Starbucks Team Leaders

Does anyone have the newer columbia shuttle brewer eith the glass inserts on the airpot? Anyone know how to order or get more of just the glass sight pieces?

Put in my resignation today. Told SD I could stay until the 20th and was pretty much told I'm only working until the 10th. Won't put me on the new schedule. Whatever. 🤷‍♀️ After all I've done for this damn company and they're going to end it like that.

Never thought I'd be "that" person but yes! Had another company notice my experience and skills and reach out to me and wow would you believe it!? I'm going to actually be paid what I'm worth now! I won't have to listen to my SD promise me growth and movement and watch it never happen....its a dream come true!!!!

Never thought I'd be "that" person but yes! Had another company notice my experience and skills and reach out to me and wow would you believe it!? I'm going to actually be paid what I'm worth now! I won't have to listen to my SD promise me growth and movement and watch it never happen....its a dream come true!!!!
Congrats!

Put in my resignation today. Told SD I could stay until the 20th and was pretty much told I'm only working until the 10th. Won't put me on the new schedule. Whatever. 🤷‍♀️ After all I've done for this damn company and they're going to end it like that.

Well, put in a claim for Unemployment. You're available, so they need to pay you one way or another!

Hey everyone!
So I just recently got the position of Food&Bev TL. I've been a barista for 5 years now so I've got a good knowledge of running Starbucks for the most part. But something my team is finding hard to do is stick with the Playbook deployment. We're a Vol 2 store and although it seems like we have decent coverage, we can't seem to get the this down! Every time we get everything set up for our day in the mornings and get into stations, it gets busy and we need to have all hands in deck just to get beverages out. We are the only Starbucks in a 45 mile radius and have a very heavy flow of regulars that come in every day and we have done a really great job during the day of keeping up our guest connections. But most days cleaning routines fall through the cracks because of this. What are some tips you guys have for similar Vol stores that have found a way to implement this?? Also if you do have this set in place, how do you get the behind the scenes stuff done every day? (Grabbing product from back room to restock*we have a small Starbucks store that isn't suitable for our vol so we have a supply room in the backroom of the store*, washing dishes, doing weekly and monthly cleaning tasks)

Also what is with the store hour changes that happened back in May?? Sorry for all the questions, but it just didn't make sense. At first we thought more cleaning and tasks would get done (we use to be open until 9 and now it's 8) but my team is having such a hard time closing because of the change still! Closers will work a 3-8:30 and have to leave by 8:45 as to not hit compliance and we will usually stay pretty steady up until 7. Just curious to see how everyone else has been dealing with this change!

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated!!!

How many people do you have scheduled on a day? And what do their shifts look like?

When are your peak hours and general weekly sales? And do you have set routines for your team? Having an extra person in that early and two closers you really shouldn't have a problem restocking at those times. Does your team know how to sequence properly? If you have 2 people on shift only one should ever be on drinks, the other should be following coffee routine and restocking. I'll post my stores set ups on monday..I think something similar may help you but I'm unsure of the space you're working with. you always want backups on syrups and frap ingredients. And you want a designated area behind the counter on where to get extra ingredients for when those run out. As far as cleaning routines.. You need to train your team to clean as they go and everyone should be completing 1 weekly task off the weekly cleaning log, once a week. Make a game out of it if you're having trouble getting them on board... hide a coupon somewhere dirty for free food or a bullseye item or like $5. Worked for my team and now they leave notes around for each other with stupid memes or drawings on them. As for more thorough cleaning I assign 4 shifts to a day. Open, mid, pre close, close. Opener is in charge of cold brew, lobby, drains. Mid wipes down all undercounter fridges, front bar (counters, espresso machines, syrup bottles, stand & glass), precloser helps prepare closer for their shift so they cup all the teas and juices and clean the backline counters, inclusion stand, tea stand, etc. And then closer cleans all the pumps, coffee brewer, pitchers and sinks. I'm very serious about cleanliness..Ecolab walked us this week and could not mark us or even comment on one single thing. His exact words were "This is the cleanest and easiest starbucks I've ever walked in my life" make sure your team knows your expectations, but keep it fun & celebrate your results and you won't have any issues.

This helps a lot!! Thank you so much!! As of now we don't have the greatest set routines for each shift. It's just a list of things between morning crew and night crew. And getting the other morning TMs to time manage and get things done before closers come in has been rocky. I dont know the peak times for sure, but we have a "line out the door" rush around 7, 9, 1130-12ish and then again from 2-3. I'm not sure how the sales are in the evening. But my closers are telling me that they are busy up until 7. How do you check when your peak hours are? I know how to see our daily sales but as far as peak hours I'm not entirely sure where those are.
So since you have them each do 1 weekly task, do you still do the Station Assessments every day? Where you have Espresso Bar on Mon, Cold Bar on Tues, Brewing Station on Wed etc. The old TL started trying to get the team doing this and even after a year it seems like we struggle trying to complete it.

I technically just got announced to getting this position yesterday but I've been "interim TL" for almost 3 months now. Doing all the ordering, any reset, keeping the team accountable etc. So theres still ALOT I have to learn yet😂😭 but any other F&BTL get scheduled daily in Starbucks? I think now that its announced, I will probably get shifted more into Consumables but the last few months I have felt like I've been running around like crazy trying to make sure everything is getting done from a TL perspective as well as making sure we are good daily in the store. (I hate having to leave to go off scene to do TL stuff if we aren't where we should be for tasks for the day) Just curious how you guys juggle ordering, resets, etc.

@14HuThr I would definitely recommend training other TMs to be responsible for the ordering,sets, etc. It really helped when I was FTL. I had one who did the sets, one who checked updates on workbench and did the supply order, and I trained multiples to do the pastry order. Then, as we progressed, certain TMs owned the RTD case or retail coffee on their shifts. I realized I could not handle market if I was completely involved in every aspect of Starbucks.

With this, I also had a previous PA as my right hand in market. They picked up the slack left over and helped manage vendors, orders, sales planners, and trucks in my absence.

@FriedTL Thank you so much for your help! I have a few really strong TM that I feel would be able to take on these roles while I'm shifting into Consumables more now so I think this will work great!

Thank you everyone for all the congrats :)
I'm really excited to start but also terrified. Target is my first real job so it sucks to leave. I love my team so much and my SBUX DM has been a really great mentor and support so it's really difficult for me to leave. Hopefully I kill it at the new job...its VERY very VERY high volume. I't really doesn't look like I'll be behind the counter much and I'll miss that aspect the most. I'm still going to stick around in these forums for a bit though, can't seem to find one for my new company.

Does anyone happen to have the dpci for 5lb decaf espresso bags? I use to use the search button and could usually find what I needed but now nothing ever comes up for Starbucks

And java chips? I remember seeing somewhere that they were going to be autoshipped but I’m out already and just wanted to double check and see if I’m really suppose to be ordering?

Last edited:
Back