MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

The brief joy of new Zebras was quickly eliminated by the printing errors. We were told to abandon pricing and help push, but I tried a PDA and that still worked so price change was back in business.

Another annoyance with *ZPL is not being able to feed blank tickets for the outside of shoe boxes and covering barcodes on rewraps. I hope they fix that.

I just want an option on the mydevice where you bring up the page for the item and at the bottom there is a barcode for that dpci. Would be a huge help when you're asking someone to grab it for you and they type it in their mydevice or when I look up items at the checklane without a tag I could just scan the mydevice instead of typing in the dpci. @tmap98
Otherwise known as the ‘cheat on PCV’ function 😂

There was 2 global issues today that affected myWork 2.0
1st being the API that printers used was taken offline due to too much load.
2nd being the API that price change uses to retrieve the day's price changes.
Both were the result of someone who likely shouldn't have been mucking around changing those two applications load balancers to pipe all traffic to a single VM rather than distribute across the 6 available for each application.
Really encourages confidence in the dev team (no offense)

It'll all be going to EZ print "soon"
Good— another thing that was rolled out a few weeks early when they could’ve delayed it and made it better.

Look I want these new apps out soon as much as the next guy but I want them done before they’re out.

what happened to the Receiving/Remote grouping option for the backroom locations? also are we no longer able to delete locations?

Yeah. It's not great. Too many teams working on it as well. I will say I haven't had much experience with it. I brought a myDevice to a store and used it briefly and all was good, but that was only for twenty minutes. So I don't really know how it works when used at a store all day
If you want to see all the issues with myWork just look at the flexible fulfillment thread. In one way or another we probably use most of the apps for longer than 20 min, but less than a full shift.

I had to use Audit to LOCU a Backroom location 4 times before it eventually worked yesterday. The next time I used the app it appeared to work.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to connect to a printer to print 7x11's if zebra says something is wrong instead of "choose a printer" at the top of the screen?

Anyone having issues where you scan with zebra and get no back room locations but the pda shows them?

My team members know how to manage to say hello or nod to guests without dropping what they’re doing or harassing the guest, so I don’t coach them for this BS. What they can’t seem to figure out is how to count to five hours, or simply just follow the meal breakout we provide to them to avoid hitting compliance. I literally watched someone disregard myself then the STL calling them specifically to go on meal due to them ringing for second alert on the zebra. Instead they were chatting with the fitting room TM. Next time it’ll be a conduct CCA.
Have you tried rebooting the Zebra on the cradle? That's my go-to fix.
Yes, unfortunately, this is occurring with all of our zebras ever since the update. Does anyone know how we would print a label to scan to connect to the Lexmark printer?

Yes, unfortunately, this is occurring with all of our zebras ever since the update. Does anyone know how we would print a label to scan to connect to the Lexmark printer?
Don’t you just select when printing a batch? Why would you need to scan it?

I'm just now using my work2 and I have a question. I have a shitty memory and cannot remember 9 unfamiliar numbers. My work would let me put in 5 numbers, minimize, pull up the target app, switch back to my work, and the 5 numbers were still there and I add the last 4. Today I tried that twice, both times when I switched back to my work2 the 5 numbers were gone. Is there a way to type in only part of the number and keep it waiting in the search bar?

I'm just now using my work2 and I have a question. I have a shitty memory and cannot remember 9 unfamiliar numbers. My work would let me put in 5 numbers, minimize, pull up the target app, switch back to my work, and the 5 numbers were still there and I add the last 4. Today I tried that twice, both times when I switched back to my work2 the 5 numbers were gone. Is there a way to type in only part of the number and keep it waiting in the search bar?
@tmap98 @mobilelady I can confirm I need this function back at GS as well

Have your tried copy and pasting the 5 numbers? Haven't tried it on 2.0 but it worked before. On another note, a notepad like app would be nice with a button to email it to ourselves. @mobilelady

There is a bar on top that says “choose a printer”. Press that and there will be options like “ sign and label printer” or something. Sorry I forgot but there will be options. I will choose “signing printer”, choose my batch and the Lenmark printer starts working so better make sure to have the label papers already inside before you start to print.

I love that I can use only 1 equipment now for all sort of things like defecting and for mispick. So happy to have those options on one device.
You definitely love it when the equipment is having a global issue.

The whole store switching to PDAs when we only have 5 PDAs in the store.

Back