MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Well, I finally 100% finished the Christmas set. (Except overheads on Monday)

Question 1. What 7x11 did you put on the Merrily table? Since they sent a in tree sign for the actual tree, I assumed I should make a combo $2 & $15 sign. None of the $15 items had a description available, so I just put a $2 sign there. ??

2. How did you pin down the 5 large tubes on the side of the wrapping focal end? Mine are pinned together and the back ones are tree'd to the pegboard, but I just don't think it will be able to hold the weight of that much paper.

The tree flat as a whole is "Amazing!" Not crazy about the deck the HALLS, but as a whole, I love "my" creation. LOL!!!!

Got told I wasn't working fast enough, well not in so many words but that was the drift.
The fact that I've been building in the dark all week is apparently not important.
Pissed off does not even come close to covering how I feel about the situation at this point.

Got told I wasn't working fast enough, well not in so many words but that was the drift.
The fact that I've been building in the dark all week is apparently not important.
Pissed off does not even come close to covering how I feel about the situation at this point.

Put a child-like look on your face and ask "Can you show me how to do it faster? Here is the instructions, show me where I'm going wrong..."

Works every time.

Put a child-like look on your face and ask "Can you show me how to do it faster? Here is the instructions, show me where I'm going wrong..."

Works every time.

That's my normal go-to.
This time I was so angry, if I had said anything it would have gotten me fired so I just put my head down and kept working.
The ETLbro I would have gotten into it with just isn't worth it.

Works every time.

That's my normal go-to.
This time I was so angry, if I had said anything it would have gotten me fired so I just put my head down and kept working.
The ETLbro I would have gotten into it with just isn't worth it.

I completely understand your frustration with ignorant clip board carriers...
Commie's store has no power. Stay focus, commie!

Poor Commie. Some of those instructions are hard enough to decipher & execute in the best of conditions, let alone in the dark.

Hows things at home?

Words cannot express my hatred for the Premium Wrap tubes.
I so second that. I was hoping they would have come up with something different this year. NOT. did any of you experience really bad folding creases on the softlines Christmas trees? their quality control is getting really bad. the first one I put together, all of the plastic trays were broke in one form or another, but I did have an extra broken one to use too.

last wed, I told the etl's I was behind, due to being pulled for PA 2-4 times a week for pretty much my full shift. Last week, never even got to break down my Monday pallet till Thursday. So I was asked why isn't everything built yet. I said with my helper, since I share my signing hours due to doing ad prep also, we should be able to get it done today. NOT. I was pulled for 2 hours for PA. I walked up to STL at the end of my shift, and said " so you are going to work out a plan for the rest of this stuff to be built" how much more do you need. I said at least a full 8 hour day, well how much of your 8 hours for ad prep do you need for ad prep? HMMMMMMM?????? I had already given a full 8 hours of my ad prep time to signing to build, and you want more. ended up coming in early Friday and worked a few hours on sat. but again, plano kept pulling me, I cannot find this, I need help with this, can you get this for me, I am not wave or crown trained......... that's me jack of all trades master of none!

I'm very lucky it seems. I've been given the full 96 hours this week and should be done with the 2 day bins ( that arrived today) and even have time to clean the fixture room.

I'll have to make sure I thank my ptl for fighting for me.

I so second that. I was hoping they would have come up with something different this year. NOT. did any of you experience really bad folding creases on the softlines Christmas trees? their quality control is getting really bad. the first one I put together, all of the plastic trays were broke in one form or another, but I did have an extra broken one to use too.

I found that if I put the center squares on upside down, then it didn't fold up right. Flip it over and they folded up nice. Deeper fold grooves should be facing up.

I'm very lucky it seems. I've been given the full 96 hours this week and should be done with the 2 day bins ( that arrived today) and even have time to clean the fixture room.

I'll have to make sure I thank my ptl for fighting for me.

Lucky you. I only got 35 hours this week. Still have mini to do plus all the misc. other signs to put up. Also have RTW from last week and mens for this week to do still. I'll be lucky to start 2 day bins this week. Since I don't have any signing hours next week and the black friday week's schedule isn't out yet, I don't know if the bins will even be built on time.

Whoever decided to send the cheapest and shortest zip ties for the Red Card checklane poles sucks. Mine didn't even fit all the way around the pole, luckily I still have some zip ties from the furniture set a while ago.

Lucky you. I only got 35 hours this week. Still have mini to do plus all the misc. other signs to put up. Also have RTW from last week and mens for this week to do still. I'll be lucky to start 2 day bins this week. Since I don't have any signing hours next week and the black friday week's schedule isn't out yet, I don't know if the bins will even be built on time.

Whoever decided to send the cheapest and shortest zip ties for the Red Card checklane poles sucks. Mine didn't even fit all the way around the pole, luckily I still have some zip ties from the furniture set a while ago.

Oh! I saw that box and set it aside. I'll have to get on that tomorrow.

Oh! I saw that box and set it aside. I'll have to get on that tomorrow.

Let me know how it goes. I saw that this morning and I was like - great - after I already spent time at the checklanes doing the price match stuff - would be nice to have had all that pole stuff at once!

not sure if i will make it this week. I have everything for this week - in this week. plus RTW which is setting a week behind. the ease of the overheads is encouraging, but my stack of bins to build is daunting. I don't think i will start on any 2day/BF/BTS stuff this week. does our signing update cover the details of this whole beat the rush program? i noticed the three dates for BF and realized the early one was 'beat the rush'.

those softlines christmas trees can seriously suck it. same thing with those quad tree topper shippers. the quads we have are newer than the ones in the picture, so you have to be 6 feet tall to see whats in the bins, lol. good going corporate! anyway, i have a question for you all... when the new see spot save signing was put up did yall throw away the old stuff? i didnt see any clear direction on it, and our etl said to throw it away. it looked like crap anyway, havent had a refresh kit in years!

those softlines christmas trees can seriously suck it. same thing with those quad tree topper shippers. the quads we have are newer than the ones in the picture, so you have to be 6 feet tall to see whats in the bins, lol. good going corporate! anyway, i have a question for you all... when the new see spot save signing was put up did yall throw away the old stuff? i didnt see any clear direction on it, and our etl said to throw it away. it looked like crap anyway, havent had a refresh kit in years!

I threw my One Spot away since it was all sun bleached. Figured now was the time to reorder & replace them if we do suddenly get direction that we were supposed to save.

Put aside 8-10 hours to build (&break down cardboard) the 2 day bins. We are a AA volume, so we may have more bins than a ulv.

After five weeks of telling my ETLs "I can't do all this work myself on 30 hours a week," I had a chat with my STL today. Guess what? Turns out I can't do all this work myself on 30 hours a week.

Man, somebody should have said something...

After five weeks of telling my ETLs "I can't do all this work myself on 30 hours a week," I had a chat with my STL today. Guess what? Turns out I can't do all this work myself on 30 hours a week.

Man, somebody should have said something...

I don't think the current workload can be done with 40 hours.
Sorry it took so long for them to get their craniums out of their tucchus.

I did the SSS today. I couldn't find anywhere whether to keep or toss the old signing? I actually just replaced a bunch of the bleached ones so, for now, I held onto mine. As for the workload.....man.....i thought I would bust out some super-signing abilities somewhere and just knock this stuff out but its a lot of stuff. I'm going to get some spillage into next week. I actually just checked all the hours - adjacency calendar has 96hrs.....then I checked the signing monthly.......an additional 46hrs on top of that? nice.

Finally. 100% done with every single box.

Fixture room is clean, Garden alcove is clean. I'm feeling pretty good right now...

Think I will try and prefill some of the bins in the next couple days...............

has anyone looked over the times for the black friday set? my store is still trying to give me the run-around on scheduling (one is trying to backload my schedule instead of front load....hello...if you put my hours AFTER black friday i can't go back in time to finish building bins). not including building anything, just everything that gets set after store close on wednesday and before open on BF/later thanksgiving. i need to figure out how much time and when i need to be in to build this stuff. they're telling me they're not doing it like they did in the previous years but won't elaborate on what is different. sorry. if i don't have to work overnight wednesday i'd rather not. not to mention if my holiday is already ruined by target i should at least get paid time and a half for it. so over this secrecy around black friday. its so stupid.

anyway, i know its in the November monthly, and i will check next time i'm in, but just wondering if anyone else has already figured it out.

I can't begin to say how disappointed I am in the total lack of leadership and management at my store. I am there to do the work. I do not write my schedule. If you cannot schedule the hours correctly, that is your problem. I just go to work, clock in, and start doing some work. If my PTL or STL wants me to do something specific, they can come tell me. But I do not schedule anything in advance anymore. Oh, you needed a shipper built yesterday. Well, why didn't you tell me? Oh, the new pole huggers needed to be up three days ago? Well, they are sitting in the backroom, so someone should take care of that cause I am scheduled out in 5 minutes. Have a great afternoon. Oh, do it first thing tomorrow? Okay, but you realize all the overheads still aren't done cause you had me pushing reshop for an hour today. Oh well, I guess you won't care until your boss comes in for reindeer run. Then miraculously, it's my fault.

Sorry for the rant, but we still have revisions and planograms from two weeks ago that are not completed. Oh. they are tied in though. Just not done. Might as well never do them now. I can't wait for my STL to ask me for my plan for black friday. My plan? As if I have time to sit down and plan. My plan? Stand there and do nothing until you tell me what to do. Maybe then you will understand that management isn't just getting a bigger paycheck, but actually doing something. Like ... uh ... managing the workload instead of ignoring the emails I sent two weeks ago saying how many hours of signing there was.

Just exactly who was the bright boy (or girl) that decided to schedule a full electronics revision in the middle of the frelling holiday set?
I'd really like to have a few unpleasant words with him/her.

Last edited:
Back