Starbucks Team Leaders

Someone might have to change the thread name
Lol.

I was already doing both. When I increased sales enough to earn a second TL, they took it straight to the sales floor, so there shouldn't be any change for me. Plus the backroom TL just got termed and a sales floor TL took his spot, so we just aren't filling the sales floor TL spot. We'll probably just move some sales floor TLs around to how they should have been for the last few years.

I already know my Super Target is a high volume store, so I should be safe lol (I hope). Helps that my store doesn't have a Food Ave anymore. My store currently has 2 Market TL. With Meat, Produce, Bakery, Deli, and Dairy/Frozen Departments each having their own pair of TL and PA.

Last edited:
Surprised a comtract with Starbucks allows this. Sure Starbuck TM/TL are Spot employees but......
I think they just require that there is a TL that is over Starbucks, even if they are over other areas. I've always been SB and Food Ave and was also a SrTL for a while, leaving me with an average of 2 Starbucks shifts per week. Although now they're pushing it a step further and some TLs will end up being in charge of SB, Food Ave, and market, which seems like a lot to cover. Imagine having those 3 areas and being a SrTL!

That's how they're working it at our store; SB has their own TL but FA is supposed to get an FSA.
SBTL will be there to handle reviews, disciplinary actions & other TL-level duties for both teams but will still handle SB interests.

That's basically what's going to happen at my store. My Starbucks DM is not happy about it but said to reach out more if I need help because that's what she's there for.
The team in food Ave is a mess so apparently I am to clean up the mess and then get a fsa

welp, just got the group text from our TL this morning announcing that they're giving her market as well. because she didn't already spend enough time on the sales floor away from her team... plus she isn't in charge of our scheduling anymore and has mentioned trying to get us all market hours, which I did not sign up for and do not want. I'm a bit disgruntled. really hoping I get some good news soon. though we have another TM who also has a job offer in the works, and one who is about to finish ETL interviews and will probably end up getting shipped off to another store soon. so our three most tenured/skilled baristas are going to be jumping ship right as it's sinking. I feel so bad for our poor TL.

welp, just got the group text from our TL this morning announcing that they're giving her market as well. because she didn't already spend enough time on the sales floor away from her team... plus she isn't in charge of our scheduling anymore and has mentioned trying to get us all market hours, which I did not sign up for and do not want. I'm a bit disgruntled. really hoping I get some good news soon. though we have another TM who also has a job offer in the works, and one who is about to finish ETL interviews and will probably end up getting shipped off to another store soon. so our three most tenured/skilled baristas are going to be jumping ship right as it's sinking. I feel so bad for our poor TL.

That's what I was told today too. We will still have a Food TL but me the Starbucks Team Lead would be expected to help run food and report to the Food-ETL

So what is happening to the TL who previously owned market/FA/SB at your stores? What's happening with them?
Pretty sure I'm losing market which I'm very annoyed about and I have no clue where I'm going to end up but I have a feeling I'm not going to be happy about it.

So what is happening to the TL who previously owned market/FA/SB at your stores? What's happening with them?
Pretty sure I'm losing market which I'm very annoyed about and I have no clue where I'm going to end up but I have a feeling I'm not going to be happy about it.
They always do this sort of thing by attrition, as has been said in other threads. Meaning, they will not fire anyone (unless they actually deserve it already). Turnover is high enough that they'll just wait until another position opens up. If that doesn't happen within a few months, then I guess they might as one to step down or something, but it's much more likely that a position will open up at another store and one person will have to either take it or step down/quit/get fired.

At my store, there was one TL for all of SF, including market (Pfresh), and one for sbux (no FA). Sbux will take market from SF with no reduction in TLS.

It depends on your store volume what happens. If you are high volume and have both FA and sbux, they will now have one TL.

I'm from a ULV store that was just recategorized as a LV. We had 1 SBTL, 1 FATL, 0 Consumables TL. Now we are going to have 1 Food Service TL and 1 Consumables TL. Are some of you sure you have your info correct? 1 TL over Food Service AND Consumables?

It sounds like ULV stores will have one TL for SB/FA/consumables. Everyone else will have 1 for SB/FA and 1 for consumables (which is probably just a small part of their job on the sales floor...).

We're A volume w/o SB. STL wasn't completely clear, but I'm guessing the FATL is taking consumables.

Probably true. Would you want FA and market?

My store is org chart 2 and we are definitely combining sbux and market.

FA and market wouldn't be too bad, even at a high volume. Market should have at least 1 PA who can take on a lot of responsibilities, and FA doesn't take much anyway.

So for the Valentines Cake Pop Packaging. I feel like I'm missing something. I received a case of the brown boxes. The recent mail back I got with the new Siren's Eye for Valentines day Set contained the Red cases. Is there any other component to this. Is there any instruction on how to pack the Cake Pops. And how long are the cake pops good for. Feels like I am missing the instructions for this >.<

Back