MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Lucky to be getting to build them early.

lol i'm thinking i hit the jackpot with my etl and tl. my tl would literally burn the entire planet down if i wasn't allowed to build them beforehand and my etl would provide them w the gasoline to do it.

Just do it and don't ask first. I've found it's much easier that way and half the time they don't notice anyway. Anytime I've asked to do something first, I've always received a "no" so I stopped asking.

definitely wise!! every time i ask to do something i usually end up regretting it vs when i just do it without asking and am rarely called out on it.

They aren't included in the adjacency calendar but they ARE included in the "Presentation" workload hours in my time when they are writing the schedule

Ok that's going to be the problem. If they aren't specifically broken out as signing, I'm not getting them. And since there is no signing workcenter anymore, they're as good as gone.

Ok I broke down the one BTS pallet and I'm definately missing some stuff. CSE fabric, tower toppers, focal bins and signs, seasonal overhead.

@Ashfromoldsite Do you know how many BTS signing pallet you received? (not including the 2 "more than magic" pallet)

I only received one BTS pallet, but it definitely does not have CSE on it. Probably come on next week's pallet.

You got two More Than Magic pallets? I only got one with ISM and small fixtures on it. What is on your pallets? My Style TL thinks we are missing a tall table and nesting table. Did you receive those by chance?

I only received one BTS pallet, but it definitely does not have CSE on it. Probably come on next week's pallet.

You got two More Than Magic pallets? I only got one with ISM and small fixtures on it. What is on your pallets? My Style TL thinks we are missing a tall table and nesting table. Did you receive those by chance?

Yes 2 full pallets came same day.

Other one has tall and nesting table, jewelry spinner, gateway overhead, and some other ISM.

i got two very large pallets for more than magic too. 99% of it was fixturing and we got both of those tables among a whole bunch of other things.

Well, we are definitely missing an entire pallet then. No tables and no jewelry spinner. And probably no gateway ISM either then. TL is gonna freak when I tell her!

Anything missing now is going to be a problem. Not allowed to order anymore, have to go thru SD. So if I break down the bts pallet next week and it's missing anything it's never gonna come.

Yes 2 full pallets came same day.

Other one has tall and nesting table, jewelry spinner, gateway overhead, and some other ISM.

Ahh the overhead. That's what I'm missing. I figured there would be some type of gateway with a new launch.

That's one thing they need to change - the kit numbers are meaningless beyond checking a box vs a packing slip. If I find out that a particular box is missing, I can't use that kit number to find out any relevant information about what I am missing. Not what it was, not how to reorder it, nothing. All I can do is guess based on what I did have and what usually comes for a launch. Like in my case, I figured it had to be an overhead or gateway of some type because I didn't get one. But I'm losing time trying to figure out how to order it.

Edit: Actually, I'm remembering now that the email that made me set up signing cubbies in the fixture room mentioned a report (I forget the name) I could view on workbench that is supposed to list all signing I'm expected to receive. I'm not sure if that's new or not, but I was never told about it so if it has been there all along I'm going to feel silly/be a little angry that I didn't find out about it sooner. Because it sounds like it's exactly what I need for a situation like this.

Last edited:
Ahh the overhead. That's what I'm missing. I figured there would be some type of gateway with a new launch.

That's one thing they need to change - the kit numbers are meaningless beyond checking a box vs a packing slip. If I find out that a particular box is missing, I can't use that kit number to find out any relevant information about what I am missing. Not what it was, not how to reorder it, nothing. All I can do is guess based on what I did have and what usually comes for a launch. Like in my case, I figured it had to be an overhead or gateway of some type because I didn't get one. But I'm losing time trying to figure out how to order it.

Edit: Actually, I'm remembering now that the email that made me set up signing cubbies in the fixture room mentioned a report (I forget the name) I could view on workbench that is supposed to list all signing I'm expected to receive. I'm not sure if that's new or not, but I was never told about it so if it has been there all along I'm going to feel silly/be a little angry that I didn't find out about it sooner. Because it sounds like it's exactly what I need for a situation like this.

I don't think the report is new, but I have never searched for it or used it. And knowing Spot, it probably just lists all the kit numbers you should be getting so really still wouldn't be useful, lol.

Are your Plano teams pulling and back stocking too ? We are told to start and i’m concerned we will fall behind.

We are. But we have been for awhile. We get some support from whatever dept we are in; so this week the person who works in Chem pulled part of my pull for Aircare which saved me a bunch of time. We are a bit behind on salesplans right now but pogs and revisions are up to date.

Check the VM in girls 7/7 moonbeam. Shows what it looks like. The last few pages shows all the signing with part #. On the downside, ordering individual signs and hardware can be a bitch. One part might come in 2 weeks, other in 3-4 weeks.

I prefer to mysupport first and get the full kit # if possible.

I don't think the report is new, but I have never searched for it or used it. And knowing Spot, it probably just lists all the kit numbers you should be getting so really still wouldn't be useful, lol.

Haha I thought the exact same thing. I bet it is just a list of kit numbers.

Check the VM in girls 7/7 moonbeam. Shows what it looks like. The last few pages shows all the signing with part #. On the downside, ordering individual signs and hardware can be a bitch. One part might come in 2 weeks, other in 3-4 weeks.

I prefer to mysupport first and get the full kit # if possible.

Can you order by kit #? I tried searching for it before on SAP and got nada.

Tar-get-sten·tial·ism
/target’sten(t)SHəˌlizəm/
noun

a philosophical theory and approach of removing a job and/or position from an individual who is specialized in that field with the expectation that they continue to do that non existent job. Titles, time and free will are removed from reliable, capable individuals so they may be micromanaged by no less than five clueless higher powers, to be their grunt/bitch. The question is left, if one’s title, dignity, hours and soul are removed, do they really exist?

Last edited:
Doing a couple all-nighters to set up back to school early and haven't even received the backerpaper yet. I guess they are going to have to give out even more hours to build the shippers when they come in because the 'seasonal' team most likely isnt.

Doing a couple all-nighters to set up back to school early and haven't even received the backerpaper yet. I guess they are going to have to give out even more hours to build the shippers when they come in because the 'seasonal' team most likely isnt.

Most if not all the backer are household grey circles. Hopefully you have extras or have them underneath the summer backer.

What is pre-tie? Exactly
If you do it will everything automatically tie to that location the day it's supposed to set so all you have to do is print labels and make the merch update n moves?

Is just for big sets?
What happens if you tie something instead of pretie the week before it sets?

Back