Starbucks Team Leaders

I know the feeling. It's been tough juggling all three for me. One day im stressing over my dm visit the next it's the market transition. My etls are starting to see it taking a toll on me. I don't think many etls know the beast starbucks is. I spent most of Friday and weds cleaning up and organizing my starbucks stockroom. I'm finding so much outdated or stuff we don't even need. Thank God one of my old gstl is a starbucks/cafe tl a state over so I'll just Facebook her when I need to find something or i'll randomly ask in this thread. I still need to get the ast (sp?) done but idk when I'll have time or if my etls will make time for me to do so. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's set since it'll be my official 1st one by myself ....now if I had those stupid chalk markers. Also what's the best way to clean the chalkboards and is there a pencil type thing I can use before so I can just write on it and go over it with the pen when I'm ready?

Best thing we've used to clean the chalk boards is the water spray bottle & some wipalls.
One of our baristas is a graphic artist & she'd take a ruler & mark each letter placement with a small chalk dot.
It helped her with alignment, spacing & allowing room for magnet art.
She does really good font work too but I'm sure we'll lose her after she gets done with school.

Anyone take a look at the agenda for the Reigniting Starbucks Experience yet? What is the Creating the Starbucks experience participant guide it is referring too? o_O

Anyone take a look at the agenda for the Reigniting Starbucks Experience yet? What is the Creating the Starbucks experience participant guide it is referring too? o_O
You should have received that mail packet about a month ago. You save that for your next visit with your DM and they facilitate the information to you and your ETL. It's a training on customer experience that needs to be "lead" by your ETL for the Starbucks team. Theoretically a meeting with the Starbucks team is supposed to be scheduled and your DM attends as well to ensure we are delivering the same message to the store teams about customer experience.

if your store is as sweltering as mine is (I can't imagine anyone's isn't, and if your store is cool, I'm so jealous), how the heck do you keep your pastries from melting and getting soggy? between the completely useless HVAC and having two freezers and a fridge in the backroom, our BR is routinely 85 degrees, if not more. the pastry case is directly in front of the oven, and the front line is pretty hot anyway - I'd say mid-70s, regularly. icing on loaves is melting, everything else gets sticky from the humidity, and don't get me started on the squishy mess that are cake pops. we store our spare pastries in the back, but again, since it's ridiculously hot... is there anything we can do?

We have two small clip-on fans strategically placed 'to keep the fruit flies away from the pastry case'.
One is aimed downward to the rack of unwrapped pastries so we haven't had severe melting.....yet.
Me, I'm always the first to run to the cooler:
Need more milk? SURE!
Pull pastries/sandwiches for tomorrow? I'm on it!
Stow perishables? I'm ya girl!

Anyone have a list and DPCI/SAP number for all our cleaning related stuff?

Pretty much a Starbucks TL from years ago accidentally ordered a lot of cleaning supplies. So the previous TL didn't have to order anything. That stock pile finally ran dry and no one knows what I need to order D:

Check on Workbench under Starbucks Operational Overview. There should be a pdf you can print (I think it was in the column on the far right).

Here is a list of DPCI for more of the colored chalk markers. There is a list on Workbenck titles "Starbucks Master Item and Merch List Winter 2017" that contains a list of orderable items with the Target DPCI and Starbucks SKU. It may be helpful when trying to find items that don't show up on your order guides.

Marker Color/DPCI
Door Knob/260-06-0097
Sheet Metal/260-06-0098
Grape Jelly/260-06-0099
Eco Green/260-06-0100
Astroturf Green/260-06-0101
Electric Blue/260-06-0102
Popcorn/260-06-0103
Dijon Mustard/260-06-0104
Cayenne/260-06-0105
Green Tea/260-06-0106

We have two small clip-on fans strategically placed 'to keep the fruit flies away from the pastry case'.
hmmm. this is an interesting idea (as we also legit had a fruit fly infestation last year and our DM is freaking out about it potentially happening again).
we do have a tower fan in the backroom oscillating on our pastry rack, but it can't keep up. especially not when leadership insists on keeping the backroom doors closed, even the one the guests can't see into.

So tonight I had 1 hr 45 min to do my set . This is technically my 1st set . I already had my stuff de merched and the closer helped me with the chalk boards and I still didn't finish. I got everything done except the dam snack rack. Tomorrow is my day off and I was gonna come in for 2 hrs to wrap up the miscellaneous stuff but the closing etls was telling me I gotta work 3 minimum-_-. I wanted to do it before 8 incase my dm does a random visit. Atleast I have an idea of what to expect next time

lol, was the Summer 1 Set suppose to be set tonight? Thought it was suppose to be up and ready by today. So I put it all up last night >.<

3 hrs of sleep later I got it set up and looking nice. My etl checks up on me and ends up calling all the etls and stl to check it out lol. I'm proud of it even though I didn't get a couple of cups in =/. Here's a random question what am I supposed to do with the old cups from the previous set? I feel like I have a ton of stuff left that the previous tl ordered right before I took over.

We use older cups to fill in gaps on shelves.
Might want to scan them to see if any went clearance; then you could put them in an extra basket with a sign.

Or if you work in a Super Target. Use a corner cart and display them through that. Or team up with the Sales Floor TL or GSTL and take over an end cap.

Random question for everyone. How is the Lightly Sweeten Chai selling for you guys? Barely sell any and just dump it out daily. I heard it could be kept refrigerated and it will last longer. So we don't have to dump it out daily and make a new one (just to dump it out the next day).

Is it okay just to make a container and put the entire container plus pump into the Refrigerator and pull it out when someone orders it? If so, what is the shelf life after opening and kept chilled? 5 days?

Back