MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have it,
But, rotunda term was used in Star Wars called the senate rotunda.
Galactic Senate
I did find a you tube video at an E &E store.

Nice fun fact lol. So a rotunda is generally a circular space, but just not sure what it is in terms of being a Target store. For reference, the rotunda-only display can be seen in the screen capture for this YouTube video:

It's different from E&E innovation stores, since my own is one of those and we're not a rotunda store. :)

Nice fun fact lol. So a rotunda is generally a circular space, but just not sure what it is in terms of being a Target store. For reference, the rotunda-only display can be seen in the screen capture for this YouTube video:

It's different from E&E innovation stores, since my own is one of those and we're not a rotunda store. :)

We have that display at our store, right in front of the jewelry floorpad across from the check lanes.

I wouldn't describe anything about our store as a "rotunda" though.

What is "flex", what is "flexible fullfillment", what is "fullfillment" and are they all different?

What is "flex", what is "flexible fullfillment", what is "fullfillment" and are they all different?
Flex (to me) means filling outs with other products until we replenish

Flexible Fulfillment is a workcenter. They are part of the backroom/logistics team and handle MyFA/Store Pickups, Ship to Store, and Ship from Store.

Fulfillment (I assume) is the same as above. Fulfilling guest's online orders.

Flex (to me) means filling outs with other products until we replenish

Flexible Fulfillment is a workcenter. They are part of the backroom/logistics team and handle MyFA/Store Pickups, Ship to Store, and Ship from Store.

Fulfillment (I assume) is the same as above. Fulfilling guest's online orders.

some also use flex as a shortened form of flexible fulfillment.

Can anyone tell me what the maintenance position is called and what it stands for? SFT or PMT? I can't recall. I may be heading to some interviews for the position soon as our current guy is not performing well and they are looking for somebody else.

Can anyone tell me what the maintenance position is called and what it stands for? SFT or PMT? I can't recall. I may be heading to some interviews for the position soon as our current guy is not performing well and they are looking for somebody else.

Property Management Technician - PMT
Store Facilities Technician- SFT

The current title is Property Management Technician or PMT. SFT is the old title.

Thanks guys. Hopefully they choose me. From what I hear my name was mentioned to the DTL in the last visit. Im told I might be benched for flow and backroom leadership also...which I don't exactly understand what that means. I will train running truck and BR and take over some days when either leader isn't there? Either way. Mooooovin on uuuuup :cool:

Reactions: Him
Not sure if I'd like being a leader of flow or BR though. Seems stressful and the pay increase isn't very much. I'd also likely get transferred to a different location and i like my current store.

What is "reshop" "diamond" "CIHYFS" "endcap" "pegs"
and I know "CAF" was defined, but what is "create auto fill"?

Thanks.
CAF or create auto fill started out, as CAP or create auto fill. Back in the day you had to tell the PDA, PDT, or LRT which batches you wanted to pull, rather than the system just dropping them into the gun, thus created your own auto fills or pulls.

Not sure if I'd like being a leader of flow or BR though. Seems stressful and the pay increase isn't very much. I'd also likely get transferred to a different location and i like my current store.

PMT is the equivalent of a Sr. Team Lead but without LOD duties. You're expected to be extremely independent, have a general knowledge of what needs to be done, and be able to set yourself to task to achieve daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. Along with holding cleaning/contracted crews accountable to tasks. It's a tough position.

My team has decided that a group of Etls is called a "tissy." As in: "Don't go into the office now cuz there's a serious tissy going on in there!"

my store combines brand attendant and cart attendant, and calls us guest attendant since both jobs ultimately serve for guest experience.

The supply ordering system hasn't been called TIPP in years, but it still occasionally appears on instruction pages. It's called SAP now, or Ariba..

TAT. Target and their acronyms! Are we so lazy that we can't say Trim a tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back