MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Hell to the no . Do no tie anything . If anything wait for the week 4/3 the workload is light and set it then . I do not understand even with a lot going on how you guys are that far behind .
The past 4 weeks we have been given 1 presentation team member to set for 20 hours - another to set for 8 hours
Regardless of workload.

Some Other hours are used for the tm and the TL of the departments - however, neither will SET anything !
other hours are given to a tm that is taken each day to pull fulfillment OPU’s.
more hours used ‘under’ the presentation bucket are used for tm’s that put up ad on Sunday and do inbound softlines breakout

You see, the HOURS are taken from the PRESENTATION bucket but are NOT USED to perform ANY presentation WORK !
on PAPER Presentation was GIVEN 90 hours - but in reality we HAD 28 hours to SET.

We don’t even pretend to backstock, pull batches, put up ISM or do data accuracy anymore ! NOT POSSIBLE and everybody knows it.
We are SO frustrated because we know we are leaving extra work for many others but we CAN’T do it !

Last edited:
Currently NO SD.
ETL is new.
Yes, we have been instructed to tie ALL on Friday and “catch up” when we can ! Well, there have been FAR to MANY of those weeks and now we are OVER 60 hours in the hole ! I am VERY tired of “faking it” for the metric !

which is why I ask - can i, should I, refuse to tie ?
Refuse to tie and explain the why . You can not continue to fake tie as this is impacting the store on a larger scale . We are not talking about a sidecaps or salesplaners here we are talking about a transition . Speak to them in payroll , how pulling is gonna take time , stocking won’t all go out because aisles swapped , price accuracy issues , flex fill , sts issues .do not tie

You are not serving the store good by tying it in . If you want to make the metric and I’m saying only if you must , have an etl tie it Saturday night , and untie on sunday . Otherwise you will fuck up big time .

Your ETL should be fired. I would find a way to contact your district director and let him/her in on the loop. That's just unacceptable.
Agreed . No only that seems like the etl is lacking in his /her leadership of planing, strategy and execution .
I am not one to rat, But I am at the end of my rope.

I have copies of all schedules and set workload. It is VERY clear to see that they are FAR from close - IF you know the tm’s that are on the schedule !
The majority of the hours used are NOT presentation tm’s !

Thank you for confirming what I was thinking.

I am NOT going to tie tomorrow. I am off this weekend. GM ETL is on, no telling what he will decide to do.

You are not serving the store good by tying it in . If you want to make the metric and I’m saying only if you must , have an etl tie it Saturday night , and untie on sunday . Otherwise you will fuck up big time .

Careful not to do this on transitions though. Once a discontinued POG gets replaced with a new POG after the discontinue date. The old POG will be deleted almost immediately from the system, forcing you to either tie the new POG or not tie it at all.

Refuse to tie and explain the why . You can not continue to fake tie as this is impacting the store on a larger scale . We are not talking about a sidecaps or salesplaners here we are talking about a transition . Speak to them in payroll , how pulling is gonna take time , stocking won’t all go out because aisles swapped , price accuracy issues , flex fill , sts issues .do not tie
YES. Price accuracy!
Forgot to mention that the undone revisions in pets has led to a disaster for the price change team !

Also, we are expected to complete ALL revisions - with NO added hours. We are STILL chipping away at the 50 hours of toy revisions from a few weeks ago.

I am NOT kidding when I say we are a MESS and have NO support.

Currently NO HR, NO SD, clueless/immature/new ETL - And DSD hasn’t been in the store in weeks.

YES. Price accuracy!
Forgot to mention that the undone revisions in pets has led to a disaster for the price change team !

Also, we are expected to complete ALL revisions - with NO added hours. We are STILL chipping away at the 50 hours of toy revisions from a few weeks ago.

Currently NO HR, NO SD, clueless/immature/new ETL - And DSD hasn’t been in the store in weeks.
God dam toys revisions. That was a while ago . That’s just crazy.

I am not one to rat, But I am at the end of my rope.

I have copies of all schedules and set workload. It is VERY clear to see that they are FAR from close - IF you know the tm’s that are on the schedule !
The majority of the hours used are NOT presentation tm’s !

Thank you for confirming what I was thinking.

I am NOT going to tie tomorrow. I am off this weekend. GM ETL is on, no telling what he will decide to do.
Is not about ratting is about doing what’s “best for the business “ as they like to say .

Careful not to do this on transitions though. Once a discontinued POG gets replaced with a new POG after the discontinue date. The old POG will be deleted almost immediately from the system, forcing you to either tie the new POG or not tie it at all.

You can tie them to a fake location to get the green metric and not worry about untying the discontinued pog.

My TL fake ties every week, but never transitions or revisions, only salesplans, amp gifting, and temp sidecaps.

The past 4 weeks we have been given 1 presentation team member to set for 20 hours - another to set for 8 hours
Regardless of workload.

Some Other hours are used for the tm and the TL of the departments - however, neither will SET anything !
other hours are given to a tm that is taken each day to pull fulfillment OPU’s.
more hours used ‘under’ the presentation bucket are used for tm’s that put up ad on Sunday and do inbound softlines breakout

You see, the HOURS are taken from the PRESENTATION bucket but are NOT USED to perform ANY presentation WORK !
on PAPER Presentation was GIVEN 90 hours - but in reality we HAD 28 hours to SET.

We don’t even pretend to backstock, pull batches, put up ISM or do data accuracy anymore ! NOT POSSIBLE and everybody knows it.
We are SO frustrated because we know we are leaving extra work for many others but we CAN’T do it !

I don't even want to know what your backroom/receiving looks like with all those fake ties.

I’ve never thought it SAFE to go above your bosses head to tell a higher up he is not doing his job correctly.
‘But if it’s ME or HIM ? Under the bus you go buddy cause I will not take a fall for something OUT of my control ! I have ASKED for MORE hours.

You can tie them to a fake location to get the green metric and not worry about untying the discontinued pog.

My TL fake ties every week, but never transitions or revisions, only salesplans, amp gifting, and temp sidecaps.

That's true. But still I would never do that for a transition.

Ah, a TRUE PRO speaks ! Great idea.
Although, this ONE week I would like to make a point, maybe get someone to NOTICE how bad things are.

I don't even want to know what your backroom/receiving looks like with all those fake ties.
Disaster of course.
Three tiers full of pulled merch with signs that say: “cannot push/do not backstock/not set yet”.
And data accuracy is being all shot to LL - audit will enter 0 on the floor, will show 0 in the br, we will receive more and then have twice the product that we think we have/need !

Becaus transition and revisions will take over the old pogs. You can tie transition as in b10(95) and not actually set it but then you run into a whole other problems .
But any revisions and transition will automatically take over the old pogs.

I’ve never thought it SAFE to go above your bosses head to tell a higher up he is not doing his job correctly.
‘But if it’s ME or HIM ? Under the bus you go buddy cause I will not take a fall for something OUT of my control ! I have ASKED for MORE hours.
I’ve done it when I was a Tl went above my etls many times . This is about what’s best for the business and if the op has a good Sd he/she should thank the op for watching out.

seems like this is the place for a PRESENTATION question:

This week we were severely undercut on hours given for workload (had 52 to do 160 hrs work) and we used those hours to get caught up with overdue unset pogs (everywhere - toys, sporting goods, rear seasonal, personal care, even a cosmetics !)and everything OTHER than stationary due this week - all revisions, sidecaps, amplified, home etc. because we have been severely under scheduled for the past 4 weeks.

So…….NONE of stationary is set !

I DO NOT want to tie these !

WE ALL know the NIGHTMARE tied and NOT set pogs are for the salesfloor/flex ! I would rather take the hit on one week poor set on time metric than hear all the complaints from tm’s pushing/doing reshop/helping guests/filling orders when none of the locations in the dept are correct and the shelves are empty because it all went salvage and we have yet to set and push ANY of the new stuff. Also, the stationary 1:1 and OOS numbers will SKYROCKET with no one available to do any pulls all weekend.

Would any presentation peeps here tie them because they are “due”. ? Would your ETL/SD ?
How bad is it if I DO NOT tie them ? Our ‘set on time’ metric is currently 100%.
Don’t tie them. Let the etl and sd realize how stupid this is and they will have to come up with a plan to get them done.

YES. Price accuracy!

I’m glad I’m not the only one still working on those toys revisions. Only have 3 left to go 🥲 haven’t even touched the salesplanners I’m just waiting for them all to reset on 4/17

Just a note about tying without doing the sets. I have noticed that old pogs will eventually untie by themselves. I have found whole aisles without a pog tied to them before because we were so far behind in sets. So even if you aren't tying the new pogs over the old ones, just watch out for this happening. This happens randomly and even if you don't tie the new pogs. I'm not sure if it is because the old pog just discontinues out of the system or what, but it can lead to a lot of confusion.

I also ditto what everyone else is saying about not tying Stationary. That'll only lead to disaster. You need to talk to someone higher up and make sure they realize how far behind you are. Tying everything will only make it worse.

Has anyone looked a couple of the names for the new OTC set? Specifically "Asian Allergy" and I think it was cough and cold, "Multicultural Cough and Cold" We just looked at one another when we read those names.
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Has anyone looked a couple of the names for the new OTC set? Specifically "Asian Allergy" and I think it was cough and cold, "Multicultural Cough and Cold" We just looked at one another when we read those names.
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

I don't know why it would be this but- maybe a regional thing?

Or perhaps it has to do with new small business brands going in those pogs?

Our pogs are not named anything unusual. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Back