Starbucks Team Leaders

I used to shut down cold bar an hour before close as well. We are running into issues with sbux cleaning routines because doesn’t seem to be time to do a good close..
You should be able to get it done in about 30 minutes if you have good routines and your team is being scheduled accurately. If not, it's easy to just adjust the schedule so the barista leaves 45 minutes after close instead of 30.

I'm entering into a Tarbucks where policy and standards have been extremely lax. A few partners at my store have multiple facial piercings that they don't remove/cover up, unless we have a big visit. As a recently promoted TL, how should I go about enforcing the no facial piercings policy without sounding like a hard-ass and pushing these TMs away?

I know Starbucks has their own rules, but imo if these rules aren’t enforced store wide, it’s not right to hold them to a higher standard.

Should cold brew be stored in the refrigerator as soon as it is ready or can it be left at room temperature as long as it cold before you serve it?

Should cold brew be stored in the refrigerator as soon as it is ready or can it be left at room temperature as long as it cold before you serve it?
I don't think there is an explicit answer, but I think it just needs to be cold before you serve it. I guess the underlying question is usually this: if this new brewer dispenses at 5am and no one gets in until 7am, is it ok? The answer is almost certainly yes, it's fine. If it dispenses on it's own and you just don't notice for like a whole day, I would assume it is still fine as long as you refrigerate it for at least a few hours before serving it.

I don't think there is an explicit answer, but I think it just needs to be cold before you serve it. I guess the underlying question is usually this: if this new brewer dispenses at 5am and no one gets in until 7am, is it ok? The answer is almost certainly yes, it's fine. If it dispenses on it's own and you just don't notice for like a whole day, I would assume it is still fine as long as you refrigerate it for at least a few hours before serving it.
Thanks. That’s what we have been doing but my DM questioned me and then told me they didn’t really know the answer.

I'm entering into a Tarbucks where policy and standards have been extremely lax. A few partners at my store have multiple facial piercings that they don't remove/cover up, unless we have a big visit. As a recently promoted TL, how should I go about enforcing the no facial piercings policy without sounding like a hard-ass and pushing these TMs away?
“Hey guys! We just had a complaint about jewelry and I’m reviewing the policy with everyone. Just so you know you can’t wear any jewelry including piercings in Starbucks. It’s to make sure nothing gets dropped in the drinks that could hurt our guests.” “Blah blah blah.” “Yeah, I know no one had told you the policy before, but unfortunately now we have to follow policy.” Then hit up every Starbucks TM with the same speech. Document everything in Workday.

Day 2, rule is challenged. “Hey Sarah! You forgot to take out your piercing. I’ll cover while you run to your locker. Yeah, it has to come out. It’s OK, you aren’t in trouble. Go ahead.”

Day 3, challenge attempt #2. Sarah has a stud in and gives you the look. Go to HR and ETL and warn them of the coming storm before addressing it. Pull Sarah into the office. “Hey, we’ve talked twice now about your jewelry. I really need you to make sure you don’t wear jewelry in food handling areas.” Sarah argues. “Ok, if you don’t want to remove your jewelry at work we can talk about moving you to a cashier position. But if you want to stay in Starbucks it has to come out. If it’s in again we’re going to have to start talking about discipline. Do you want to take it out, or do you want to transfer to front end?”

No one wants to be a cashier, but you look good for providing alternatives to progressive discipline. Sarah gets to decide how much she cares about making a point.

Hey so it’s been a minute since I’ve logged on. Resigned from SBTL, went to company operated. Now somehow back at Tarbucks part time. TL showed me the weekly update and it mentioned Starbucks connect enabled stores… Anyone heard anything or have any Intel? Wanted to see if Target is rolling out Starbucks connect👀👀

Have been for quite some time.
Makes some sense to do so, especially with Drive Up coming soon. I'm concerned they'll try to eliminate an SETL position at my store (currently have 2 SETLs and the SBux lead), and have the SBux lead and one SETL over the front. Anything like this happen to anyone else?

I'd bet you drive through SBux employees must see some weird shit and some impatient people. I've never been through a drive-thru anything nor the drive up delivery nonsense. Good for the store I guess, is it a moneymaker?

Back