Target Circle

How is everyone offering Target circle in their locations?

My STL is always wanting us to reach 30% daily.

On the self checkouts there's a button to put your phone number, so I think at the normal registers its going to be just like those other places where the cashiers immediately ask for your phone number.

As a person who pushes it daily, my script usually asks if they have a REDcard first. If they don't, I remind them that they can save 5% "today and every day" with it, but if they don't want to sign up for a new card, we have a loyalty program called Target Red (gotta start calling it Circle) that gives you back 1% on virtually every purchase!!

They seem to bite after that.

K7 key allows them to sign up from the credit card terminal if you don't want to walk them through the phone app.

But if you do, Account > Target Circle banner up top hit "Learn More" then "Join the Circle" button.

So now the benefit of using the RC is only 4%? Woo. Why bother then?
No, you don't get 1% if you pay with a REDcard.
RC saves 5% like always. No 1% gift card credit.

All other forms of payment, 1% back on a virtual gift card.

On the self checkouts there's a button to put your phone number, so I think at the normal registers its going to be just like those other places where the cashiers immediately ask for your phone number.
K7 key after you scan the first item or any item after.

Prompts for a cell phone number (on the credit card terminal after accepting the terms of the program and consenting to receiving texts) and texts them a link to get the app. They can continue entering the phone number every time to earn the 1% on non-REDcard purchases but can't redeem the 1% except on the app.

Also, pressing K7 after the guest uses quick chip (inserts payment card before you hit total) will cause the CC machine to forget the card and they'll have to insert their card again (no, they didn't get charged yet).

Right so really the only thing a RC holder now gets is an extra 4%. So unless they beef up the perks of a RC, I don’t see much point in signing up for one anymore (unless you are a target employee and need it to utilize our discount).

Right so really the only thing a RC holder now gets is an extra 4%. So unless they beef up the perks of a RC, I don’t see much point in signing up for one anymore (unless you are a target employee and need it to utilize our discount).
I guess so. It also depends on the guest's interpretation of "saving". Save 5% right now with this card. Or get 1% back for later.

The 1% has to also be used all at once (unless the transaction is less than what you have available). So if you have $6 and your total is $12, you will be forced to use all $6.

Anybody going to wager how long it takes for somebody to hack this system the same way that they did with the Red Perks program?

I am just now finishing up the end of my free laundry detergent. I got about 10 of them from Perks (not by hacking, but by scanning it when I bought 3 iPhones).

To earn credit, you scan your Wallet barcode, enter your phone number via the CC machine, or scan your receipt with the app's barcode scanner within 7 days of purchase to earn the 1%.

I would think since it's based on receipt #, which is codified in the barcode, you can't double dip.

Ah but for Red Card or Debit holders you can a say in the charities Target donate to. That's a nice perk right?
Yes, they get to "vote" on where the money goes. So of the 5% of the profits that Target gives to local non-profits, they can vote how much of that money the charity gets.

There are also some Circle-only promotions they run. For example, right now it's a 5% off one single purchase coupon just for being a Circle member. So it pays off to be part of it even if you have a REDcard.

I watched that video a while ago. Is there a spiel we are supposed to use to pitch it?

It's been live with TMs and I've been pitching it to them. There was a small group of TMs leaving together and the one woman decided she would use her app with her discount for her friends (also TMs) because they don't have the app and she wanted the circle credit. Another woman came through my line from out of state. She is HR. She scanned her mother's and sister's receipts after they paid (no tm discount was applied to them). I'm assuming it is kind of bad.

Back