MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Why can't signing have simple labeling. Dom hba ele spots seasonal vmg food plastic house. The bar codes are useless. It's hard to tell where some of it goes. I wonder if the team has trouble their self trying to find their signing in Gm 2. That's were the biggest issue is.

Why can't signing have simple labeling. Dom hba ele spots seasonal vmg food plastic house. The bar codes are useless. It's hard to tell where some of it goes. I wonder if the team has trouble their self trying to find their signing in Gm 2. That's were the biggest issue is.

For myself I don't have any issues. But I am old school so I can interpret their abbreviations really well by now from repetition.

Whenever I sort thru signing I unbox all of the salesplan ISM and place on corresponding shelves for that area. It takes up less space that way and you just have to match up the ISM DPCI that way. Easier than trying to figure out what the box means for people who don't know.

I had my team set them all .
Not sure what your team “set” as flex pogs aren’t actually pogs you can set. They’re generic ties to force replenishment from the backroom in order to pull out NOP and disco items. The idea is to flex them into like items and store tie what you want. The schematics are no different than when they drop a label pog or the generic produce table pogs. They’re not meant to set just someone to drive replenishment.

Not sure what your team “set” as flex pogs aren’t actually pogs you can set. They’re generic ties to force replenishment from the backroom in order to pull out NOP and disco items. The idea is to flex them into like items and store tie what you want. The schematics are no different than when they drop a label pog or the generic produce table pogs. They’re not meant to set just someone to drive replenishment.

We actually have one in next week's domestics workload that the adjacency has on it's own endcap. It contains random fall stuff from all over the store. Of course, the DBO isn't going to set it so now I have to find something to do with all my fall stuff that no longer has a home and is being replaced by Thanksgiving and Christmas. *sigh*

CLEARANCE SHIT OUT, CORPORATE!!!!!1

We actually have one in next week's domestics workload that the adjacency has on it's own endcap. It contains random fall stuff from all over the store. Of course, the DBO isn't going to set it so now I have to find something to do with all my fall stuff that no longer has a home and is being replaced by Thanksgiving and Christmas. *sigh*

CLEARANCE SHIT OUT, CORPORATE!!!!!1

I think they're strategy is if they don't clearance it out we can keep the shelves looking full when/if there are shipping delays for products in their areas.

Example from my store: the Casaluna run switched out to a bunch of new items last week except we don't have any of the new items in yet. We do have a shit ton of the old stuff though which was placed on a flex pog. So we set the shelves and label strips and left the old stuff in to maintain a good presentation until we get the new stuff.

Correct if your dsd is like mine where no nop or d-code can be in the back you would have to figure it out . So I had one of my plank tm set it with all the freight by making it a pretty.so I gave no decode , nop or ncf in the back

I think they're strategy is if they don't clearance it out we can keep the shelves looking full when/if there are shipping delays for products in their areas.

Example from my store: the Casaluna run switched out to a bunch of new items last week except we don't have any of the new items in yet. We do have a shit ton of the old stuff though which was placed on a flex pog. So we set the shelves and label strips and left the old stuff in to maintain a good presentation until we get the new stuff.

Yeah. That's the strategy. However, it creates other problems on my days off. If someone else does my frieght and they see that a location is full with something else, do they adjust things so the product that is supposed to go in the section will actually fit there? LMAO! Of course not. They just backstock what is supposed to go in the area that is flexed. That shit then sits in the back until I happen to notice it and say, "What the fuck is this?" It's a substanial issue in my area, especially since I have a very tiny and very full backroom.

Yeah. That's the strategy. However, it creates other problems on my days off. If someone else does my frieght and they see that a location is full with something else, do they adjust things so the product that is supposed to go in the section will actually fit there? LMAO! Of course not. They just backstock what is supposed to go in the area that is flexed. That shit then sits in the back until I happen to notice it and say, "What the fuck is this?" It's a substanial issue in my area, especially since I have a very tiny and very full backroom.

Oh, I hear ya, believe me! Since I am in Plano and work everywhere in the store I can tell you for certain, this is a problem all over. There hasn't been a day in months where I haven't said WTF at least a dozen times before lunch and had to fix someone else's laziness. It's fucking draining to do this endlessly all the time with no improvements or accountability.

As someone who owns the smaller version we've been selling for a few years, I can say this is going to be super annoying. You can kind of pick up on it in the video, but the sound of the train moving is quite loud and almost drowns out the music, a bit irritating. We only let the kids let it run for a few minutes on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, otherwise it is off limits for our sanity.

I can imagine it being similar to climbing Santa where you either have to fix it everyday or it eventually stops working after a month.
Honestly, I feel like it's worse. The cars just kind of vaguely link up, so when a guest touches it they come apart, plus it's battery operated so once those die it was going to be done for anyway.

Anyone had a chance to look at Mini yet? The few POGS I looked at didn't get backer but we got a box in for mini. Does just some of it take backer?

It does go on every aisle and ec but it doesn't all come on the same pallet so you may be short

Sugar Paper and LTO has its own backer.

Anyone had a chance to look at Mini yet? The few POGS I looked at didn't get backer but we got a box in for mini. Does just some of it take backer?

Maybe just the endcaps? I look inside the mini backer box and their was not a lot. Maybe for 2 aisles.

I remember the VM at my store who was basically "I'm not doing signing :mad:"

GRANTED, it was physically impossible for her to do the overheads in hardlines. My store had 17ft ceilings that I had trouble reaching from the top of the wave, and I'm 6ft tall. She was shorter than me.

But like she refused to do any other signing for the home flat.

I was just wondering who did the signing because I don't think ours knew racetrack signing was herso_O:D That is I don't think anyone ever even told her they were hers.

Has anyone seen anything about generic holiday headers for the end caps? I have seen specific ones but no generic ones. Are there ANY generic ones this yr?

Back