MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I don't understand the nickname here. I almost always have really good success with calling CSC. Occasionally, there's something outside the scope of what they're able to fix but they are always super helpful up to the point where they have to call a vendor.
Spot has done changes by layoffs to the help desk.

Spot has done changes by layoffs to the help desk.
I guess I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. Yes, layoffs cause changes my success rate hasn't been affected by them. In 5+ years of random CSC calls, I almost always reach a resolution. Maybe with my technical background, I'm able to anticipate what they may need to fix the issue. If I'm calling about a printer, I can say I tried x, y, z and got such and such result.. That usually skips the first couple steps of the tech's prompts.

Since the last update we are no longer getting any red wire alerts for the service desk, food ave, Starbucks, and the pharmacy. I have tried checking off every option it gives with no luck. Now myself and the other GSA/GSTL's have those areas mad because we didn't get there change or know about the red card they got. Hope this gets fixed!

Now myself and the other GSA/GSTL's have those areas mad because we didn't get there change or know about the red card they got. Hope this gets fixed!

Our GSTL/GSAs don't even have a MyDevice the majority of the time, so cashiers have to use their blinkers and other areas just walkie.

The only nof I've used mobile mysupport for they've replied to use sim or defect it out. Even though it came off a pog and I knew the assortment dpci. I thought it might be quicker than hitting up a computer to tie it to the correct dpci.
Our store got really into using mobile mySupport when we first got it. But every NOF submitted just sat there for a few weeks until eventually they all were closed out with that same reply.

I get the sense that nobody told the mySupport people that this was coming, so they didn't quite know what to do with the sudden influx of tickets.

RedWire sent us out a notification saying we sent too many mobile mysupports and to stop!! lol. I guess thats how they want to handle it. They said to handle NOF at the store level.

Sled Battery. I have a few questions...

1. What's the percentage of battery needed to keep the sled scanner working? I've noticed problems when the battery dips below 50%.
2. Does the sled battery also charge the iPod battery when being used? And if so, is charging taking priority over keeping the scanner working?
3. How long does it take to charge a dead sled and does the sled battery charge first before the iPod or vice versa?

The obvious issue at our store is that closing TMs/TLs don't cradle the sleds well enough to ensure a proper connection for the sled battery/iPod to charge completely.
Cradling happens around 10pm, nightly. First TMs arrive in the morning, around 6am. That's 8 hours of charge time, if the MyDevices were put on the charger correctly.

What is your team doing to ensure MyDevices are put on the cradles with a proper connection to maintain solid charging? Anyone fashion a work-around to dummy-proof charging issues?

Its not just closers, its anyone who puts one back in. I can go in there at 10 am, and plenty are not charging that the early am flow did not put back in right.

Sled Battery. I have a few questions...
What is your team doing to ensure MyDevices are put on the cradles with a proper connection to maintain solid charging? Anyone fashion a work-around to dummy-proof charging issues?

*snipped quote.

You can't fix stupid.. I have found you have to put the sled in the charger then give it a tap to make sure it is seated and then it will ding and start to charge. You should also wait until you can see the "charging screen" come up. All simple things, but people who don't care in a hurry just drop them in and walk off..

We don't ever see them fully charged since they are swapped pretty much as you drop one off someone will snatch it back out. Not enough to go around, we have to leave notes that "Charging while I am on lunch - TM name" otherwise it would be gone and half the time it is gone. And you call for who has device # and they suddenly never answer their radio until you physically take it from them when you find it. But your day is screwed cause the device is dead and now of no use to you. Nor are there any in the cabinet.

These things don't work in an overnight store. Need either batteries we can swap or a lot more devices.

*snipped quote.

You can't fix stupid.. I have found you have to put the sled in the charger then give it a tap to make sure it is seated and then it will ding and start to charge. You should also wait until you can see the "charging screen" come up. All simple things, but people who don't care in a hurry just drop them in and walk off..

We don't ever see them fully charged since they are swapped pretty much as you drop one off someone will snatch it back out. Not enough to go around, we have to leave notes that "Charging while I am on lunch - TM name" otherwise it would be gone and half the time it is gone. And you call for who has device # and they suddenly never answer their radio until you physically take it from them when you find it. But your day is screwed cause the device is dead and now of no use to you. Nor are there any in the cabinet.

These things don't work in an overnight store. Need either batteries we can swap or a lot more devices.
Or just our old PDAs back and we'd be good to go.

I have found you have to put the sled in the charger then give it a tap to make sure it is seated and then it will ding and start to charge. You should also wait until you can see the "charging screen" come up.
So the real problem is the charger/sled manufacturer who can't design and build charger that works seamlessly. You should be able to just place the MyDevice in the charger and have it charge - no mess, no fuss, no tapping, no having to wait to see if it starts charging.

My Canon camera battery charger works flawlessly. The battery is held down against spring-loaded contacts when in the charger. Doesn't rely on gravity to make and maintain contact. Works the same way as a walkie battery installed in the walkie. Put battery in walkie - and it works. Put walkie battery in the charger on the other hand, and it's 50/50 if it will maintain contact and charge.

We're talking about Honeywell here. They're one of the shittiest hardware manufacturers around. Be glad it even works.

Well they are building to the cheapest price Spot could get. Spot wanted it that crappy, cause being cheap to keep that bonus money flowing straight to the top.

Thanks for all the great price change feedback!

So MyWork is showing the Cartwheel icon, but when you go into the Cartwheel app it isn't showing as on Cartwheel? Are you scanning the UPC in both apps? (I've just noticed some issues in Cartwheel when you try to search and the item is in a large category also hand keying DPCIs don't work)
I would scan the upc using the my device in my work and then use my phone to check cartwheel by scanning the barcode. I'll even search the department for it.

Back