Starbucks Team Leaders

AST is mostly worthless, IMO. Don't sweat it. I don't even remember what's in it. I just know that I went through all of it, then looked through it a second time 1 year into my tenure just to make sure I didn't forget anything and remembered that there was nothing of value that I didn't already know or didn't learn just from working behind the bar.

The beverage resource manual, however, is gold.

People usually freak out about the AST because of how long it is. You honestly learn it all just being behind the counter like what Xanatos said.

Can anyone tell me what the numbers are to order the little sticker labels that go around the sandwiches? Everything I order is not the correct ones!

we got a call today from the Starbucks in our mall that they had gotten our order by mistake. I don't even want to think of how many people had to screw up for that to happen, but I guess at least we finally got the order? which we desperately needed... but I didn't want to start my day (on a GSA shift no less) running three flats of Starbucks merch, most of which was liquids and thus damn heavy, from one end of the mall to the other. especially when I got back to our Starbucks and one of my baristas goes, 'ugh... I feel sick... I don't feel well enough to put all THAT away.'

luckily she is already on a final. I don't think she's long for this world. we've already got two green beans in training. no one will miss her.

The beverage resource manual, however, is gold.

and the SCEMM! that book is my freaking BIBLE.

Too bad you couldn't lock Miss 'I feel sick' in the walk-in.
Maybe take her phone away 'til she puts a significant part of the order away?
I know, it'll never happen but a girl can dream.

we got a call today from the Starbucks in our mall that they had gotten our order by mistake. I don't even want to think of how many people had to screw up for that to happen, but I guess at least we finally got the order? which we desperately needed... but I didn't want to start my day (on a GSA shift no less) running three flats of Starbucks merch, most of which was liquids and thus damn heavy, from one end of the mall to the other. especially when I got back to our Starbucks and one of my baristas goes, 'ugh... I feel sick... I don't feel well enough to put all THAT away.'

luckily she is already on a final. I don't think she's long for this world. we've already got two green beans in training. no one will miss her.

If that shift is morning, snag a flow member who likes coffee and ask if they will help. I love helping starbucks myself but its because my SBTL will get me the magnets when the promo is done. (I always ask and I love collecting magnets)
and the SCEMM! that book is my freaking BIBLE.

Can anyone tell me what the DCPI is for the Coffee thermos-like thing that we dispense coffee out of? Ours are getting real old.

Can anyone tell me what the DCPI is for the Coffee thermos-like thing that we dispense coffee out of? Ours are getting real old.
From an earlier posting:
Oh my god I found that document with all the pictures. Holy shit I hate target for not telling me about this three years ago. Just search "Starbucks reference guide" in workbench and it should be the 4th result. 47 pages. I already saved it and emailed it out to every target Starbucks in my city. And my DM.
Thanks
@Xanatos

It's called an airpot. Should be on the small wares guide. You can seach for the guide on WB if you don't already have it. It's super useful.
Make sure you get the full airpot assembly as there's a separate DPCI for just the replacement lid.

Too bad you couldn't lock Miss 'I feel sick' in the walk-in.
Maybe take her phone away 'til she puts a significant part of the order away?
I know, it'll never happen but a girl can dream.
well, she really did feel ill. I just couldn't have given less of a shit when I was physically exhausted and dripping sweat into my trenta ice water.

thing is... I don't want to speculate, but she didn't used to be this bad. she used to be kind and helpful, wouldn't badmouth people behind their backs, wasn't paranoid about everything. and she's been in a substance abuse treatment program and just had her last court date a week ago. this just came on in the last few weeks. so... again, I don't want to speculate or assume, but... we're all a little concerned.

Did you guys get the recent Starbucks addendum? There's going to be a new weekly Starbucks news letter updated every Monday starting September 6th and the customer survey is back and is expected to launch in January.

I just got it yesterday. Fall 1 promotion set falls on Labor Day -.-

Yep, and I have essentially no team members available until 430. I'll be working 730-5 in Starbucks and then 5-7 in Food Ave... but I've been doing lots of days like that lately so I'm kind of getting used to long days. Plus holiday pay so hell yeah.

Did you guys get the recent Starbucks addendum? There's going to be a new weekly Starbucks news letter updated every Monday starting September 6th and the customer survey is back and is expected to launch in January.
The weekly update has already been a thing. I've gotten a few. @Xanatos, I'll send you some help. All of mine want the time and a half.

Back