MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

For those who've done patio signing in the past, how low do you put your hangtags for the chair flat? We normally put it like 3-4ft above eye level but I think VMG says "eye level" which seems awkwardly too low with guest being able to pull the wires down.

For those who've done patio signing in the past, how low do you put your hangtags for the chair flat? We normally put it like 3-4ft above eye level but I think VMG says "eye level" which seems awkwardly too low with guest being able to pull the wires down.

I hang mine so that the bottom of the sign would just about touch the top of a gondola, so 84 inches from the floor. It should be high enough guests can't mess with it, but low enough that a team member can reach the signing for ad by using a step ladder.

We set rear and mini seasonal with labels. So much waste...
But it saves so much time! And especially for those who aren't proficient at setting aisles in reverse. I had a former STL who was so OCD that his brain could not set reverse POGS with just printed labels especially in Mini-Seasonal before label strips were issued. He always left those aisles for me. So waste of time, no. Waste of paper, I guess it's a matter of opinion.

But it saves so much time! And especially for those who aren't proficient at setting aisles in reverse. I had a former STL who was so OCD that his brain could not set reverse POGS with just printed labels especially in Mini-Seasonal before label strips were issued. He always left those aisles for me. So waste of time, no. Waste of paper, I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Totally agree with the reverse aisles! I have one team member who I only allow to do reverse aisles if they are completely shelved; if we didn't use label strips for those she'd be lost.

Just about done with seasonal. Was anyone else shorted with the boxed overheads? They only sent me 13 which leaves 2 total for the chair stack behind furniture....

Just about done with seasonal. Was anyone else shorted with the boxed overheads? They only sent me 13 which leaves 2 total for the chair stack behind furniture....

I can let you know at the end of February when I set patio. Our seasonal set is Back to Routine right now.

Anyone get their signing pallet for toys? Also, the aisle markers for mini and rear seasonal?

Small pallet, yes. Mostly just focal signing and some smaller header boxes. I have not seen any CECS for mini or seasonal yet.

I can let you know at the end of February when I set patio. Our seasonal set is Back to Routine right now.

Small pallet, yes. Mostly just focal signing and some smaller header boxes. I have not seen any CECS for mini or seasonal yet.
My cse came the pallet before the toy flask one.

Instructions shows 13 and that's what I got. Seems low but will see once I put the stack sign.

Did you receive the 11x11 tabletop signs for patio flat, leaf gondola topper, or leaf spine for the t-frame pillow? Missing those.

If you can get me the project # for those I will send you virtual hugs.

I just want to recognize the person at the printing plant who didn't use enough plastic wrap around the 3x2 aisle signs for this week's ad. About half of them broke apart and got all shuffled together during transit. Thank you for wasting my time!

I know this is signing but you’re all experts it seems..... I’m a new TL over pricing Plano with zero TMs to learn from and a store that won’t send me out for training..... I’ve been with target for two years so I have a great understanding on pogs and setting and really enjoy it but i have zero clue how pricing works besides scanning clearance and put on the tickets. Can you give a good daily routine? I’m trying to catch up from there being no one for a month on pricing. I have about 3000 labels to do and not really sure the best way to go about it. How can you activate and print with just a my device so I can go aisle by aisle? Right now I’m using store applications and printing by due date so I’m constantly doing circles around the store.

I know this is signing but you’re all experts it seems..... I’m a new TL over pricing Plano with zero TMs to learn from and a store that won’t send me out for training..... I’ve been with target for two years so I have a great understanding on pogs and setting and really enjoy it but i have zero clue how pricing works besides scanning clearance and put on the tickets. Can you give a good daily routine? I’m trying to catch up from there being no one for a month on pricing. I have about 3000 labels to do and not really sure the best way to go about it. How can you activate and print with just a my device so I can go aisle by aisle? Right now I’m using store applications and printing by due date so I’m constantly doing circles around the store.

I know I've gone into Store Applications and printed an aisle's worth of labels before for a day's workload (really helpful when only one page prints weird) but I'm not sure if this would work to print all the labels for an aisle or just a single day's. Been awhile since I've had to do labels for PC.

Have you considered printing all of the late labels at once? That way you'd have all the labels needed with you and could just go into the PC app and into the late workload which should path through each block. Once something is late in the app, it all gets lumped together in the current day's workload. Downside is you'd have to dig through all the labels to find the correct one the app is telling you to activate.

Daily routine would be to print all the labels needed for that day and get those activated/placed first. Then you can go back into that day's divisions to hit up further markdowns and endcaps. Alternately, you can also complete divisions before moving out of a block, saves some steps backtracking (I prefer finishing all the labels first). Inline clearance can get activated as you put up new labels. Backroom is last and then worked to the floor.

I know I've gone into Store Applications and printed an aisle's worth of labels before for a day's workload (really helpful when only one page prints weird) but I'm not sure if this would work to print all the labels for an aisle or just a single day's. Been awhile since I've had to do labels for PC.

Have you considered printing all of the late labels at once? That way you'd have all the labels needed with you and could just go into the PC app and into the late workload which should path through each block. Once something is late in the app, it all gets lumped together in the current day's workload. Downside is you'd have to dig through all the labels to find the correct one the app is telling you to activate.

Daily routine would be to print all the labels needed for that day and get those activated/placed first. Then you can go back into that day's divisions to hit up further markdowns and endcaps. Alternately, you can also complete divisions before moving out of a block, saves some steps backtracking (I prefer finishing all the labels first). Inline clearance can get activated as you put up new labels. Backroom is last and then worked to the floor.
This is basically what I’ve been doing or trying to do but the only options I’m getting in store apps is listed by the date they were do up to four weeks back. Some days it’s a couple labels and some are hundreds. This method works just lots of back tracking. I just feel like there should be an easier way to print them by aisle or ideal world I could just print all late because 90% of them are late.

This is basically what I’ve been doing or trying to do but the only options I’m getting in store apps is listed by the date they were do up to four weeks back. Some days it’s a couple labels and some are hundreds. This method works just lots of back tracking. I just feel like there should be an easier way to print them by aisle or ideal world I could just print all late because 90% of them are late.

Geez, four weeks is a lot! If I think of something other than continuing to chip away at it, I'll let you know. Are you solely focusing on the late stuff or are you keeping up with the new too? I'd do both, otherwise you're just chasing a tail that is still moving away from you.

Dumb question I know, why don't you ask your ETL what to do? They should be able to give you some idea of how to proceed.

It has to be printed by day. When we get behind we use an accordion file to sort by section and add as we're print daily. Pick a section that's behind and work it, then get some ticketing done. I'm not sure how it works at your size store, but I'd reach out via email to another and ask for ideas. I can't believe they won't send you out at all. 🤦‍♀️

I don't know which store you went to but stoneham is one and their stl is great. Try using the store number to get the generic pptl for questions?

Candy cane tree: keep or toss? Bins for pjs and plastic risers from gifting tables: keep or toss?
I know i could look these up, but figured this would be quicker.

Back