MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Hmmmm....I sure don’t envy you trying to catch up! It sounds nearly impossible. We struggle to stay current, each day has a workload that takes all day to complete. I could imagine adding to it ! Unless you are given unlimited amounts of payroll hours to play catch up , I think it would be a more productive use of time to start with TODAYS work and stay CURRENT. I have seen so many labels replaced MULTIPLE times only to end up at the EXACT same price !
ex: current label at 3.59, on 12/22 new label for 3.79, on 12/26 new label for 3.49, on 1/3 new label for 3.59.
Was it really effective to backtrack and place all three labels up ? Some of that old stuff is redundant. Plus, you could be making things WORSE - what if you stick a 4 week old label on top of a newer label that was set 2 weeks ago where they already put up a MORE CURRENT price accuracy label ?
Ask your STL : “Can I work the CURRENT workload only and let all red/old/expired/replaced work naturally work their way out of the system or get corrected through
PCV checks ?”

Candy cane tree: keep or toss? Bins for pjs and plastic risers from gifting tables: keep or toss?
I know i could look these up, but figured this would be quicker.

There was clear direction to TOSS the candy cane tree (I liked it and wanted to keep it but NO).
The Amplified gifting is carried forward and resetting. I already re-used some parts: KEEP.

Candy cane tree: keep or toss? Bins for pjs and plastic risers from gifting tables: keep or toss?
I know i could look these up, but figured this would be quicker.
Candy cane-toss. It's coming home with me for craft fair displays.
Amplified gifting-keep some. These are needed for future sets and to merchandise on the fly. I've got no idea where I'm putting mine, they currently live on a flat in the fixture room.

Candy cane-toss. It's coming home with me for craft fair displays.
Amplified gifting-keep some. These are needed for future sets and to merchandise on the fly. I've got no idea where I'm putting mine, they currently live on a flat in the fixture room.

Yup, this. I tossed all the unused Amp Gifting risers and bins but we are holding into the used ones for now. Hoping the week of 1/13 I will have time to find a spot for them since Plano workload is lighter.

Whew, gutsy. We have 2 pallets of unopened Amp Gift fixtures and parts. I’m reluctant to toss because I don’t know what will be needed in the future.
There is one part: a big metal square frame that we have a lot of and never used. Tempted to toss those because there are so many out of the box and I’m not sure what it does.

Any one know if the container used to keep the amplified gifting fixtures is here to stay or will it be taken away soon? Could be useful to keep all our unused fixtures.

Questions about the one up pole.

1. This might sound dumb, but you put the spider clips first on the ceiling, then hang the sign with a ladder? Or you put the clips and signing at the same time?
2. Does it matter which spider clip is used, white or clear? I know white ones are more stiff/tighter on the ceiling.
3. How do you move the spider clips around to lets say make it spread out from the other spider clips?
4. What are the limitations. I'm assuming it doesn't work on overly large or heavy signs right? Just simple ones with 2 spider clips attached?
5. How do you use it to remove an overhead without it falling on your head?

I wish there was some kind of training video on how to use this but I couldn't find one.

Last edited:
Questions about the one up pole.

1. This might sound dumb, but you put the spider clips first on the ceiling, then hang the sign with a ladder? Or you put the clips and signing at the same time?

Attach the clips & wires to the signing first, then to the ceiling. The idea is that you don't need a ladder or Wave when you are using the One Up pole.

2. Does it matter which spider clip is used, white or clear? I know white ones are more stiff/tighter on the ceiling.

You can use either one, but I have found the clear ones fit onto the pole a lot better.

3. How do you move the spider clips around to lets say make it spread out from the other spider clips?

If you need to make adjustments after hanging, use the pole to unclip the one you need to move. If you need to adjust more than one, it may make more sense to go up on the Wave or ladder.

4. What are the limitations. I'm assuming it doesn't work on overly large or heavy signs right? Just simple ones with 2 spider clips attached?

It can work on the larger/heavier signing. Example: the red awnings from Christmas. I only used the pole to hang these and remove them. Hung the 2 middle back clips first and then was able to reach the other clips from the floor and hang each of those one by one. It all depends on how the clips are spaced on the signing.

5. How do you use it to remove an overhead without it falling on your head?

Practice! And steady, strong arms. It's helpful to place the bottom of the pole on the floor once you unclip the sign. This gives you better leverage as you bring the sign down (unextend the pole). Also, very helpful to have fast reflexes for when the sign does get away from you. If you have concerns the sign may be unwieldy coming down, always wait for the area to be clear of any people or have a spotter with you.

I wish there was some kind of training video on how to use this but I couldn't find one.

Answers in bold above. It definitely helps watching someone else demonstrate how to use it. It took me awhile before I was comfortable using it without the assistance of the former signing tm. And now I am more proficient at it than she is.

Answers in bold above. It definitely helps watching someone else demonstrate how to use it. It took me awhile before I was comfortable using it without the assistance of the former signing tm. And now I am more proficient at it than she is.

Thank you! This really helps :)

Stores should have received 2 white metal bunkers in the AG containers to hold cardboard bins and be placed in boys/girls or jewelry in chain stores. There stupid heavy and don't hold much but better than nothing I guess.
I've got to remember to get the sltl to place these for me. But then I'll still have things off extra crap.

Stores should have received 2 white metal bunkers in the AG containers to hold cardboard bins and be placed in boys/girls or jewelry in chain stores. There stupid heavy and don't hold much but better than nothing I guess.

Yes and I was asking them if they threw them away because I know they shouldn't be

Even the cardboard ones?

Yes, the cardboard ones. Any that were out on the floor we still have (in a shopping cart no less!) but I had a whole box we didn't touch at all plus a whole box of the white plastic risers. Gone now.

We never used the metal bunkers. Why bother when we have a whole pod to keep everything in? I will leave it up to the softlines tl if she wants to keep/use them as long as she stores it out on the salesfloor.

Yes, the cardboard ones. Any that were out on the floor we still have (in a shopping cart no less!) but I had a whole box we didn't touch at all plus a whole box of the white plastic risers. Gone now.

We never used the metal bunkers. Why bother when we have a whole pod to keep everything in? I will leave it up to the softlines tl if she wants to keep/use them as long as she stores it out on the salesfloor.

It's easier for our TMs to grab and go. We have containers that people have limited access to w/o keys, 25 yards away, and a pain in the ass to open/close. Doesn't seem efficient going back and forth just for bins. I'd rather keep extras in my signing area.

ASANT, I'm not sure how much longer these containers will stay so I'd rather use the bunkers now then have it missing later.

What does the current candy focal signing look like/what's the part number on it? I looked up at it recently and realized that it is the red, white, and blue mm's in the shape of a star for 4th of july 0_o

In that regard, the most recent produce table signs I received were fall apple ones. What's the current one for these?

What does the current candy focal signing look like/what's the part number on it? I looked up at it recently and realized that it is the red, white, and blue mm's in the shape of a star for 4th of july 0_o

In that regard, the most recent produce table signs I received were fall apple ones. What's the current one for these?

I havent received any new produce table signs

Still apples, only the meat bunker changed for winter.

No idea on the candy, my etl took the box and I've never checked if he set it or tossed it.

So no idea on the Babyfresh food? I've got a cooler and no idea where it goes since the adjacency doesn't show it and it needs a 4ft powered gondola.

If I remember this week, I can get you the numbers for both. I received the new candy focal last week and the produce one came in right after Christmas.

@signingminion Have you looked to see if the BabyFresh cooler is going in Market? It would make more sense in Baby but if you don't see it there might be worth a look. I have not received any cooler as of yet and did not see anything of note about it the baby transition guide either.

Back