Starbucks Team Leaders

It's not about the routines. I'm told not to do anything until 30 days..so I just take the punishment and lack of training for 30 days from my team while my etl does nothing

I think I'm going to put In my two weeks.

I can understand why you feel like this and I'm not saying that it's not justified.
Just don't let the events of a few weeks beat you.
As tough as it seems right now it will get better.
Each day will be a little easier if you can put things in place.

Screw your ETL.
If they aren't going to back you up, that's their call and not something you can do anything about.
Yeah, it makes your job harder but it also means you have more room to play.
Keep them in the loop but don't count on them for anything.

As to the lack of training, some of that is a blessing.
You can use us as a source for the tough stuff, your gut for other things, the book for things, but you're not going to be a robot.
This is a chance to create your own style and substance.
We do have your back.

Sort out your people.
Figure out which ones are worth your time and support them.
Not saying to play favorites mind you, make sure everyone is treated fairly.

I really think you can do this.
You just need some people to believe in you.
If not there then here.

Ladida, don't let your team and ETL bully you. And, I don't think it is fair that you can't fix your area until 30 days out. Did you ask why?

I hate that you want to give up, but Target is not worth you damaging your health. Really think it through-no drastic decisions. Also, can you try and see how things go after the 30 days are up? If it still sucks, then I would consider leaving. Just make sure you have something to fall back on.

Today went a lot better. Im going to work on staying. It's stressful I work at spot and at another german store lol..so I work 60+ hours a week.

Side note I was not prorated the mini frapp cups nor the info on the recipes for pumps n what not..any suggestions?? I've already told my etl

The recipe was sent with the Summer I stuff - you just make a tall and then you have extra left over in the blender pitcher. As for the cups, I don't know what to tell you other than the fact that they should have been autoshipped in late April or early May. They cannot be reordered, so just don't worry about it and tell guests you aren't participating in it.

Yep, make it like a tall. Sounds silly, I know. From what I hear, some Target stores had issues receiving their correct orders a couple weeks back. It is out of their control. It could be why you don't have the minis. Don't sweat it.

So far most of my mini cups have been requested for everything else BUT frappucinos.
One guest wanted that size filled with milk for her child & insisted that it should be charged as a "short".
Yeh, no.

Does anyone know how long is the grace period for Target to get a SBTL?

I don't know if there is a set amount of time. I do know, depending on the Starbucks DM, that Target cannot wait too long. @CoquiAzul , are you still going for the SBTL position?

Cool beans. You are basically doing the job already. I am sure you won't be kept waiting too long, or else your DM may get mad. So, think positive thoughts.
I'm being patient my problem is more with getting things done because it's so hard for me to finish TL tasks without having access to a lot of things or the authority to make changes.

Can another TL or an ETL help with this? Maybe if you let them know what you cannot access but needs doing, they can help take care of it. One would hope, anyway.

Speaking of grace period..I was told before I got the position about a 3 month review for the sbtl position. Anyone tell me what this is about

Speaking of grace period..I was told before I got the position about a 3 month review for the sbtl position. Anyone tell me what this is about
It's probably your review after you pass your 90 day probation period.

I thought Target did away with the 90 day review. Maybe they meant the PCCI-quarterly self review.

Ohh ok. Makes sense. What's the steritech regulations for having a kitchen cart for pastries because of the fruit flies thing.

And can you spray something to make the pastry case items for display not attract the flies?

There's really nothing you can spray that would be food safe and fly deadly.

It really does come down to finding all the gooey spots, getting tight seals, and time.

Commie is right. You just have to clean and seal it up, as best you can. Have you tried partnering with your PMT? Mine was awesome.

And it needs to be cleaned DAILY.
Any crumbs/sticky spots left behind attract flies.
A store I covered at once (TM's funeral) had a small clip fan below the doors to keep flies from landing/getting in the case.
I have to admit it worked pretty good for their case.

When they launched the new pastries (about a year ago at my store) they gave us these 4 white translucent rectangular plastic containers, dimensions are somewhere around 18"x12"x3". We are allowed to have 1 of each pastry in the case as a display and then sell from those containers. Just make sure the guests know the ones in the case are just for display. You're supposed to sell those ones after the others are sold, but you might want to just QMOS them.

Back