MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Anyone know the fixture number for the black bracket that holds the favorite day ism over the bakery table?

Attachments

• wtk9f2s7nfl71.jpg
    wtk9f2s7nfl71.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
Quick total update summary for strips:

- Packlists are now in the correct order of what's in the box
- Excess blank strips were corrected
- Colors were corrected for all symbols
- W&M signage sizes were corrected
- WIC symbols resized
- UPC/Model info on the top right corner are being re-added (you'll see some of them in this weeks shipment within the E&E section)

Still ongoing:

- Spacing for specialized fixtures
- Front & back not mirroring correctly
- Missing/dropped items on the reverse side (this is having the most direct impact to the above issue)
- Font sizing for compacted sections (this mostly has to do with the special fixtures causing algorithm conflicts)

Please continue to send up MySupports via the Chatbot, it is making an impact and helping bring more visualization to issues.

Any progress with the missing labels on reverse side? Hot wheel aisle was a circus. Missing labels, labels cut off, labels out of order, product not fitting properly etc. I'm starting to see a few labels missing that aren't at the end of the strips.

We did books today. No improvements. Same problem still. Actually, worse - cause the standard side ALSO were missing labels. Not many, but still annoying.

Whenever there are issues in books, I always blame Readerlink. They've been screwing up those pogs for years.

Can they just once have all the things arrive on time for this transition!? I thought they were pretty light on the fixtures that arrived on the ISM pallet this week; now I know why. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤬

They didn't do that almost ten years ago, I don't know why they would start now.

They didn't do that almost ten years ago, I don't know why they would start now.
Call me a naive dunce, but it does sort of seem like this sort of thing would be figured out better by now. I'd cut everyone some slack when the supply chain was so messed up when covid started, but we should be past that at this point.
I've never worked for a major retailer other than Target, so maybe this is a problem industry-wide? Seems like a major source of frustration that's just so unnecessary if plans were thought through better.

Can they just once have all the things arrive on time for this transition!? I thought they were pretty light on the fixtures that arrived on the ISM pallet this week; now I know why. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤬

When I started at Target I was very impressed. Backroom was organized you knew where and what stuff was in the back. I was surprised fixtures was arriving before depts were reset. This happen for every reset. Signing would come in ahead of reset. There was no printing mistakes with label strips. Mdse would fit and matched the spacing on the labels. The new displays was assembled and placed on the salesfloor. This may only be an issue at my store but displays just sits anywhere and everywhere in the back. If it has to assembled it's probably still in the back months later.
Started our remodel early fall and paused for the holidays. They are having issues with delayed fixtures and I don't doubt construction materials.

When I started at Target I was very impressed. Backroom was organized you knew where and what stuff was in the back. I was surprised fixtures was arriving before depts were reset. This happen for every reset. Signing would come in ahead of reset. There was no printing mistakes with label strips. Mdse would fit and matched the spacing on the labels. The new displays was assembled and placed on the salesfloor. This may only be an issue at my store but displays just sits anywhere and everywhere in the back. If it has to assembled it's probably still in the back months later.
Started our remodel early fall and paused for the holidays. They are having issues with delayed fixtures and I don't doubt construction materials.
Tbf fixtures and construction materials are delayed for everyone. It was also not all sunshine and rainbows back in the day. However it was definitely much better then it was rn. I expect there to be issues, as sales have grown more then double in my store in a short period of time. Hopefully this new pilot bringing back some old operations teams alleviates most if not all these little problems that got much bigger then they should have.

Hunting for a part number. Anyone know off the top of their head for the rubber mat used for picture frames?

Any progress with the missing labels on reverse side? Hot wheel aisle was a circus. Missing labels, labels cut off, labels out of order, product not fitting properly etc. I'm starting to see a few labels missing that aren't at the end of the strips.

Stuff still on the docket for the enterprise signing system team. They have their hands full still addressing issues that occurred during Q4 for just normal 7x11 signs that were missing in prints.

Apparently not entirely. I set two reverse POGs recently and while most label strips were fine, one in each of them was missing the left-most label. But I didn't have problems with labels out of order or product not fitting properly though, so maybe partial progress has been made?

Back