MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I print the display labels for each pog during the set and place those on the display shelves where each display should go using the adhesive single label holders. I also try to place the pick label from each display box on the bottom of the display since not all of them have barcodes on them. Doing these two things makes it very easy to find where displays go and what they are.

We haven't started kitchen yet so I'm not sure if displays are having the same issue of not scanning as ISM is (really hope they are working on fixing that!).

If a display has no identifiable info, I try to determine if a sellable item is still on the shelf, then I look for any missing displays in that pog. Sometimes you can determine if a display is correct by matching the style number of the sellable item on the shelf to the display tag (upper right of the label). Most display labels have the sellable DPCI listed as item description though so that is what I usually use; if that's not there then I use the style number.

Assuming displays are still scannable, anything that doesn't scan to a pog can be tossed.

Finished kitchen. Displays are scanning fine and they actually did a better job this time by adding the DPCI in the description for most if not all the displays making easier to match displays with actual item. They fixed issue where there were too many displays squished in so they added more shelves and it seems there are less new displays this year and mostly carried forward.

The set up is so different this year with tables, not sure how I feel about it.

I'm not sure how I feel about it either. But I like that it is less tables! Those suckers are bitch to take out of the storage space!

I haven't looked yet to see if the tables will have ISM covering them up completely or if they will be dressed up in a way that allows trees to be stocked underneath. I thought my TL said trees are supposed to be backroom items this year...

We received a bunch of the galvinized tree skirts this week. I guess better early than super late?

I'm not sure how I feel about it either. But I like that it is less tables! Those suckers are bitch to take out of the storage space!

I haven't looked yet to see if the tables will have ISM covering them up completely or if they will be dressed up in a way that allows trees to be stocked underneath. I thought my TL said trees are supposed to be backroom items this year...

We received a bunch of the galvinized tree skirts this week. I guess better early than super late?
As much as the tables might be a pain it was safer than have the trees at a reach of a toddler

The tables are going to sit flat on the floor and the trees are stocked on gondolas behind each table. Tree skus we’re reduced from over 40 to only 18 this year in store

The tables are going to sit flat on the floor and the trees are stocked on gondolas behind each table. Tree skus we’re reduced from over 40 to only 18 this year in store

Ah, that makes more sense! So does this mean no decorated trees this year? I don't see any pogs on the map that would have those....

Edited to add: just realized you said the tables lay flat on the floor. I don't like this idea; at some point it is a tripping hazard (and, yes, I know that's when they should be taken off the floor but....we all know sometimes the best intentions get waylayed by more pressing concerns). Why can't they just have all the tables use the 24" legs? I feel like someone is going to trip on one of these, injure their foot or worse and then corporate will send out a communication telling us to all immediately add legs to the tables for safety.

Last edited:
Ah, that makes more sense! So does this mean no decorated trees this year? I don't see any pogs on the map that would have those....
Wouldn't surprise me if they started putting that in like, the home decor flat.

I feel like it'll be a pain in the ass to get them off the ground.

Amazing, though. I've seen 9 years of roughly the same way of doing trees on tables and they're finally doing something different.

I see fucking Sugar Paper doesn't have a focal. Good god almighty did I hate Sugar Paper.

What the fuck is a tree collar?

Wouldn't surprise me if they started putting that in like, the home decor flat.

I feel like it'll be a pain in the ass to get them off the ground.

Amazing, though. I've seen 9 years of roughly the same way of doing trees on tables and they're finally doing something different.

I see fucking Sugar Paper doesn't have a focal. Good god almighty did I hate Sugar Paper.

What the fuck is a tree collar?

We haven't had Sugar Paper focal for the last like 2 years? It's now inline with some basic shippers. But yeah, those focal were a bitch to build.

Anyone else stressed out with the constant back n forth transitions and working with new tm's as a presentation expert? Feels like a TL position with TM pay.

Anyone else stressed out with the constant back n forth transitions and working with new tm's as a presentation expert? Feels like a TL position with TM pay.

I've done it so long I don't get stressed anymore......not sure if that's good or bad. 🤔 I always just remind myself I am NOT the TL so ultimately it falls to them to ensure our success. And I also find it helpful to repeat as many times as needed: not my monkeys, not my circus.

Alternately, training someone new gives you the opportunity to train them right so with any luck if they stick around long enough, they can become a trusted TM like yourself which would then take some of the pressure off of you.

Transition burnout can be trying, especially when I have to re-fixture an aisle because it was torn up even though the new pog was basically the same as the old pog but it had to be flexed for "reasons." I am loving how they have Bullseye's Playground transition now, with a handful pogs every week until it's done instead of resetting the entirety in one go. Much easier to manage now. If they could only start to follow this sequencing for other areas!

I have an advantage of having 2 other TMs with me who usually tackle most of the training so I can keep focused on our workload management. I am much better at training on the fly when particular, pog-specific things come up. If I had to train someone with me all day, the slowing of my speed to accommodate that would drive me nuts!

I've done it so long I don't get stressed anymore......not sure if that's good or bad. 🤔 I always just remind myself I am NOT the TL so ultimately it falls to them to ensure our success. And I also find it helpful to repeat as many times as needed: not my monkeys, not my circus.

Alternately, training someone new gives you the opportunity to train them right so with any luck if they stick around long enough, they can become a trusted TM like yourself which would then take some of the pressure off of you.

Transition burnout can be trying, especially when I have to re-fixture an aisle because it was torn up even though the new pog was basically the same as the old pog but it had to be flexed for "reasons." I am loving how they have Bullseye's Playground transition now, with a handful pogs every week until it's done instead of resetting the entirety in one go. Much easier to manage now. If they could only start to follow this sequencing for other areas!

I have an advantage of having 2 other TMs with me who usually tackle most of the training so I can keep focused on our workload management. I am much better at training on the fly when particular, pog-specific things come up. If I had to train someone with me all day, the slowing of my speed to accommodate that would drive me nuts!

I do love how easier BPG is to set although it makes zoning the area difficult or sometimes impossible unless everything is done same day or zoned extremely well (which I don't see happening), but we make it work by flexing half the stuff.

Who’s ready for Christmas??? Already got the style family bins
77a25b1c5cbb7e03.gif

Last edited:
DTL: You can't set Christmas until after Halloween.

ETL to Seasonal DBO: So, yeah, ummm, I'm going to need you set all of Christmas by youself. It needs to be done by November 7th and make sure you keep up with frieght while you're at it.

/Target in a nutshell
November 7th? That's like 5 days too late

DTL: You can't set Christmas until after Halloween.

ETL to Seasonal DBO: So, yeah, ummm, I'm going to need you set all of Christmas by youself. It needs to be done by November 7th and make sure you keep up with frieght while you're at it.

/Target in a nutshell
November 7th it’s for mini. You can set and not tie and then put 7x11 signs look for something new. As long as you keep it nice and clean Dtl won’t say much.

Back