MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

@Walmart just for asking these kind of questions and the way you detail them I can already tell you're going to be a great signing team member.... Hopefully you don't get burned out like some of the rest of us

I haven't been given signing hours for the last few weeks really. Signing workload is reduced significantly. You basically organize the pallet and leave it for the team to pick through. Presentation is basically reduced to revisions here and there. Lately I've been doing Flexible Fufilment.

How do you guys navigate the online planographic link on workbench? I try to stay on top of Plano to keep track of checklanes end caps that are supposed to be set, but I can't figure out how to tell which sales planners belong at which checklanes. Help?

How do you guys navigate the online planographic link on workbench? I try to stay on top of Plano to keep track of checklanes end caps that are supposed to be set, but I can't figure out how to tell which sales planners belong at which checklanes. Help?

Did you scroll down the dropbox? I think its under (SP) GM checklane or something like that. There's usually a map that plano tl follows (search visual adjacency map) It gives them an idea which salesplanner tie to which checklane, but double check because sometimes they get moved around.

Look for dept 152 in Online Planogram. That will list all the current salesplans for the checklanes & big baskets and whether or not they have been set.

As far as the adjacency map, it does not specify which salesplans go on which endcaps....at least not as specifically as other endcaps in the store. (This could be an ASANTS thing, my store's map only indicates salesplans, but not which salesplans except the seasonal one and the new releases as those have permanent spots.) Your best bet for figuring out which ones to use for setting new salesplans is to check the set date on the Planogram header on each set endcap; if it is more than a month(ish) old you are probably safe to switch it out (keeping in mind seasonality of certain items, like don't take down a fireworks endcap right before the holiday).

So I had my best MySupport yet...

I asked for a Part # for the plastic Fences, I mentioned earlier in this thread (Thank you, MySupport ended up giving it to me too, but 4 days later).. I also mentioned that the part # for the fences in our Fixture Accessory Manual, is flat out wrong.

Their response?

"We went ahead and ordered these for your store, they should be there within 3 weeks".

I gave no quantity on what to order (Nor even asked them to order anything). All I wanted was the part # for the fixture, and for them to find a way to fix our online fixture manual.

Part of me wants to shut up, and wait and see, because we need them, but can't afford them. Is there a way to (LOL) MySupport the issue, once they arrive, and not get Charged? :eek:

So I had my best MySupport yet...

I asked for a Part # for the plastic Fences, I mentioned earlier in this thread (Thank you, MySupport ended up giving it to me too, but 4 days later).. I also mentioned that the part # for the fences in our Fixture Accessory Manual, is flat out wrong.

Their response?

"We went ahead and ordered these for your store, they should be there within 3 weeks".

I gave no quantity on what to order (Nor even asked them to order anything). All I wanted was the part # for the fixture, and for them to find a way to fix our online fixture manual.

Part of me wants to shut up, and wait and see, because we need them, but can't afford them. Is there a way to (LOL) MySupport the issue, once they arrive, and not get Charged? :eek:

I would maybe start with reopening your mySupport and clarifying you were only asking for the number, not asking them to order it for you. AND that you are fully expecting them to foot the bill since they made the mistake.

So over mySupport. I hate how they give answers without actually understanding the questions asked and then mess things up more as a result. I've got 3 reopened cases with them right now, and am ready to go full on CAPS LOCK on them if I get another non-answer "resolution."

And that fixture manual needs a serious update! It's got so many old fixtures in it that are no longer used or numbers that don't work in SAP.

I would maybe start with reopening your mySupport and clarifying you were only asking for the number, not asking them to order it for you. AND that you are fully expecting them to foot the bill since they made the mistake.

So over mySupport. I hate how they give answers without actually understanding the questions asked and then mess things up more as a result. I've got 3 reopened cases with them right now, and am ready to go full on CAPS LOCK on them if I get another non-answer "resolution."

And that fixture manual needs a serious update! It's got so many old fixtures in it that are no longer used or numbers that don't work in SAP.

To be positive though, once we aren't here, no one will be here to notice these issues.
:D.

I'd love to see the $ loss, company wide, when Signing TM isn't a thing.

Anyone know where I can find the new promo signs instructions? I feel like going from 10 hours (never needed that many but whatever) to none is kinda optimistic.

Anyone know where I can find the new promo signs instructions? I feel like going from 10 hours (never needed that many but whatever) to none is kinda optimistic.

Search Promotional signing in workbench and It will take you to the page. Basically all it did was put the research responsibility of the signs on the Sunday Setup Team

Ive been reading old posts and the term "power aisle" came up a few times. What is that refering to?

Also, for signs that dont show in the softline VMG, do you guys throw that away?

Ive been reading old posts and the term "power aisle" came up a few times. What is that refering to?

Also, for signs that dont show in the softline VMG, do you guys throw that away?

Power Aisle is the main aisle that runs alongside the checklanes.

I leave all the softlines signing for the visual merchandiser. The only signing I touch in softlines is the CSEs and the panel signing for movable walls. The rest is for her to sort out.

Power Aisle is the main aisle that runs alongside the checklanes.

I leave all the softlines signing for the visual merchandiser. The only signing I touch in softlines is the CSEs and the panel signing for movable walls. The rest is for her to sort out.

Same here.

Last years Christmas Overheads, were a joke, compared to the year Prior...

That main entrance overhead that said 45 minutes on the directions? LOL. Took me and a Poggie, 5 hours, and about 100 overhead wires.

Back