Archived Specific types of guests that are annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those guests that come in right when the store opens and bring their kids when they're both sick as fuck and cough all over and they don't even buy anything. There should be a rule that if you're sick as fuck then don't even come to shop unless you will buy something and contain your cough and sneeze instead of contaminating the area with your germs and making me suffer!

Guests who lay a bunch of rugs on the floor, I suppose to see how they look and how they feel underfoot. Then leave them there.
Unsupervised teenagers who move an assortment of chairs from shelves to the floor in D block and then sit around in them. Then leave them there.
Guests who leave the half-eaten snack, empty pizza box, half-empty coffee or soda cup on random shelves.
Guests who leave frozen or refrigerated grocery items on a random shelf - where it sat all night and I find it completely thawed when I'm there for truck the next morning.
Someone who takes 1 pill out of a blister-pack of Benadryl, leaves the opened box. The same for 1 or 2 batteries, feminine care products, 1 bar out of a package of granola bars, etc.
The women who just have to test foundation - and then spill it on the floor and all over the shelf. Oh joy.

Foreigners who speak shitty, halting English and then get irritated when I can't understand them. I don't mean English with a heavy accent, by the way, I mean words strung together in such a nonsensical way that God himself would be stumped. Spanish speakers are almost always accompanied by a kid who can translate for them, and 1/3 of our TMs can speak Spanish anyway (I have a very basic grasp of it myself) but certain folks from a certain country that I won't name never do this and assume that hollering their gibberish slowly and loudly 50 times is a good substitute for a year of immersive ESL courses. Protip: it ain't. Like, I wouldn't go to your country and waste time trying to pronounce your right-to-left moonspeak that I've never studied when I could just have someone translate for me and be on my merry way.

Also I get that things may be different where you're from but please don't touch my arm and invade my space while grinning creepily with both rows of teeth. No I would not like to accept a dowry of 20 cows from your 14 year old daughter, but I appreciate the kind offer.

I hate when they get mad that I don't know what they're saying.

Guests that don't know what they want.

Guest: "I am looking for a glass jar."
Jenna: shows guest canning jars
G: "Something used to make coffee"
Jenna: shows guest aisle with coffee press, etc
G: "Something used to heat up coffee in the microwave"
Jenna: shows guest ceramic mugs, and clear glass coffee mugs
G: "Something larger"
Jenna: shows guest the glass pitcher aisle, but explains they are for liquids like juice, tea....

:head desk:

Guest: from two feet away: the fridges
Me: What about the fridges?
Guest: Is this all the fridges
Me: What are you looking for?
Guest: are you going to help me
Me: Yes, what are you looking for
Guest: Cottage cheese
Me: It's over in that door (I point)
Guest: its not there
Me: Ok can you show me which one. I have to scan it to see if we have any
Guest: the red one
Me: I show him the 4% market pantry container because it was the red one in there
Guest: no the red one I always get (points to the Dean's 2%)
Me: I scan the label for the Dean's 4% and tell him we don't have any
Guest: just walks away

Perhaps if he wasn't on the phone before he started asking me then he would know how to talk. Maybe.

Wait, they put it back on the shelf? LUCKY

Our guests would just leave them scattered on the floor where they failed to catch them.
Yea mine actually put them back. I think because they saw me watching them.

The guest that emptied the few contents of a 3-tier and used it as a shopping cart.

1. cunts who get assmad when the pharmacy isn't open. CVS isn't Target isn't CVS, go the fuck away and get your methadone somewhere else. Not my circus, not my elephant
2. guests who climb on/over my flats and pallets to reach something on the shelf, or ignore their crotch spawn doing same
3. guests who are looking for something but don't know the brand, the name, the size, or the color and give only a super vague description. "It's a thing that exists, made of matter, I saw it here last week" well that sure narrows it down!
4. supreme euphoric gentlesirs who ask me about Funko Pops. Go back to le Reddit you nerdlord
5. military recruiters who ask me if I've ever considered joining the military. I don't care how much the signing bonus is, I can't spend it if I'm turned into a finely atomized cloud of red vapor from driving over an IED
6. guests who grab me while I'm making a beeline for the restroom with a full bladder and grimacing because my kidneys are about to explode
7. guests who grab me while I'm in the process of helping another guest
8. guests who complain that Target.com showed that this store had something in stock, and then I check their phone and it's actually set to a different store in another zip code
They left because Reddit is being slowly overrun by the_donald subreddit just like Europe is being overrun by refugees from the middle east. Thats why they left. Their PoP forum is now on Voat.

That one lady that comes at the very minute the store opens goes straight to pfresh and looks thru the bananas and pinches them and puts bagged gala apples on the floor, bangs them. Then she would always ask for the half gallon MP milk that we're out of. I'd ban her if I could. She's damaging the produce. Increasing QMOS.
get her on camera and have ap do it.

I'm not sure if any of these are covered:

1. The One Word Orders- These are the shoppers that don't bother saying "Hi" or "Excuse me" to get your attention, but just walk up to you and say exactly what they're looking for. "Eggs!" "Milk!" "Greeting cards!"

2. The ones who don't care if you're listening unless you ignore them- These are the guests who will ask you for things ("Where are the eggs?") when you're either:
a.) Across the aisle from them and unaware that someone is speaking to you
b.) Busy assisting another guest or team member
c.) Aren't even FACING each other.

My favorite (not at Target, but most of these have happened at both jobs, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time):

I was working as a personal shopper at a grocery store when a 'guest' and I were standing back to back. I was selecting items from the freezer; she was looking at peanut butter. I heard her say something, so I turned around. Her back was to me, so I assumed she was either talking on the phone or she was talking to herself. So, I kept working. She, then, (without even turning around) got mad at me for not answering her question.

Bonus:

3. The customers at OTHER stores who get mad at you when you don't help them out when you go shopping immediately after work and forget to take off your TARGET nametag. I went shopping after work, and since the store I went to was right next door to Target, I just went straight there. A woman started asking me where something was, but I didn't pay attention because 1.) I'm off the clock 2.) I don't work there. She got mad at me when I wouldn't help her, and when I pointed out that I don't work at that store (the uniform and nametags don't even look the same, plus I had my purse and lunchbox on me, so I clearly wasn't working), she got mad at me for that.

(I swear, you can go into Walmart in your red and khakis and people will get mad that you're not helping them).
My favorite is when they go to said stores management and gripe at them for you not helping and when they look and see you aren't theirs and they get pissed at that.

Teenagers.

There is a school within 30 seconds of walking distance from my store. Every weekday between 230-330, we get hit. Friday is, of course, the worst because we are always understaffed and end up with 80 kids coming in and out ordering all frappuccinos.

I'm only 24 but I can't believe the lack of manners in these kids. No please, no thank you, and of course they walk away without getting their change.

I made the mistake when I was young, still in elementary school, of not saying thank you to an employee in a fast food place. My father had me say thank you, and then apologize for being rude. That stuck with me and now working in retail, I understand how obnoxious it is when kids feel like they run the world.

Sorry for my rant. I just can't stand watching these things.

People that pay in change but dump it out on the counter, say “just take what you need” and make you count it for them. So damn annoying and rude. If I’m paying in change (I’m broke a lot so I do this occasionally) I will hand a dollar of it at a time to the cashier so we can both keep track or just go through self checkout.
Related: people that toss their money on the counter instead of just handing it to me. It’s incredibly rude and disrespectful. Instantly makes me wanna fight. What did I ever do to you for you to treat me like this

Teenagers.

There is a school within 30 seconds of walking distance from my store. Every weekday between 230-330, we get hit. Friday is, of course, the worst because we are always understaffed and end up with 80 kids coming in and out ordering all frappuccinos.

I'm only 24 but I can't believe the lack of manners in these kids. No please, no thank you, and of course they walk away without getting their change.

Sorry for my rant. I just can't stand watching these things.
My kids are teenagers and if I ever heard of them acting like this, I’d beat their asses. They may be bigger than me, but that wouldn’t stop me. I taught them manners and they’d better use them. I know they do, though, because I’ve had people tell me what good kids they are (people I know who work in other stores-not Target.)

The retard that holds the phone right next to their mouth walking around with the phone on speaker. Like speakerphone is meant to be used hands free i dont want to hear you talk about your stupid bullshit also why are you yelling........................
Don’t forget the “facetimers.” There’s a lady who comes to our store who’s ALWAYS using FaceTime with someone when she’s in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back