MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Saw this post of an ancient Target on Reddit, was reminded I never got my popsicles.

I love the ancient decor combined with modern amplified gifting.

You know, for having such enormous buggies, Target sure does seem determined to make sure guests can only just barely make it through the aisles with them, and even then...I have my doubts.

mLBCcUJ.jpg

Saw this post of an ancient Target on Reddit, was reminded I never got my popsicles.

I love the ancient decor combined with modern amplified gifting.

I got my popsicle. It's still in the box as I haven't built it to hang yet, lol. Wasn't given time last week. 🤷

So I'm scheduled start building BTS shippers the day they start setting and will probably be helping PMT move gondolas at the same time. This is gonna be a frustrating week.

You know, for having such enormous buggies, Target sure does seem determined to make sure guests can only just barely make it through the aisles with them, and even then...I have my doubts.
We are not nearly as bad as Walmart, thank goodness. They are so claustrophobic and hard to navigate, just one of many reasons I don't shop there.

lol rip looks like my stl spoke too soon. they finally nixed the signing role at my store. i'm going to be getting around 15 hours a week in signing going forward and then the rest is gonna be in gm.

i can't be too disappointed bc i had a feeling it was coming sooner or later.

lol rip looks like my stl spoke too soon. they finally nixed the signing role at my store. i'm going to be getting around 15 hours a week in signing going forward and then the rest is gonna be in gm.

i can't be too disappointed bc i had a feeling it was coming sooner or later.

Lucky. I get 0 zero hours. Even after the addendum change, my sd isn't going to schedule anyone. That came down today. Just over it. We just let it all pile up, then when I get an hour two every couple weeks, I go in there and throw it all away. Sad.

Lucky. I get 0 zero hours. Even after the addendum change, my sd isn't going to schedule anyone. That came down today. Just over it. We just let it all pile up, then when I get an hour two every couple weeks, I go in there and throw it all away. Sad.

yeah i'm lucky in that management in my store are all awesome. there are still hours for signing so idk why they aren't being given to you so you can complete the workload for that week.

I'm sure the hours are being used at my store but it's not being shift tagged as signing so I am unable to work on any signing as my TL just assigns what I am shift tagged for. Still haven't switched FOS to the popsicle, haven't sorted last week's pallet and am just pulling off what I need as I need it but no one else is, they're just skipping their signing altogether.

If you go to setting transitions on workbench it shows you a video of the app for “set workload”. It’s pretty cool and the virtual salesfloor is on there as well. Apparently testing in Florida stores

haven't sorted last week's pallet and am just pulling off what I need as I need it but no one else is, they're just skipping their signing altogether.

this is what i'm afraid of. i'm still doing all the pog-related signing because no one else does it even though they're supposed to "own it" now. i can't help but wonder if corporate isn't going to backtrack on any of this, or if this is just what we're going to have to deal with going forward and hopefully the hiccups will smooth themselves out the longer we're in this process.

but just today i was changing out a shitload of different headers that no one had touched for the end caps they set, as well as putting up the price points because otherwise people were just leaving it with that giant blank white space off to the right where the price points are supposed to go lol. i'm also curious how/why i'm still able to order on gocart.

If you go to setting transitions on workbench it shows you a video of the app for “set workload”. It’s pretty cool and the virtual salesfloor is on there as well. Apparently testing in Florida stores

That's great and all, but where do you find the time? I go in, I have work to do. If it's not setting, it's pushing truck, or flexible fulfillment. The only reason I know most of updates to signing is this website.

That's great and all, but where do you find the time? I go in, I have work to do. If it's not setting, it's pushing truck, or flexible fulfillment. The only reason I know most of updates to signing is this website.
Well as a TL it’s part of my job to stay up to date on company communication to best inform my team. The only reason I stumbled upon this though is because I was training a TL from another store who knows nothing about Plano so I went to the setting transition page on workbench to print out best practice. I also browse workbench while I’m eating lunch

Well as a TL it’s part of my job to stay up to date on company communication to best inform my team. The only reason I stumbled upon this though is because I was training a TL from another store who knows nothing about Plano so I went to the setting transition page on workbench to print out best practice. I also browse workbench while I’m eating lunch
You're NOT working off the clock?! LOL!!

new signing label. only thing i like is the bigger text and barcode. I hate that it doesn't give a specific dept. just "hardlines" and sticker is not on the edge.
20190624_142706.jpg

new signing label. only thing i like is the bigger text and barcode. I hate that it doesn't give a specific dept. just "hardlines" and sticker is not on the edge.
View attachment 8195

This particular one is for movie NR endcaps and LP video game endcaps, lol.

What is the point of these new labels if you have to open up the damn thing if you are not a former signing TM who can interpret what the label is actually saying?? Pre-kit number does you no good as the packing slips mean shit now and honestly, if you are new to setting pogs, you have no idea what the label description means.

Nice try, Corporate, but FAIL. (Win on the bigger text though!)

How many total hrs is everyone getting now?

Total? Between gm push, transition, and ff .... 40 almost every week. But 0 for signing. I usually try to get into the fixture room at least 10 minutes a day just to tidy up.

I NEVER do any signing unless it's my pog I'm setting or I'm specifically asked to do something.

For example, I won't break down the signing pallet until someone asks me too because I'm scheduled for something else. Now, if I'm scheduled to gm push hba and the tl asks me to go break down the pallet, I go do it. But I can't just leave one center to support another.

Tbh, my management has no vision. They just grasp each day to keep the lid from blowing off.

Back