MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I wonder how we are going to put up the Puft Marshmellow airblown display. Like how are the power pole suppose to attach with no tables or gondola to attach to. And how to attach the airblown display itself.
Probably going to drop it to the ground behind the cardboard stand or drill it to the stand.

Uh....that first pic looks...awful. All those dividers so close you can't see the product and the items laying flat, just no. But the rest of it looks nice!

Yeah the signage is great.

I don't know why they didn't do the pushers. Those always make it easier to keep clean.

Are you guys separating the pumpkin patch (2 section) island like in the map or is it suppose to be connected? And how are you getting BTS stuff out of seasonal cause we still have a decent amount. I'm assuming the hold over is stuff that will carry over to next year or is most of BTS going PLU/ticketed?

Are you guys separating the pumpkin patch (2 section) island like in the map or is it suppose to be connected? And how are you getting BTS stuff out of seasonal cause we still have a decent amount. I'm assuming the hold over is stuff that will carry over to next year or is most of BTS going PLU/ticketed?
The non carry forward markdown got pushed for an other week. Check workbench they sent a direction to put it in sporting good .

Your PML will have the answer to the adjacency changes. It was communicated in their FP. My store is connecting them. I am the PML too and that's how I found out

Do not underestimate the work for the Packaged Chocolate pog.. omg that pog was the death of me today.. it is so much product moving around and candy is the one thing we aren’t short of.

You had me confused for a second; I thought you meant in Mini but then realized you meant in the regular candy aisle. Yeah, that one was a bitch to set when I did it last week. I needed about 4 tiered carts to hold all the items either moving, going to backstock, outdated, etc.

You had me confused for a second; I thought you meant in Mini but then realized you meant in the regular candy aisle. Yeah, that one was a bitch to set when I did it last week. I needed about 4 tiered carts to hold all the items either moving, going to backstock, outdated, etc.
Yeah I had about that much too.. M&Ms went from one section to two. Reese’s and kisses moved further inline and looks like Reese’s got a lot more facings. And my Food and Beverage team/ Gen merch loves to overstock that aisle.

to make things worse it was set incorrectly in the first place from someone else and was something we were ignoring fixing for the longest time just because it would be a bear to fix. Basically instead of putting that bottom shelf sloped on the basedeck (set at 4) with a fence it was just piled on the basedeck and overstocked like crazy. It was weird too because the basedeck was “shelf 2” before and it drove me crazy.

Yeah I had about that much too.. M&Ms went from one section to two. Reese’s and kisses moved further inline and looks like Reese’s got a lot more facings. And my Food and Beverage team/ Gen merch loves to overstock that aisle.

to make things worse it was set incorrectly in the first place from someone else and was something we were ignoring fixing for the longest time just because it would be a bear to fix. Basically instead of putting that bottom shelf sloped on the basedeck (set at 4) with a fence it was just piled on the basedeck and overstocked like crazy. It was weird too because the basedeck was “shelf 2” before and it drove me crazy.

😆 This was exactly me last week! Everything you listed were my problems too, including the set wrong part. I fixed some of it but was getting so frustrated I just needed the damn thing to be finished.

😆 This was exactly me last week! Everything you listed were my problems too, including the set wrong part. I fixed some of it but was getting so frustrated I just needed the damn thing to be finished.
In Mini Seasonal how did you set your towers? How many did you need and where do you figure out what goes on it? Do you just flex certain stuff on there?

Because I have a back wall with the 15.99 TOT-W/ Tower so I’m assuming that is supposed to include a tower? Does the same stuff on that pog go on the tower or is there some VMG I should be following for that. Because I don’t have separate pogs for the towers..

40A7555D-9F62-4F76-9C31-A6827DE2EF96.jpeg

In Mini Seasonal how did you set your towers? How many did you need and where do you figure out what goes on it? Do you just flex certain stuff on there?

Because I have a back wall with the 15.99 TOT-W/ Tower so I’m assuming that is supposed to include a tower? Does the same stuff on that pog go on the tower or is there some VMG I should be following for that. Because I don’t have separate pogs for the towers..

View attachment 12856

You don't need towers. When you see pogs listed with "W/Tower" or "Tower IL" it just means the items that would have gone on a tower in another store are included in that pog for your store. My store isn't one that ever sets towers or a table in Mini so ours are always listed that way instead.

I have basically the same set up as you, except my wall is a little bit longer and my outer aisles for Mini are both 9 sections.

View attachment 12856
I’m jealous you have less aisles than me

You don't need towers. When you see pogs listed with "W/Tower" or "Tower IL" it just means the items that would have gone on a tower in another store are included in that pog for your store. My store isn't one that ever sets towers or a table in Mini so ours are always listed that way instead.

I have basically the same set up as you, except my wall is a little bit longer and my outer aisles for Mini are both 9 sections.
Thank you so much! That makes much more sense.. we have had to use them in the past so I was confused when I had them ready but no way to set them. In the past though there was always a specific pog for the tower.

I’m just waiting on signing then. The only pog ISM I think I had was the backer paper for my front endcaps. Looks like no headers/navigation or anything for inline like BTS got either. So I’m just waiting on Overhead ISM/CSE which doesn’t arrive early I guess like the communication stated.

I started most of Mini last week so it was just finishing the endcaps this week. Since I got ahead on Mini a little bit I’ve started work on Halloween but that is next week for us. I have only been tackling the demerch and gondola building for Halloween this week since I have a lot of other workload throughout the store. Our BTS sold down to almost nothing so demerch is actually really easy this year which is why the ETLs have been pushing to set early but it just isn’t possible besides the gondola builds because it’s just 2-3 of us doing all the non-specialty sales pogs.

Presentation realistically only get hours for Transitions. GM is technically supposed to own setting sales planners and revisions. However that just doesn’t organically happen at my store. The presentation team has always done it and basically the only people in the store with the knowledge on setting pogs. So the GM ETL just cuts hours out of GM and gives them back to the Presentation team to complete that. Some of our knowledgeable Plano people have left recently so we only have like 5 TMs in the whole building that know what they are doing and only 2-3 TMs that really only get used at any given time.

Our presentation team is actually used for Food and Beverage sales planners and cosmetics as well. We are just scheduled under Consumables for example but shift tagged with “pog” 😂.

Only areas actually owning their own pogs at my store is Style and Entertainment/Tech.

Thank you so much! That makes much more sense.. we have had to use them in the past so I was confused when I had them ready but no way to set them. In the past though there was always a specific pog for the tower.

I’m just waiting on signing then. The only pog ISM I think I had was the backer paper for my front endcaps. Looks like no headers/navigation or anything for inline like BTS got either. So I’m just waiting on Overhead ISM/CSE which doesn’t arrive early I guess like the communication stated.

I started most of Mini last week so it was just finishing the endcaps this week. Since I got ahead on Mini a little bit I’ve started work on Halloween but that is next week for us. I have only been tackling the demerch and gondola building for Halloween this week since I have a lot of other workload throughout the store. Our BTS sold down to almost nothing so demerch is actually really easy this year which is why the ETLs have been pushing to set early but it just isn’t possible besides the gondola builds because it’s just 2-3 of us doing all the non-specialty sales pogs.

Presentation realistically only get hours for Transitions. GM is technically supposed to own setting sales planners and revisions. However that just doesn’t organically happen at my store. The presentation team has always done it and basically the only people in the store with the knowledge on setting pogs. So the GM ETL just cuts hours out of GM and gives them back to the Presentation team to complete that. Some of our knowledgeable Plano people have left recently so we only have like 5 TMs in the whole building that know what they are doing and only 2-3 TMs that really only get used at any given time.

Our presentation team is actually used for Food and Beverage sales planners and cosmetics as well. We are just scheduled under Consumables for example but shift tagged with “pog” 😂.

Only areas actually owning their own pogs at my store is Style and Entertainment/Tech.

If I didn't know any better, I would think you were at my store, lol. It all sounds so familiar!

We did get our overhead and CSE ISM for Mini. Nothing overly elaborate again so maybe the boxes just got missed? Not having backer up on all the sections makes Halloween feel..... underwhelming. Especially because the overhead is so minimal.

Back