MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

But I don't understand softlines at all and my coworkers don't seem to understand either, but I have no idea where to find the official information either

But I don't understand softlines at all and my coworkers don't seem to understand either, but I have no idea where to find the official information either

I don't think you're going to find a specific map or anything for where the signs hang exactly in your store, I've never seen one. I just open up the boxes see how many are in there and place based on what the current signs up look like. So if there are 2 sets of paired signs sent and 2 sets of paired signs up, I swap them out. Which order doesn't matter as much, no one will know the difference.

I’m sure you’ve got a good idea! No signing TMs, no pricing or Plano TMs and no one who knows anything about target! It’ll be exciting
I just don't know if the one we did planorama at is the closest. It's a bit of a drive from us.

We have quite a bit of extra new fixtures that need a home. The VMG was of absolutely no help. I believe it comes down to "make it work and make it look presentable." I was curious where you guys have your bunkers at. We're low volume, pre-remodel.

We have quite a bit of extra new fixtures that need a home. The VMG was of absolutely no help. I believe it comes down to "make it work and make it look presentable." I was curious where you guys have your bunkers at. We're low volume, pre-remodel.

We have it under a shelf that connects two moveable walls in boys/girls.

For non-remodel stores, it calls for them preferably under a table or shelf in jewelry/accessory.

We have it under a shelf that connects two moveable walls in boys/girls.

For non-remodel stores, it calls for them preferably under a table or shelf in jewelry/accessory.
We ended up putting them on one of the back Walls that didn't have legs and under our only table tall enough to house it. We don't have any tables in jewelry. I wanted to put them on some of the softlines end caps that don't reach all the way to the aisle, but I have a feeling I'd have been told to move them

- attention to details (notices the small stuff)

This is so important for signing and plano yet not many TMs have it. Would make my job a lot easier!

To add to @SigningLady list:
- Knowledge in setting plano
- Ability to prioritize
- Proactive in fixing issues and ordering any missing signs/displays/fixtures

What I don't like:
- Laziness
- A "Fuck it. Not my problem" kind of attitude

Don’t know where else to post this..

Anyone have any variations of part numbers for the larger cereal pushers and if they come in any other depths than 28”/24(?)”?

Don’t know where else to post this..

Anyone have any variations of part numbers for the larger cereal pushers and if they come in any other depths than 28”/24(?)”?

The only ones I've seen on SAP are the 28" ones. The other similar options would just be the regular double pushers in a 22" or 18" or 14".

Could anybody kindly give me the DPCI for the sign that's supposed to be hanging just above produce? It's actually two of the same sign that hangs from those super annoying rectangular hooks.

Edit: pfresh store

Could anybody kindly give me the DPCI for the sign that's supposed to be hanging just above produce? It's actually two of the same sign that hangs from those super annoying rectangular hooks.

I'd like to help you out but either the PA or the TL tossed them out so I have zero signs up right now. 😕

The three black rectangle thingies, that went up maybe a few months ago? The cloth hang things?

Have anyone seen the adjacency map for mini seasonal? I looked today and haven't seen an updated one. Also since mini seasonal pre-ties are scheduled on 12/17. Is that the only day we can do the pre-tie and what is the cut off time if any? I haven't done a pre-tie in ages.

Have anyone seen the adjacency map for mini seasonal? I looked today and haven't seen an updated one. Also since mini seasonal pre-ties are scheduled on 12/17. Is that the only day we can do the pre-tie and what is the cut off time if any? I haven't done a pre-tie in ages.

The Adjecencies link in WorkBench had the new mini map on it last week. Pre-ties should be done on the Monday they are scheduled so the majority of the freight will have the correct locations. I think the cut off time on Monday is 10:30pm? You can pre-tie after Monday though, it just doesn't count toward that metric (not that anyone looks at those anymore).

The Adjecencies link in WorkBench had the new mini map on it last week. Pre-ties should be done on the Monday they are scheduled so the majority of the freight will have the correct locations. I think the cut off time on Monday is 10:30pm? You can pre-tie after Monday though, it just doesn't count toward that metric (not that anyone looks at those anymore).

Thanks! Also tbe DC Product Flow Date on pretie schedule. Is that when most of the products arrives and a good time to sort the merch. on a pallet?

Thanks! Also tbe DC Product Flow Date on pretie schedule. Is that when most of the products arrives and a good time to sort the merch. on a pallet?

I think that is when most of the freight is released from the DC. You will still end up with about a pallet's worth of stuff that will have arrived before the pre-tie. It's easiest to send that stuff to backstock so you don't have to dig thru an unsorted pallet later.

Back