MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

They are basically turning the VM position into signing as well now. They are becoming responsible for more of the non-pog ISM. My VM relies on me for a lot of assistance, but he's going to need to figure this out for himself as I am very busy with presentation stuff now.

Anybody's vm actually doing the non-pog signing? Overheads or CSEs. I had my signing/entertainment guy do it.

Anybody's vm actually doing the non-pog signing? Overheads or CSEs. I had my signing/entertainment guy do it.

Mine is doing it! We agreed I would "assist" him for awhile until he's done the CSEs a few times but all I do is hand him the panels to put up- he hangs it himself. Hanging the new swim CSE last week was definitely a two-person job though since our "temporary" OPU space is now permanent and he has to navigate around it. He's trying, he doesn't like it but he's doing it.

lmao

the hardlines VM calls out nearly every other day.

and is too short and won't make an effort to do her CSE.

I've been doing all the CSE and OHs as VM. Its fine. The only thing is when they come in and critique like, one pair of pants that aren't hung properly.... or a hurdle that isn't 100% sized... in January, when everyone is scheduled 5 hrs. Like, I would love to follow up with tms, or help them out.... but when no one's here, or I'm up on the wave...??? How does that work?

And they want CB1 filled, and Home decor perfect, and whatever else.

I basically just say. Yup, working on it. Or yup, we have a plan for that. Cause what can I really do? Lol.

Sooooo I'm back for a bit.. I've been tasked to clean our fixture room. I already told my SD we're not following the 8 foot rule. We're going through toys, infant, beauty + cosmetic reset. There's no way I'm palletizing that.

lmao if they make me stick to the 8 foot rule i'm gonna LOSE it. i read on the addendum that they have to take pics as "proof", though, so i'm afraid they'll push me on it.

lmao if they make me stick to the 8 foot rule i'm gonna LOSE it. i read on the addendum that they have to take pics as "proof", though, so i'm afraid they'll push me on it.

I can fake it right now, get the pic taken, then do what actually makes sense for me after. Told my VM I'm the one who has to use those shelves above 8ft anyway and I am Wave trained so its really not a big deal for me put them up or get them down. And we absolutely DO NOT have space to store multiple pallets of shelves.

I can fake it right now, get the pic taken, then do what actually makes sense for me after. Told my VM I'm the one who has to use those shelves above 8ft anyway and I am Wave trained so its really not a big deal for me put them up or get them down. And we absolutely DO NOT have space to store multiple pallets of shelves.

we don't, either. hopefully my tl and etl have my back on this.

How are you guys storing your side caps? Right now they're on a shelf with a black crossbar to stop them from falling. It's been working but it takes up so much space

My SD and etl came to an agreement of 10ft. We were able to save two pallets of shelving this way and you can barley tell the difference. My last issue is the style crossbars. If I can remove these from the shelving wall, that'll solve all my issues

If you come up with a solution to this, let me know!

If you come up with a solution to this, let me know!
If we’re thinking of the same thing my old store did one flat cross bar all the way across the bottom in each section so like 4-5 bars and each section put 2 of those softlines outpost things and hang all the style bars on those. You can fit 15-20 per bar and they don’t take up a ton of room. Also if you have some blank wall that doesn’t have and spines or anything for shelves you can just I’ve your PML screw in some long hooks or something to hang them. How do you store them? Do you have them all in the shelf spines?

If we’re thinking of the same thing my old store did one flat cross bar all the way across the bottom in each section so like 4-5 bars and each section put 2 of those softlines outpost things and hang all the style bars on those. You can fit 15-20 per bar and they don’t take up a ton of room. Also if you have some blank wall that doesn’t have and spines or anything for shelves you can just I’ve your PML screw in some long hooks or something to hang them. How do you store them? Do you have them all in the shelf spines?

Ours are stored underneath the softlines shelves in the fixture room. Not really in my way since it's in their area but none of the softlines TMs can use the Wave so they can't stow their own, always leave it for the VM or TL.

Pretty much how you said but it takes up an entire wall. I use the cross bar with holes and has the u shaped bar kinda like the scales and clocks fixtures and they hang off that.

If you guys have any pictures of how you're organizing softlines fixtures I'd love to have a visual reference. I've only been at my current store for a few months and inherited a HUGE mess. We all share a fixture room, don't have a separate one for style and the dangerous and pokey area I'll have to organize is at the very end of the fixture room way past many booby traps. I've seen pics of some stores storing extra waterfalls all on a 4ft faceout bar that's set into the spines for storing shelves and I like that.

@StyleMaven check some of the pictures back about 20 pages in this thread .
There's pictures and suggestions right about here

Is there a proper list of the ism we're tossing or even what the new ism is? I'm not tossing literally everything until I have something to replace it with

Working on streamlining the small appliance displays, and want to create a spreadsheet for each pog. Was hoping to be able to print the line listing like when you pull a pog up on the zebra (with the products AND displays), but it appears that it is no longer functional on Online Planogram. Is there another way to do this?

Working on streamlining the small appliance displays, and want to create a spreadsheet for each pog. Was hoping to be able to print the line listing like when you pull a pog up on the zebra (with the products AND displays), but it appears that it is no longer functional on Online Planogram. Is there another way to do this?

Your best bet would be to print all the labels and get the DPCIs off the display labels.

Back