Starbucks Team Leaders

During my tenure our DM ALWAYS found something to ding us on, sometimes the most mundane thing.

Yeah mine finds everything to say but she's very knowledgable. She always tells me she's here for support but sometimes it doesn't feel that way.

Last edited:
What irked me was when we were put on non-compliance for things that were beyond our control: wrong color of pastry case paper (because they STILL hadn't sent the RIGHT one), not ordering enough coffee despite brewing 'fresh every 15' (for each pot), missing items from the latest set-up (again, they haven't SENT them), missing impulse-buy items (once more, they HAVEN'T SENT THEM), etc.
When we needed their help for push-back against our store leadership, their response was to put us in non-compliance. It happened so often our leadership didn't even blink.

Nope, easier for them to slap us with a non-compliance instead of doing whatever it took to help us.
Wish I could've contacted the DM's boss; maybe something could've gotten done.

I know store leadership can request a new DM if they feel they aren't being supportive and helpful.

Yeah I don't know how the process works but I know it can be done.

You're supposed to but it's honestly hard to do. I like to rotate weekends with my team so I trade off with them and at times I have random set ups to do that happen to fall on my weekends off so it's not always possible.

What makes it easier to other TL positions is that we own the schedule for our work center so if you really need a day off for some reason or another, you can make it happen.

If I really wanted it, I could almost have every other weekend off. Lately I've had a couple full weekends off. But in the last year, I've probably had 3 or 4 full weekends off. I usually end up working either Saturday or Sunday. Or both.

I really don't mind it. To me, an 8 hour shift is an 8 hour shift. I'd almost rather work weekends because that's when I'd get to work with my team because we have about 2 or 3 total hours of double coverage Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday combined. Then Thursday is my order day, we get a little on Fridays. I'm a SrTL so when I work weekends, it's usually on the floor. I never get to work alongside my team and I miss that :(

Any Sbux TLs coffee masters? My DM wants me to train to be one.
I don't think that has ever existed in Target before, but it's on the agenda for my DSV on Monday. It might be nice, but holy shit what a colossal waste of my time. I'm going to spend hours on this and it'll increase sales by like $50 over the course of a year, based on how often people actually ask about coffee at Starbucks.

My first SBTL wanted me to go for it because I'd been there the longest.
I asked them what was in it for me?
They said I'd get a BLACK apron with 'coffee master' on it.
Eh.....no thanks.
Oh wow so it did exist? I know I've seen the coffee master apron on the order guide, but I've never seen any materials whatsoever. I've just read about it on r/starbucks.

I just found this site and I've just started browsing. I was a sbtm who covered ordering/scheduling for three months before a SBTL was hired. Two months after that I applied I became FATL. Now the SBTL is in noncompliance with everything from the number of baristas to stickers being left unfilled and there have been guest complaints to the health department about cleanliness and gnats. I honestly don't know how they are passing steritech inspections but for some reason they call ME to cover shifts and come in for deep cleaning g shifts after inspections. My team isn't getting a their 15s and I'm expected to cover the SB shortcomings?

That sounds rough. Maybe you should be moved to Sbux. Sounds like it ran smoothly when you were there.

Back