MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

ok.. i need help.
did anyone else run out of display room on the hair appliance aisle?
anyone set the skincare aisle? where do the specialty pusher trays go?

We had 4 hair appliances per shelf so everything was pretty evenly spaced.

We haven't set the skincare aisle yet. I'll check it out once we do.

Section 1 & 2 of hair appliances had 2 display shelves each, one set over the top of each other.

Also missing the tubes for displaying Pro Hair care shampoos.

Pro Hair care flopped to the opposite aisle, so I had to quickly learn how to rewire the lighted shelves.

your pro hair has lighted shelves? don't know if i should be jealous or thanksful ;)

ugh, be thankful. TOT, how much of a project was that for you? in the manual, and in the SFT workload site it stated you would only have to switch two sections? we had to move almost every valance because of the way that they daisy-chained and to get the pro headers (wider) to the front of the aisle. then, flip all the lights around so that the power could be at the front of the aisle and the power strips were under where the lighted shelves were. good thing i get along with my SFT - my PTL failed to let him know when this project was happening - *surprise*.

ugh, be thankful. TOT, how much of a project was that for you? in the manual, and in the SFT workload site it stated you would only have to switch two sections? we had to move almost every valance because of the way that they daisy-chained and to get the pro headers (wider) to the front of the aisle. then, flip all the lights around so that the power could be at the front of the aisle and the power strips were under where the lighted shelves were. good thing i get along with my SFT - my PTL failed to let him know when this project was happening - *surprise*.

Yea, kinda the same thing for me.
The PTL said just switch them and I said it's not that simple, gotta call the SFT.
PTL wasn't too happy when they realized we were going to be climbing in the way of the team in order to get the lights and signs taken care of for far longer than expected.
There is way too much of this "power through these projects" attitude without any real care about the consequences.
We have people working with us now who don't usually do plano because there are so many hours and they are being handed planograms that I have a hard time figuring out.
Of course they all come to me because they know I'll answer their questions and do my best to help.

Last edited:

Yea, kinda the same thing for me.
The PTL said just switch them and I said it's not that simple, gotta call the STL.
PTL wasn't too happy when they realized we were going to be climbing in the way of the team in order to get the lights and signs taken care of for far longer than expected.
There is way too much of this "power through these projects" attitude without any real care about the consequences.
We have people working with us now who don't usually do plano because there are so many hours and they are being handed planograms that I have a hard time figuring out.
Of course they all come to me because they know I'll answer their questions and do my best to help.

Honestly, not that hard, but if you are playing catch up, nows not the time to do the sft's work, so you did the right thing Commie.

I think it took me about 2-3 hours. I popped off all the basedecks and kick plates then took a good look at how they had to run. I popped off all the light fixtures in every section so I would have hand room to unscrew the valance brackets. Got a big high 5 from SFT when he walked in.

We utilized the extra hours to stock. The plano team's ONLY concern was to clean and set, if they finished early, then they stocked. We came in at midnight and had the extra stocking team arrive at 6am. Each morning, all the restock has been done, so the 2nd shift stocked pulls. So far, they finished early and went on to help with the reshop and anything left over with the truck.

PPAs are done, and I'm missing the Pro Hair kit, Facial A kit, the tubes for the displays, 2 small appliance displays and some of the Bath & Body signs.

Anyone else have problems with the Bert's Bee's plano? Of course, the weak link set that section, but the planogram was written by idiot. Sorry, but it was. I finally told her to set the risers, labels and when she started to stock, the correct fixture needed would become apparent. That worked.

Oh how I'm not looking forward to cosmetics. I always pull ALL of the cosmetic fixtures out of the fixture room and organize them onto rolling carts that go to the floor every morning during the set. Gives me an opportunity to clear and organize that section of the fixture room. I have a bad feeling we are going to be short a LOT of fixtures especially since my pallets are so late............

I havent even set foot in beauty, so i hope they do it right, its not like they read the early set notes or manual when they were tl, so im gonna be the creepy guy in lingerie should be fun

Anyone else have problems with the Bert's Bee's plano? Of course, the weak link set that section, but the planogram was written by idiot. Sorry, but it was. I finally told her to set the risers, labels and when she started to stock, the correct fixture needed would become apparent. That worked.

That was one given to the kids who only work plano once in a blue moon.
Good choice.

Not.

Can I see a show of hands for who loves those strip signs for the metal bull noses on the hair appliance displays?
Anyone?
Anyone?

Finally done with beauty for this week. What a week!!! Moving the lighted header was a pain. Took me about an hour to unscrew the brackets (most were over tightened from the construction crew from the beauty destination remodel) and switched them to the other side. Those testers in the shampoo aisles are dumb. Its hard enough to get the cover back on and I know in a few days the plastic covers are going to be missing. What's with the columns that go at the beginning middle and end of the aisles. They look dumb and get in the way. Whoever decided to bend the pro haircare header and stuff it in the box is an idiot. Ours was cracked all the way through. Hopefully cosmetics is not so bad. I need a vacation after these two weeks.

hey guys! hope your day is going well!

if you're missing burts bees fixtures, message board said they would be in at the end of the month, and some cosmetics fixtures would be as late as mid/late april. i havent sorted my cos fixtures for the set, waiting until tomorrow to do that. hope we have something to set with. i'm gonna sort the fixtures by dpci onto a flat. any other tips y'all would like to share to help us keep sane next week?

also, the new warner panties---BLAH. each one (pair?) is individually wrapped. PITA (no pun intended).

hey guys! hope your day is going well!

if you're missing burts bees fixtures, message board said they would be in at the end of the month, and some cosmetics fixtures would be as late as mid/late april. i havent sorted my cos fixtures for the set, waiting until tomorrow to do that. hope we have something to set with. i'm gonna sort the fixtures by dpci onto a flat. any other tips y'all would like to share to help us keep sane next week?

also, the new warner panties---BLAH. each one (pair?) is individually wrapped. PITA (no pun intended).

FINALLY got my supply pallets. Seems they were sent to another store? I sorted 3 pallets, 2 of which were 10 feet tall. NO JOKE. I am pretty tall, but I had to get on a stepstool to cut the wrap.

UGH.

I was feeling pretty smug at being ahead of the game, but now that everything that was missing or I had ordered came at once, and I have to organize Mondays cosmetic set AND I have to order missing beauty signs.....I'm feeling the pressure.

Again, the same person who writes the Beauty/cosmetic planograms must write the Intimates planos. I got so frustrated at the omissions (bridal, etc.), Showing 3 signs, but listing one or showing 3 signs, listing 4, how all the signs that could possibly go on that planogram whether they are for your store or not, are ALL Lazily listed in section 1. How so called discontinued signs are still on the planos.. My intimates box is packed as I am never confident to throw out signs! Because someone is too lazy to do a good job with planogramming Intimates, it takes me twice as long as it should to sign that department. Oh and what the heck is up with spot sending as0711 dividers for panty bins? Those aren't even used anymore!!

Rant over.

I have a great cart that I load ALL the cosmetic fixtures(old and new) onto. Saves the team the time and effort of constantly running back and forth to the fixture room.
I open the sign boxes, hand them their strips and backer, and I keep the rest. I grab up all the old signs as the team is clearing product and start scanning for discontinued.

I wish there was a way to HOSE off the cosmetic shelves. Just cleaning the grooves on the shelves takes up most of the time setting cosmetics.

This.

Worst planograms ever.
I want whoever drew the map for the infants set.
They knew what they were doing.

Every time I see that I wonder how many times he had to miss and crash into pallets to get it right.

It is obvious there wasn't planning between the designers of the planogram and ism. No matter how I moved them, they blocked the product. I ended up buttoning them down lightly, using only 2 brackets and 1 pin each, as I know there will be a major revision later to move them.

When you build that suncare rack sidecap for RTW, take extra care that you pay attention to long viking, short viking, long male/female, short male/female screws.

I was in a hurry to get back to cosmetics and throughly messed myself up.

Surprisingly extensive build, so allow enough time.

Hopefully it won't have to stay up long. LOL!

Back