Starbucks Team Leaders

At one point I was the ONLY SBTM who actually drank coffee/coffee-based drinks.
One of the previous SBTLs didn't drink coffee but he was a good bullsh*tter when guests would ask him about a particular blend simply because he memorized the coffee passport notes.

Yeah. I pretty much drink black coffee or the occasional iced tea, and all of my current baristas drink coffee in some form. I find it hard to recommend some of the LTO drinks, because I just don't like them.

Is there some sort of policy between Starbucks and Target that prevents either company to recruit team members from each other? I have a TM that quit two months into me moving into the SBTL role that works at a company operated Starbucks and keeps coming on my days off to recruit the TMs that were there. They keep telling me he's coming and telling them and talking a lot of crap about me for some reason: I've never done anything to this person. It's really getting on my nerves. I'm wondering if I should tell my Starbucks DM.

There is, but I think it is meant for management more than anything. I had a barista go to a company store a couple years ago. She just didn't like working alone. I was fine with that, so no problem came up from it. I have had 2 different stores, one another lisenced and one a company store, try to steal baristas from me recently. I called the company store and asked the Mgr to stop. I had my DM talk to the lisenced store Mgr. Turns out the lisenced Mgr wasn't doing the recruiting.

I would try to talk to the company store Mgr first. He should know what kind of person is working with him.

Depends on the SB manager; he may like the idea of poaching pre-trained baristas.
If he doesn't seem bothered by it by all means, contact your SBDM.

I found out that the manager is the one who set up the interview at a sister store for a TM of mine.

The recruiter is a former TM of mine. For some unknown reason he doesn't like me anymore but this happened right after I got promoted.

In addition to your SBDM, I'd talk to your ETL-HR, ETL-AP to see how they feel about TMs getting poached by a former TM.

In addition to your SBDM, I'd talk to your ETL-HR, ETL-AP to see how they feel about TMs getting poached by a former TM.
I'll do that as soon as my ETL-HR is back from vacation. Our ETL-AP is clueless about everything and has no idea how Target functions so it would be like talking to a wall. I'll also let my ETL know.

They should know, but realistically, it can only get fixed on the sbux side I imagine.

I'm guessing that my SBDM will have more weight to throw since its with their company versus us calling.

Yes. When I suggested that you call, I assumed the sbux Mgr didn't know what was going on. Because of the agreement, I think your DM can get it stopped pretty quickly.

I totally understand why you advised to call first and I was but then I was told that that manager set up the interview and it made me even angrier.

I was talking with a couple other TLs from my store and they told me something that I never really thought about. How often do you utilize your ETL as a SBTL? I realized that I rarely do mainly because they aren't trained in Starbucks and rely solely on me when it comes to policy and visits. We have a lot more autonomy than most TLs. Is this true for the rest of you?

Back