Archived Target Team Members Get Another Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After another strike action, this time located in Baltimore, Target team members won a recent NLRB settlement. This comes after their successful removal of a racist STL, who along with management, tried to interrogate and intimidate workers for exercising their rights and taking action. More info on this development can be found here

After another strike action, this time located in Baltimore, Target team members won a recent NLRB settlement. This comes after their successful removal of a racist STL, who along with management, tried to interrogate and intimidate workers for exercising their rights and taking action. More info on this development can be found here

We should protest corporate for this modernization. Demand who ever designed this program to be fired. It has cost jobs, mental anguish, etc. Fire up the petitions...

Last edited:
u7uio.gif

Sounds like shite, but that's just me.

Unions aren't necessary in retail, in my opinion. I recognize the value of some professions having and being represented by unions, and I'm all for that. But I don't need one here.
Lmao good buy-in hurr!

Unions are for sure needed in retail. We are the 50s/60s/whatever you say automotive/industry of the 21st century. America loves cheap garbage so we need to unionize cheap garbage Target yobs.

Yeah, I'd rather strive for a bigger goal of either changing laws, or pressuring companies to actually value their employees. It exists. There are companies that adequately compensate employees and give them safe working conditions without a union. We should find a new way to work towards that without the antiquated union approach. I see unions as just another middle man. Why do I need to pay someone to ensure my employer is doing what they should? It's treating a symptom rather than fixing the issue.

So you were asked to make a statement about the discrimination, refused, and wrote to the labor board about it? But you are upset about the discrimination? How do you think they fire people? On a whim? You have to make a statement if you want someone disciplined.

And the "settlement" was Target sending you a letter telling you that it wasn't a write up? I wouldn't call that a settlement.

Also, good luck. You just gave us all your real name and location.

Yeah, I'd rather strive for a bigger goal of either changing laws, or pressuring companies to actually value their employees. It exists. There are companies that adequately compensate employees and give them safe working conditions without a union. We should find a new way to work towards that without the antiquated union approach. I see unions as just another middle man. Why do I need to pay someone to ensure my employer is doing what they should? It's treating a symptom rather than fixing the issue.

Aren't you paying the people, the government, to ensure those laws? Upper management doesn't seem to care about self enforcing fire codes. It's only an issue when a store gets fined.

I agree with you to an extent. I don't think working at Kroger, unionized, seems much better than Target.

Well, as a fellow team member at his store, all I can say is “I wish” which is how of many, many, many of his peers feel. The environment he’s created in the store actually rivals the feelings that the old STL created. So many of us are stressed about the nonsense he dreams up and worry about him trying to drag the store (and us along with it) through another issue, real or imagined. (Sorry, but the whole STL thing could’ve been handled through a complaint to corporate. He deliberately chose to get a job at Target to get a foothold so he could push HIS agenda.)

As a co-worker he does his job and I have no complaints about how he works.

As a person, I think he’s obnoxious, untrustworthy, and disingenuous, someone who uses other people’s feelings and problems to push his own agenda; His passion for trying to unionize (yeah, yeah, “worker committee.”) is better suited to places that actually need it.

Well, as a fellow team member at his store, all I can say is “I wish” which is how of many, many, many of his peers feel. The environment he’s created in the store actually rivals the feelings that the old STL created. So many of us are stressed about the nonsense he dreams up and worry about him trying to drag the store (and us along with it) through another issue, real or imagined. (Sorry, but the whole STL thing could’ve been handled through a complaint to corporate. He deliberately chose to get a job at Target to get a foothold so he could push HIS agenda.)

As a co-worker he does his job and I have no complaints about how he works.

As a person, I think he’s obnoxious, untrustworthy, and disingenuous, someone who uses other people’s feelings and problems to push his own agenda; His passion for trying to unionize (yeah, yeah, “worker committee.”) is better suited to places that actually need it.
you know it's bad when you literally don't even have the support of your own store

I said it before and I'll say it again. In my opinion, for all we like to complain about Target, they actually treat us pretty well. Obviously like any retail job there are bad apple managers, but on the whole, we're paid nearly double the national minimum wage, get relatively good benefits, and if you make it past 90 days and show up to work and do your job, you have pretty great job security. Target is not the company to unionize.

What concerns me most about OP is their consistent unwillingness/inability to take feedback.

Last edited:
I worked in healthcare for many years before i hurt my back doing the job and was part of a union. They sucked. Maybe it was that union but they were defintely in the owner of the facility i worked at's pocket. Everytime contract negotiations came around they would hold a meeting trying to convince the employee's to take crappier & crappier deals like less of a % paid towards healthcare or less of a raise by saying its this or nothing.

I dont think retail workers need to unionize. Also i dont want to give up 2-3% to unionize when retail is not guaranteed hours unless your in management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back