MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

So did anybody else not get the new bottom shelves for the Napoleon and Pixi sets?

No new INDY shelves over here either. Had one extra in the back by chance (they were too lazy to swap it when i ordered it over a year ago - this time it actually worked in our favor go figure). Didn't do the NP set yet, but if it gets another as well i will fake out a regular cosmetics shelf on the bottom (using the metal standard conversion brackets since there are no slotwalls over there) as best as we can.

Did all the drapery displays today. What a monotonous job. Scanned each one and separated them into aisle and sections. Then took them out to the floor and swapped them. These are the kind of things no one notices. Then they question you about what you spend your time doing. My PTL, a new guy, wanted me to order all new label holders and bullnose label holders for cosmetics. I told him he had to have his ETL okay it before I ordered that much. Then I asked hiim who was going to replace all those when they come in two or three months. He just looked at me. I said, "Where are those hours coming from to do that?" Just because you want it done doesn't mean we have the hours to do it. And just because I order them doesn't mean it is my job to replace them when they come in. Is it?

We've been working on cosmetics the last 2 nights and other than missing an entire kit for neutrogena, and 1 lipliner fixture, we're doing pretty good. We only have the Boots and Nailcare planograms left. Anything we should be aware of, especially in Boots?

I order about 50-100 new bull nose after every set, and the cosmetic tm slowly replaces them. No way I could ever take the time to do that. I also keep shelf liner, and clear overlay in reserve for the tm to use when needed. (I store it for her under a basedeck nearby in Beauty)

My PTL, a new guy, wanted me to order all new label holders and bullnose label holders for cosmetics. I told him he had to have his ETL okay it before I ordered that much. Then I asked hiim who was going to replace all those when they come in two or three months. He just looked at me. I said, "Where are those hours coming from to do that?" Just because you want it done doesn't mean we have the hours to do it. And just because I order them doesn't mean it is my job to replace them when they come in. Is it?

This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.

Unless they have a plan to replace it when it comes in I have to assume absolutely everything i am asked to order is in preparation of the next time that planogram gets set (presumably in 6mo-1 year). One of the reasons we have so much "stuff" around is this. and then after it comes in they either bug you about what it is, and want it put out by you - or they want it tossed. this alone accounts for 95% of the wasted space in my signing area and the fixture room.

I order about 50-100 new bull nose after every set, and the cosmetic tm slowly replaces them. No way I could ever take the time to do that. I also keep shelf liner, and clear overlay in reserve for the tm to use when needed. (I store it for her under a basedeck nearby in Beauty)

same over here. good idea on putting under a basedeck - that is a good idea. every since indy changed and we lost that one metal curved bottom piece our cosmetics tm has been struggling with finding a good place for her things she needs daily. (i saved the old metal fixture in hopes i could use it in the fixture room in the same capacity, but that place is bombed out).

nailcare went pretty smooth for us. still didn't do boots yet on our end either. so far biggest opps were some missing Maybelline? lip fixtures (the ones with the lift-off part with two signs on it) that were added over in milani or iman. oh, and the missing indie shelves.

I ordered the indie shelves, wouldn't be surprised if they show up on a pallet in two weeks.
How about the half shelf in nail care or in Burts Bee's?
Did anybody not get those?

I ordered the indie shelves, wouldn't be surprised if they show up on a pallet in two weeks.
How about the half shelf in nail care or in Burts Bee's?
Did anybody not get those?

i got them but the team put them on the wrong POGS. Burts needs a specific one since it has extra tall sides to get over the lip gloss/balm fixtures. the one in nailcare is normal.

oh, and for mine they sent the sides separately in super skinny tiny boxes sure to get lost...

boots is getting all new displays that replaces the old yellow fixtures, and the labels are pretty difficult to put out until you get the displays in (black plastic like the rest of cosmetics, but product pulls separately).
be cautious... boots labels, phy formula labels, and rimmel---the labels print out in the wrong order for the signing (bullnose colors). our truck pushes by color on the bullnose, so we swapped the labels to match the bullnose signs. also, vertical spacing on phy formula is way off, rimmel doesn't have notch numbers, and the sonia pog is just horrible (at least the schematics).
we have nailcare and neutrogena left, and a valley of shoes. almost there!!! yay!!!
did anyone else add the clings to every shelf? i'm tired of scrubbing nail polish off random bullnoses. we clinged 'em all.

Been trying to do new clings, did last year but they're nasty now, just haven't had time.
I tried showing people how to do them but nobody is willing to try.

Everybody is cursing the planograms, this has got to be one of the worse sets in a long time.
Somebody needs to be flogged.
We need a cat-o-nine-tails and lots of degreaser.

i'm just having my team cling the actual nail polish bullnoses - in nailcare and per brand. ours get hammered so i want to have a lot left over so our cosmetics brand TM can just rip and swap when she needs to instead of having to scrape when she doesn't have the time.

For fragrance, we have never had testers before. I got all the testers. They came on little black coasters. But no shelves. What I need to know is when I do order the shelves (AX3315) how many locking plates do I also order? One for each tester? I MySupported it but no response so far. Funny how the locking plates and sign holders are not on the planogram (I think). At least, not on the cover page listing. Thanks!

The men's fragrance has another box just like the woman's.
And the women's just swap out.
We won't get into the ugly cardboard box thing that goes on the middle shelf.

For fragrance, we have never had testers before. I got all the testers. They came on little black coasters. But no shelves. What I need to know is when I do order the shelves (AX3315) how many locking plates do I also order? One for each tester? I MySupported it but no response so far. Funny how the locking plates and sign holders are not on the planogram (I think). At least, not on the cover page listing. Thanks!

The mens fragrance testers that go on the mens shaving aisle is a bit different than the men's fragrance that goes in cosmetics. (They came at the same time for me, so I was confused at first) Shaving has a clear pocket in the very bottom front for inserting a shelftalker, the cosmetics one is identical to women's fragrance box. The testers themselves are the locking plates. All you need to order is the same kit part number as is on the back of the women's fragrance box. This kit will include the black base, large sign holder, allen wrench, and small locking plate that you insert once all the testers are inserted.

If you didn't have womens fragrance before and can't get the part number off that, audit your planogram's line listing. Check off what you do have, and whatever is left over, thats what you need to order.

Last edited:
We've been working on cosmetics the last 2 nights and other than missing an entire kit for neutrogena, and 1 lipliner fixture, we're doing pretty good. We only have the Boots and Nailcare planograms left. Anything we should be aware of, especially in Boots?

I set nailcare yesterday. What a pain. Pog showed no notches and combined the whole schematic into an inch...couldn't read a thing...printed out the online pog which helped a little...had to guess where each crossbar went...section three got rid of all the shelves and went to all crossbars....it was a joy to set...NOT

Just got into cosmetics the past few days and our Boots is really jacked up. My TL had me set according to the labels that printed and had me put all the strips in so the white back is showing. I wonder if they'll release a revision to fix all of it. Also, does anyone know what fixtures the Boots mascara uses? I set it using small dividers but I dunno if that's even right and I can't find any of my new Boots fixtures.

Just got into cosmetics the past few days and our Boots is really jacked up. My TL had me set according to the labels that printed and had me put all the strips in so the white back is showing. I wonder if they'll release a revision to fix all of it. Also, does anyone know what fixtures the Boots mascara uses? I set it using small dividers but I dunno if that's even right and I can't find any of my new Boots fixtures.

Most of Boots is now in 4' shippers that sit on the shelves which should have come on the ISM signing pallet. Our store received 6 shippers for Boots.

D: I just spent the first half of my shift setting everything with those stupid dividers. I guess I'll go poke around the signing corner after lunch. :(

Don't hurt me guys but really, I don't think cosmetics was that bad. Now, don't get me wrong, took two days explaining what the clings were in each box and I still get asked by the TL on Thursday what the "blank strips" were for. SO much for that. I put out what I could. Spend A LOT of time just running from the floor to the fixture room for incidentals. The problematic POGs most of our TMs were able to fix. Fancy that! It'll take you 7.5hrs to "get around" to your inline signs, but a POG with no heights and mismatched labels, no problem! Anyway, for what it was it went okay over here. Didn't see anything that could have remotely been the Boots "tester" things, but everything else save a missing sign or fixture (lip balm fixtures of course) was alright. My biggest peeve is our POG TMs not setting completely in one day and "saving" some things for the next day. Right now I leave before them and it messes up my schedule every time.

OH, and I looked at the INDIE pogs - you didn't need an extra shelf. my TMs were reading the display shelf as two shelves when it was only one. it was either 5&6, or 6&7, they are one shelf. Oh, and after fetching signholders out of the fixture room for e v e r y pog - i find a box on the next week's pallet with ALL NEW SIGNHOLDERS. thank you. too little too late. still - i never get sent those short and long signholders though - there were a bunch this time.

i tried to do the curtain displays today - OH MAN. maybe 25% scan with a location, the rest are NOP even if i SEE IT in the aisle. after taking out about 10 bundles from the small box i said forget it, and closed it back up and will try again next week. i have the POGs, but checking the MD#s individually will be a pain since there were a lot without barcodes on the outside wrap.

haven't even had time to read the transition packet for stationary yet. what fixtures are on the big fixture pallet that came with the stationary ISM? whole pallet of fixtures (it's only a couple boxes but they're big). but my o/n ETL put it up before i checked what it was.

i've been dying to call out, but with the workload it would be so much BS to come back into its not worth it. at this rate i might be able to schedule my mental health day sometime after next week if i am lucky. don't worry though - i'll get "" for it since i have to "clean the fixture room" in my "down time". nice that - other than printing signs i literally have nothing in there. all fixtures. anyway - i'm at the point where i'm just willing to fill an open top with the entire contents of the room. i've cleaned it 4 times (6 if you could the two times i've cleared out steel in receiving). #over_it

stationery--new fixtures--the wrap fixtures are changing and we're supposed to be getting new fixtures for the bags that are kind of like an accordion (think waterfall fixtures sideways, or the mirror dividers but for bags).

Back