MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Ever since our store remodel, and I visited another store, I picked up a habit of using their cheat- when we are in a hurry, I always just quickly jump to online planogram when I'm printing labels and grabbing the fixtures i need in the AM, and print the reverse line listing - since my brain is a bit sluggish at 4am and I'd prefer not thinking. lol

That is a beautiful fixture room.
Where is the signing kept?

The headers for Godiva and Mickey were in the same box that the sides for the mini gondolas were in.

As an SFT I got the e-mail that talked about the shelves not being flipped. As a former Signing TM I also know how to keep a clean and organized Fixture Room. My DFM trusts my judgement and the store does their part.

I'm not signing, but I was walking past the fixture room the other week and could not believe how clean it was. So I took a picture! Just felt like sharing:

img1078u.jpg

The items in their wire baskets are the softlines bars.

BTW, where do you keep the softlines shelves?

Same prototype as mine, so you have another entire aisle, right? I have moved everything signing into that aisle. Where you see the signing here is where I hung the chrome bars and then hang my softlines bars & fencing.

Anybody know which box the info cards for the car seats are supposed to be in?
I haven't been able to track them down.

How heavy is that infants drum overhead? Im so burned out atm pulled in every direction with our walk coming up i just want to hit it with my pole like a piñata

How heavy is that infants drum overhead? Im so burned out atm pulled in every direction with our walk coming up i just want to hit it with my pole like a piñata

Go for it, I wouldn't want to be standing under it or have anybody close by because it will come down fast and hard but you'll have fun while it lasts.
Then again, you'll have to take the Wave up and get the broken hooks off the ceiling eventually.

*Don't!! Its VERY heavy. I highly recommend clearing the entire aisle of people, and move the furniture under it, then take it down using the WAV. I intend to do this and just unhook a couple hooks and I'm sure it will just plummet.

**Sippy Cups. How in the heck do I put up all those strips? I saw that they were all shelf strips, then looked at the wall of pegs, and said heck with it, I'll do that last.

I didn't take the time to figure it out, but was hoping one of you set this aisle already and could save me the time. :)

*Don't!! Its VERY heavy. I highly recommend clearing the entire aisle of people, and move the furniture under it, then take it down using the WAV. I intend to do this and just unhook a couple hooks and I'm sure it will just plummet.

**Sippy Cups. How in the heck do I put up all those strips? I saw that they were all shelf strips, then looked at the wall of pegs, and said heck with it, I'll do that last.

I didn't take the time to figure it out, but was hoping one of you set this aisle already and could save me the time. :)

I unhooked one, then two, and then the whole thing crashed down. Landed on top of the crib, no damage. Glad to see it go, it's a huge dust magnet.

As for the sippy cups, you should have received a box of 10 48" label holders. Early set notes said to set the label holders upside down, then attach the strip sign holder. Then put the labels in.

I'm not signing, but I was walking past the fixture room the other week and could not believe how clean it was. So I took a picture! Just felt like sharing:

img1078u.jpg

Same prototype as mine, so you have another entire aisle, right? I have moved everything signing into that aisle. Where you see the signing here is where I hung the chrome bars and then hang my softlines bars & fencing.

Yeah we have another aisle to the right, and what's kept there is all the hooks, small misc items, flip label holders, aisle signs, just random smaller things. Wacos and wacos of things.

We keep all our non-generic signing in the back aisle of receiving , where there is a pretty big area where our signing TM stores specialty signing and builds things. So it's a few steps away but not far. Soft lines shelves, label strip holders, sign shelf talker holders, and the like are all stored in that area. So we technically have 2 fixture rooms I guess.

As for not flipping the shelves, that sounds stupid. No way could we fit all our shelves without flipping them. I don't even know if our signing person knows about that email.

img1078u.jpg

Shoot. I think I would love this arrangement. Hardly any signing in the room, so no one could call it "the signing room", so I wouldn't be the one deemed responsible to clean it. LOL!!

got up on the flat to take my drum down on monday morning. i couldn't get a good angle to unhook it, so i took out my blade to just cut it up as it hangs, and two cuts in all the ceiling clips snapped! no big deal, all our strollers held the thing up. SO GLAD we didn't have to put up a new one! good riddance! althought it was easy to use it as a landmark to send people to infants, since you could see it clear across departments....

Is it impossible to access online planograms/workbench from home/is there a way to connect to the intranet? My old job I could... (it was tricky though.)

For the sippy cups you have to flip the sign holder upside down. This makes it so the sign is above the pegs. The sign holder is the skinny plastic ones you slide onto shelves to holder shelf talkers. It's kind of a pain to put up because the plastic holder is meant for shelves not pegs. There is a message about this and a picture in the early set notes.

For the sippy cups you have to flip the sign holder upside down. This makes it so the sign is above the pegs. The sign holder is the skinny plastic ones you slide onto shelves to holder shelf talkers. It's kind of a pain to put up because the plastic holder is meant for shelves not pegs. There is a message about this and a picture in the early set notes.

if its the same kind of signholder used for shelftalkers - how in the world does it even stay on?

if its the same kind of signholder used for shelftalkers - how in the world does it even stay on?

I pushed and pushed, but I couldn't get the signholder to stay on, plus doing this would make the opening for the sign at the bottom, so it would eventually just fall out. I gave up. Tomorrow, I'm going to look on TIPP for the old Toothbrush combo label/strip holders. That would be perfect if they are still available.

They sent me a Summer Highland crib sign (highland went clearance), instead of one that shows the Bryant crib. Must be because they have you display a Bryant crib with a Highlands changer/dresser.

Always something.

BTW I think I must have been the only one where my drum held. I released all the hooks and it was still dangling by 1 hook. I gave that a tug and the hateful thing finally fell to the ground....completely intact!! Made it pretty easy to roll it to the compactor!

I used some extra toothbrush peg strip signholders, it worked much better.

I guess I was one of the few lucky people that had someone to help them take it down. I couldn't imagine trying to do that on your own. Yuck.

I used some extra toothbrush peg strip signholders, it worked much better.

Of course it did! That made sense. Flipping a shelf strip holder upside down was silly.

Could you do everyone a favor and post the part number for the toothbrush signholder?

Could you do everyone a favor and post the part number for the toothbrush signholder?

can i second this request? is the old style still available on TIPP? when i saw the early set notes i actually assumed that this is what they were sending. silly me. thinking that it would make sense.....

ps

still not a stitch of infant signs in the building.

i don't even want to think how my week will be when/if they actually show up......

Back