cribs on his list and nothing else? I haven't had time to read the packet yet - hopefully something is made clear. I wish they would SEND THE LIST like they used to - to check what IMPACT is actually coming to build. IMPACT doesn't even bring paper copies anymore. Nothing for anyone to sign, they just pull up part numbers (slowly) on their phones.

By "pull out of stock", you don't mean actual retail stock do you?

This might be the first time in forever that ours weren't backstocked. I don't know how many times i've had to just walk infants in the backroom looking for green labels.

Impact came about a week before we actually received the displays for them to build. And now we have a pallet but they were only contracted to build two cribs? psh. :facepalm:

Impact came about a week before we actually received the displays for them to build. And now we have a pallet but they were only contracted to build two cribs? psh. :facepalm:

I built all the infant displays. I can never really rely on Impact to come on time and they always leave a mess behind. Some of the car seat displays said to hold for Impact which was useless because all you have to do is take it out of the box, no assembly required.

Through the 3 NIT transitions I went through during signing, Impact was only asked to build the wood display cribs, it was up to the store(i.e. me) to assemble everything else. The transition manuals also had a build by time frame(week of XYZ) and a phone number to call if they did not show up by then.

Yea, I have to build all the play pens, car seats, bouncy rings, etc.
But there are chest of drawers, a glider and a changing table that didn't get built.
So once again I'm going to be building the darn things.
Calling the guys back never works.

Oh and on pulling things out of stock, mostly I meant checking to see if the display had gotten backstocked but I'm not above taking something out of stock if need be.

Us too! They came on the 11th. He told me that he could take them out of store stock. Uh, nooooo......

Got his phone number and told him I would call him. Couple days later, they started streaming in (3 pallets of the stuff so far), but neither him or Impact are answering our calls.

Walking through infant furniture section of steel of course what do i see but a crib with a giant green display sticker and a white "needs to be built" sticker on it as well. So much for that.

i was wondering what all those other displays were that explicitly say "hold for IMPACT to build". i haven't even had time to look them over.

OMG, was infants a challenge or what?

Whats up with the white crib display being listed on the large insert sign as being online only? Really?

They just love making the TM's life more complicated.
What gets to me is the plano team is so impressed that they set everything in one day but I'm still scrambling to get everything finished.
The fact that the STL and I managed to build almost everything (except for the few pieces the Impact did) in one day doesn't seem to impress anybody but us.

Back