Archived Target end to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDFgLjj.gif

I just started at target August 28th. I’ve been hired as a beauty team member. I’m having a hard time learning this job. My lead is always busy and she hasn’t properly trained me on everything I’m supposed to know. She’d just show me briefly and disappear. I’ve asked her if she can train me how to do certain things and she says of course but never gets around to it because they have her doing other things around the store. They haven’t even trained me on a register. I know how to cashier but I need to learn their system and buttons. They hired me to mostly stay in cosmetics but they always have me doing other crap. We have 5 beauty Team members but only 1 to 3 of us will be scheduled a day because they have the other 2 girls doing other stuff around the store. Everything never gets completed. I’ve been left by myself a few times because of call offs. So I’m left there freaking out because I haven’t been taught how to do everythingf. Wtf are pogs!?! Wtf is flex!? This is stuff I haven’t been told about. And when I ask an LOD for help they look at me like I’m stupid because they expected me to be fully trained by now. I don’t know where everything is located in the back either because I never got a tour. I know the very basic things but it takes me forever to get my first impressions done or my 4✖️4s because they’re constantly asking me to do other things for them and on top of that, my store has everything locked up! So I have to stop what I’m doing at least 30 times throughout my shift to run over to the personal care or whoever needs assistance to unlock things for guests. Oh and don’t get me started on the go backs.. that really makes me fall behind.
I don’t know how they expect me to zone the whole A block in 45 minutes. It’s impossible. The other girls told me that target never used to be like this. They’d have like 10 to 15 people working in A block zoning and getting stuff done. They used to love working at target. This whole end to end thing is stupid. I left my old job for target beauty team member because I was told I was going to be working in cosmetics and getting better pay. They hired me because I have a lot of knowledge about beauty and makeup trends. I’m missing my old job now. I heard target was an enjoyable workplace from people that I know that have worked there and I just want to leave. The only thing that is keeping me there is the better pay..

The nice thing about beauty is it's a brand new position.

Our top beauty team member doesn't zone particularly well and pushes slowly but she is super good with guest. Knows the product and has boosted sales.

If I were you I would focus on that. Technically beauty team members should be the last resort to backup cashier. So don't worry about that.

Pogs = Plan O Grams = map or layout of how product is placed in an aisle.

Flex = Putting out product that either doesn't have a location or product that is discontinued. Usually you flex items out next to other similar items...

The nice thing about beauty is it's a brand new position.

Our top beauty team member doesn't zone particularly well and pushes slowly but she is super good with guest. Knows the product and has boosted sales.

If I were you I would focus on that. Technically beauty team members should be the last resort to backup cashier. So don't worry about that.
I’m slow at zoning because I want it done right. I don’t want to just rush through it. I’m pretty decent with push. But I haven’t done it enough times. Today I learned how to print shelf labels and clearance labels. Pretty simple.
I’m very very good with selling makeup/beauty products. I do it everyday. I have a lot of knowledge on current beauty trends and I know a lot of tips and tricks. I’m all about customer service. But I never get enough time to be with guests. I’m always running around doing tasks for them and can never complete my own tasks I’m assigned. Like today my lead wanted me to clean and zone the fragrances In the lockup but I literally had no time. I got stuck doing other people’s work and lots of go backs and then they wanted me to start zoning. Even still I wasn’t able to complete my zone. I only got halfway done. Do we get in trouble when we can’t finish our zone? I’m just worried about what my lead is going to say about me not cleaning and zoning the perfume. I had no time at all. I couldn’t get to it. :(

Do we get in trouble when we can’t finish our zone?

Asants, at my store they would say you need to at least touch every aisle. If you zone too slowly because you are a perfectionist you are doing it wrong. If we have the payroll and it's slow they may have you do a more thorough zone.

I just started at target August 28th. I’ve been hired as a beauty team member. I’m having a hard time learning this job. My lead is always busy and she hasn’t properly trained me on everything I’m supposed to know. She’d just show me briefly and disappear. I’ve asked her if she can train me how to do certain things and she says of course but never gets around to it because they have her doing other things around the store. They haven’t even trained me on a register. I know how to cashier but I need to learn their system and buttons. They hired me to mostly stay in cosmetics but they always have me doing other crap. We have 5 beauty Team members but only 1 to 3 of us will be scheduled a day because they have the other 2 girls doing other stuff around the store. Everything never gets completed. I’ve been left by myself a few times because of call offs. So I’m left there freaking out because I haven’t been taught how to do everythingf. Wtf are pogs!?! Wtf is flex!? This is stuff I haven’t been told about. And when I ask an LOD for help they look at me like I’m stupid because they expected me to be fully trained by now. I don’t know where everything is located in the back either because I never got a tour. I know the very basic things but it takes me forever to get my first impressions done or my 4✖️4s because they’re constantly asking me to do other things for them and on top of that, my store has everything locked up! So I have to stop what I’m doing at least 30 times throughout my shift to run over to the personal care or whoever needs assistance to unlock things for guests. Oh and don’t get me started on the go backs.. that really makes me fall behind.
I don’t know how they expect me to zone the whole A block in 45 minutes. It’s impossible. The other girls told me that target never used to be like this. They’d have like 10 to 15 people working in A block zoning and getting stuff done. They used to love working at target. This whole end to end thing is stupid. I left my old job for target beauty team member because I was told I was going to be working in cosmetics and getting better pay. They hired me because I have a lot of knowledge about beauty and makeup trends. I’m missing my old job now. I heard target was an enjoyable workplace from people that I know that have worked there and I just want to leave. The only thing that is keeping me there is the better pay..

This sounds exactly like my training only in soft lines :( I just started like 2 weeks ago and only got like 2 days worth of actual training and that was really just on the tables and a few bars really . They say "ask questions ask questions , but yea right they all look at you like your an idiot for asking . I don't care I still do , but I always feel like I'm pulling teeth and they really don't want to help me , so to be honest I have been thinking about already leaving this job on day 3 and I hear ya it's the pay that only keeps me cause it keeps getting worse ! I feel horrible cause I wanted this job so bad & love Target , couldn't wait to work here . It's so frustrating I know how you feel :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back