MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Not that I am are of. 2.0 rolled out for us at the same time as the new phone call app, but yesterday they took away 1.0 and in its place on the Zebra is an app exclusive for price change with a yellow $ symbol. That app wasn't working well yesterday so price change had to use PDAs to scan because 2.0 doesn't have price change at all.

I like some of the features included in 2.0 (EXF, mispick, all pog info on one page), but there are still kinks to work out and I'd like the option to make a label batch again, but I've heard Store Applications on the computer is going away when the PDAs do so maybe that's why it's gone.

Great!

/sarcasm

So what happens if there aren’t enough Zebra printers? All labels will be printed on the Zebra printers? That is going to look terrible.

My PTL said we are getting more printers sent in (probably with the new shipment of Zebras) and she just found 2 unused ones in the office too.

And I fully agree, really dislike the look of printer labels. So tacky and cheap looking.

Can’t wait to see the first POG batch of labels printed off-center, and still put up. :rolleyes:

Can you imagine printing all the labels for a Seasonal set? Especially Christmas? So many pegs ....

Well, I bet you can imagine it.

:shakes fist at corporate:

Unless they changed something from last week, you can only print a batch with the Zebra printer now. I made a batch of price labels for small apps displays using 2.0 and it didn't show up in the batch list on the computer. Had to rescan in 1.0 and the batch was there. I believe the same is true for pog batches. And with 1.0 gone as of today, now there is no other option.

My store has mywork 2.0 and we've been able to print to the normal signing room printer. Under the options, go to signs & labels, then choose printer(orange bar). There should be a Sign & Label option as well as a Stores Workbench option. Choose the Sign & Label option should go to the printer in the signing room. It will bypass store applications and go straight to the printer.

My store has mywork 2.0 and we've been able to print to the normal signing room printer. Under the options, go to signs & labels, then choose printer(orange bar). There should be a Sign & Label option as well as a Stores Workbench option. Choose the Sign & Label option should go to the printer in the signing room. It will bypass store applications and go straight to the printer.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that when I get in today! This will seriously make my day!!

Not that I am are of. 2.0 rolled out for us at the same time as the new phone call app, but yesterday they took away 1.0 and in its place on the Zebra is an app exclusive for price change with a yellow $ symbol. That app wasn't working well yesterday so price change had to use PDAs to scan because 2.0 doesn't have price change at all.

I like some of the features included in 2.0 (EXF, mispick, all pog info on one page), but there are still kinks to work out and I'd like the option to make a label batch again, but I've heard Store Applications on the computer is going away when the PDAs do so maybe that's why it's gone.
Ahh I’ve been on vacation but I heard nothing about it before I left. You seem to be a store that early sets a lot so I thought maybe you’re a test store that gets everything early! Hopefully it’s there when I go back Monday.

So I was watching Superstore and I found their fixture room

MsmsMKj.jpg

I've heard Store Applications on the computer is going away when the PDAs do so maybe that's why it's gone.
Wait! What!? How are PC labels going to get printed? Or clearance? Lexmark printer sucks at my store. It always jams! And I rely on the PDA when the stupid Zebra devices decide to not connect to the network or can't get my hands on one to do work for the day...This is so insane! Just as insane as the new roll outs ...😑😡

Last edited:
Wait! What!? How are PC labels going to get printed? Or clearance? Lexmark printer sucks at my store. It always jams! And I rely on the PDA when the stupid Zebra devices decide to not connect to the network or can't get my hands on one to do work for the day...This is so insane! Just as insane as the new roll outs ...😑😡
I mean this had been rumor forever. While store apps is definitely reliable it’s insanely old and slow. I’m excited to get rid of it and be able to print without a work station. From the sounds of it the quality of printing isn’t changing just the process for sending it to the printer?

I didn't know until yesterday that our pog team actually has their own set of power tools. Top secret of course. PMT stashes them in his cage and pretends they're his when we get a visit. Lol. Woulda been nice to know a few weeks ago when I was building furniture displays.

When you say the batch goes "straight to the printer," do you mean it immediately, automatically prints, without even giving you a chance to load the correct label stock?

When you say the batch goes "straight to the printer," do you mean it immediately, automatically prints, without even giving you a chance to load the correct label stock?
I mean if that’s the case just leave the batch there until you walk over to the printer, place in the stock, the press print.

I mean this had been rumor forever. While store apps is definitely reliable it’s insanely old and slow. I’m excited to get rid of it and be able to print without a work station. From the sounds of it the quality of printing isn’t changing just the process for sending it to the printer?
The rumor I was made aware of was the PDA's were going away(which we still have). I did not hear about the store applications going away. That's why I freaked out. 🙄 If they are taking it away then fine but I sure hope they fix the stupid glitches...Oh wait! I'm not going hold my breath because the update 2 years ago on the Zebra software regarding dropping batches is still broken! 🤣🤣🤣

what is the process to print signs in myWork 2.0?

Search myWork 2.0 on Workbench. There is a guide for printing labels, processing defects, mispick, sign audit.

Price change still uses Store Applications for now because it is still in myWork 1.0 and hasn't been migrated to 2.0. But also of note, the Zebra printers need to have a setting changed now in order to print clearance stickers and they print with a slightly different font and larger numbers. Looks nice. *Workbench has a guide for that too.*

We avoid jams with sticky labels and sale signing by only feeding one sheet at a time in the printer. Takes a bit longer to print but eliminates the frustration of jams.

Print quality is exactly the same, just faster.

The Zebra prompts you to make sure the correct paper is loaded. And tells you what paper to use.

When I saw how easy and fast this worked, it made me giddy the rest of the day. Not often does something change at work that makes me this kind of excited and amazed! It's a breath of fresh air compared to all the other recent changes.

Store Applications will indeed be going away with the PDAs.
One store in the company hasn't had PDAs or StoreApps since July and it's been going good.

I'm curious to know what happens to some of the other functions in Store Applications. Like the ability to add a DPCI or UPC to the system for NOF items, for example.

So I was watching Superstore and I found their fixture room

MsmsMKj.jpg

Mine looks fairly similar except my bins are all grey with labels and I don't have a fake baby in mine, just a skinny naked mannequin who we all agree really should put some clothes back on because she is NSFW as is, lol.

Uh. Well. At the moment, you lose those functions.

Bummer. MySupport is terrible at trying to get items into the system so that functionality would be nice to have on the Zebra at some point. But thank you @tmap98 for your honest answer, I am a fan of direct answers instead of hemming & hawing or misdirection.

Mine looks fairly similar except my bins are all grey with labels and I don't have a fake baby in mine, just a skinny naked mannequin who we all agree really should put some clothes back on because she is NSFW as is, lol.

I had a chest mannequin (bustform or whatever) who we called Marie the Mascot of the Fixture Room

Does myWork 2.0 also have all the various print options other than Print All Labels like just printing revision labels and price accuracy labels? Also, wish they'd bring back the "scan two labels to print the missing labels for in between them" feature that the PDAs apparently had back in the day.

Does myWork 2.0 also have all the various print options other than Print All Labels like just printing revision labels and price accuracy labels? Also, wish they'd bring back the "scan two labels to print the missing labels for in between them" feature that the PDAs apparently had back in the day.

Since we can look up line listings on the Zebras now, I don't see a point in have the missing label feature. But I do wish they fixed the issue where pegs will show as a shelf (ex. 1-P3-1 will be 1-3-1)

Back