Starbucks Team Leaders

I have inventory on Monday. Time to reminisce about the things that we've ever sold in the history of the store... I think I'm going to mySupport this ridiculous TINV guide. It has anything you would ever possibly need, and more! Including favorites such as...

"SBUX OATS AN $2 OATMEAL" - not an item
"SBUX BREAD SWEET RECEIPT" - seriously are you kidding me how do I count this
"SYRUP VANILLA SPICE 1L" - discontinued almost 3 years ago
"SYRUP DO NOT ORDER" - wut
"SPECIAL 50% CROISSANT OFFER" - k
"FREE MINI FREE MINI" - OMG FREE MINIS YESSS
"YOGURT PEACH RASP YOG PARFAIT" - never had this at my store. ever.
but it looks like they finally got rid of my all time favorite "STARBUCKS STARBUCKS STARBUCKS STARBUCKS"... never did find out what that was...

I have inventory on Monday. Time to reminisce about the things that we've ever sold in the history of the store... I think I'm going to mySupport this ridiculous TINV guide. It has anything you would ever possibly need, and more! Including favorites such as...

"SBUX OATS AN $2 OATMEAL" - not an item
"SBUX BREAD SWEET RECEIPT" - seriously are you kidding me how do I count this
"SYRUP VANILLA SPICE 1L" - discontinued almost 3 years ago
"SYRUP DO NOT ORDER" - wut
"SPECIAL 50% CROISSANT OFFER" - k
"FREE MINI FREE MINI" - OMG FREE MINIS YESSS
"YOGURT PEACH RASP YOG PARFAIT" - never had this at my store. ever.
but it looks like they finally got rid of my all time favorite "STARBUCKS STARBUCKS STARBUCKS STARBUCKS"... never did find out what that was...
Omg I hate that TINV guide with all that crap on there that we don't have and takes so many of the pages. I just did inventory two weeks ago.

Vanilla spice. Blecch.
Short-lived & chez pretentious.

Got any more minis?
You can never have too many minis.

Ok so I'm new to SBUX and target all together and was hired as he TL.... Kinda been crazy especially coming in during the holidays... Anyone with some words of encouragement? I'm have trouble with time management and my crew getting along and taking there positions seriously.... Also anyone know where I can find the order by and delivery schedule for the holidays???
Thanks!!

Start reading from page 10 of this thread. Order schedule is on workbench. Hopefully, your sirens eye is done for this week.
From another thread:
Search on Workbench for the Black Friday Planning Guide Part 2. If it's not on Workbench yet, ask your ETL or STL to forward you a copy. The last few pages go over Black Friday prep for Food Ave and Starbucks.
Thanks
@MrGlobal

Last edited:
As Hardlinesmaster said, read thru this thread starting about pg 10 & the Starbucks guide (which will need some updating soon).
All these new SBTLs....
Makes me wonder what's going on.

Also be sure to place your next order two days in advance. We got a mail packet saying to do that due to thanksgiving week. If not, your order will be delayed. You don't want that happening for the week of Black Friday.

Has anyone else been having problems with ordering? We didn't get our shipment last week, we've been ordering the peppermint cake pops but haven't received any, and we're completely out of espresso even though we've been ordering it regularly. Very frustrating.

Order days changed last week due to the holiday. I think they said to order 2 days early and expect the shipment to come in up to 2 days late.

Peppermint brownie cake pops don't seem to be orderable anymore, at least for me. It could vary by your DC, but it's just a seasonal pastry so they could be out. As for the espresso, keep ordering it, and order some extra 1lb bags so you can use those if other nearby stores can't lend any 5lb bags.

I'm sure it has to do with your order date changing. I usually do my order on Tuesday before 11am and now it changed to Monday. I never received the peppermint chocolate cake pop or the chocolate dipped madelines and they are no longer orderable. The only things I'm having issues with are the short bread cookies and the Java chips coming in.

You will do well.
I hope so. She's a tough one. She always challenges me and finds something to nitpick. She's the kind of DM that takes pictures of things that are an issue, basically digs in deep which is a good thing but there are times when my department is so busy that you can tell that we are taking a beating and she'll be wondering why we aren't 100%. The good thing is my ETL understands my volume but at the same time I do want to improve in what she sees.

My DM is similar. My Starbucks did 22.5% sales comp last year and is a bit over 20% this year. Survey scores are pretty good, baristas are great, staffing is great etc.

One light is burned out? There better be a work order in already. Missing one tiny sign somewhere? He lets me know. Coffee basket isn't in the right spot? He asks me about it.

I just have to remember that it's his job to protect the Starbucks brand. He's happy with how I'm doing and everything, but he wants everything to be 100% flawless. That's his goal. It's an impossible goal, but it pushes me to be better. He's just trying to help my store improve.

My DM is similar. My Starbucks did 22.5% sales comp last year and is a bit over 20% this year. Survey scores are pretty good, baristas are great, staffing is great etc.

One light is burned out? There better be a work order in already. Missing one tiny sign somewhere? He lets me know. Coffee basket isn't in the right spot? He asks me about it.

I just have to remember that it's his job to protect the Starbucks brand. He's happy with how I'm doing and everything, but he wants everything to be 100% flawless. That's his goal. It's an impossible goal, but it pushes me to be better. He's just trying to help my store improve.
Yeah mine is very passionate about her job and brand which I respect, because I am too but she'll grill me for anything, big or small. I'm closing Monday so I'm going to make sure everything is brand, going to dust off everything, have my team zone the area, make sure my pastry case is clean, dusted and looking nice, as well as my RTD&E items. It's a challenge but I'm trying.

The DM for my former store sounds like he was cut from the same cloth; always finds an area in need of improvement but will give us a few kudos.
Coqui or Xanatos, did either of you say something recently about getting a massive or multiple order?
Some buddies at a sister store had their order day changed recently; first order was late, second was MIA, third one they shipped TWO COMPLETE ORDERS. They're calling around doing swaps with other stores for the items that didn't come in the no-show order.

The order days for most stores changed for Thanksgiving. You were supposed to order 2 days early and expect it 2 days late. If they didn't get the order in on time, that would explain why the 2nd one was "missing" but ended up coming in late, and then the 3rd one came at the same time. Not sure why the first one was late, but it's probably related.

My DM recognizes us but it's always with comments on other areas of improvement. She's the kind that will address a TM pumping syrup before pulling their shots of espresso.

I'm so happy we survived another holiday season but the cut in hours sucks. I hardly have time to get what I need done.

Back