Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have two TMs in the backroom tomorrow night, one veteran and one on their first week. I'll be there to help out for a little bit. I was going to drop all the electronics ones this morning, but without knowing if I should, I didn't.

Glad I didn't, reading that it will pull Dcode...I imagine the security batch will pull all the discontinued games?
Unless they fixed that since two years ago yes. I dropped them in electronics two bf's ago and got every movie and game that we had that was dcode.
I ended up pulling all the d-code, and not because of a manual (didn't even have time to drop them). The black Friday $10 video game bin took me 50 minutes to pull.

This time of year, each CAF is taking all hour, every hour (when you account for guest requests, FFs, and the odd break every now and then). Going to 1, 3, 5 would make no difference for my store, I think. We just need more people :(

Only an hour? That makes me so envious! We're at between 2.5 and 3.0 hours (according to the CAF monitor) But two of us can usually get it done without help. GRC2 is usually about 40 minutes! We definitely need more people.. I've been trying to recruit, off of the sales floor, a few that I know can really move.

I went in at 3pm yesterday to help with setup (I usually work 7a) and found out at 5:30 that they had rolled the 11, 1, 2, 3 and 4's without telling anyone. I was soo pissed. I'll literally stop doing everything if CAFs are in trouble.

Early morning had to stay to help with the 12's because the puller came back from lunch at 12:15. He kept up the rest of the day, but that's probably all he did.

This time of year, each CAF is taking all hour, every hour (when you account for guest requests, FFs, and the odd break every now and then). Going to 1, 3, 5 would make no difference for my store, I think. We just need more people :(

Only an hour? That makes me so envious! We're at between 2.5 and 3.0 hours (according to the CAF monitor) But two of us can usually get it done without help. GRC2 is usually about 40 minutes! We definitely need more people.. I've been trying to recruit, off of the sales floor, a few that I know can really move.

I went in at 3pm yesterday to help with setup (I usually work 7a) and found out at 5:30 that they had rolled the 11, 1, 2, 3 and 4's without telling anyone. I was soo pissed. I'll literally stop doing everything if CAFs are in trouble.

Well, they've been at 1:45-2 hours each hour... too much for one person to get done, for sure. We managed to get one seasonal hire, who started out with 40 hours a week (unheard of here). The other new guy, dunno if he's seasonal too--he was hired a little while back--gets 40, too, but keeps calling in because he has another job and he can't handle that many hours... that could be anyone's fault, so who knows. Too bad the days he likes to call in are on Saturdays...

I have a hard cap of 3 days a week, 24 hours because my college classes are extremely demanding. I should probably cut it down to two days, to be honest. And yet I'm scheduled 5 days, 34 hours... the week before finals! "School comes first" my ass.

Came in last night (overnight) to start the autofill. Found out that only one person was scheduled in the backroom on Friday and let 90 percent of the cafs roll over. We did over 1.3 million in sales between Thursday/Friday. What is normally about 12-15 hours of autofills ended up being 51 hours of pulls last night.

We didn't even touch the backstock. Our store is so understaffed they are freely giving away OT.

The electronics autofills took me an hour and a half to pull this morning, usually do them in about 15-20 minutes.

On the bright side, someone took care of the 6 carts of backstock from Black Friday prep! I'd buy them lunch if I knew who it was...

STL dropped the autofill last night to lessen this morning's. It was only four hours and there were 2 of us, but it was all we could do. I told him to leave since he had to be back at 4 this morning. I finished around 9:45.

Today was a disaster of a day in the backroom. Awesome scheduling at my store. It's the Sunday after Thanksgiving and you have only two people for backroom day? You have a 6am to 230pm person and then me which was noon to 730pm. I had to take my lunch at 230pm. When I got back at 3pm, that is when the wheels came off. I had to get a senior team lead to help with the 3pm caf pulls. It took him forever to get back there because the store was ridicuoulsy busy. It simply was not enough. I had about 41 batches for the 3pm caf pulls. I missed 18 of them. For the 4's I missed 9. The 5pm caf pulls took me 2 hours. I finished at 7pm. The goal time for the 5pm caf pulls was 3 hours. Lmao! And I also had my helper say that the weekday backroom person had been complaining about Mondays and how she always has to pull a ton of exfs and pogs because we can't pull them on the weekend . I have no sympathy for that. Work a damn weekend and then maybe we can talk about me helping you out. Until then, shut the fuck up. How can I pull 38 exfs and 6 pogs when I spent 2 hours pulling the 5pm caf pulls?

I was scheduled til 930pm tonight and did no back stock. Way too many flexible fulfillments and 3 pallets of BB02 price change. No time for back stock.

Way too many FFs
Pulls are way too big
Running out of vehicles
Sales Floor stops pushing for whatever reason
Only 2 people scheduled

This sucks
Sounds like my store. 22 hours worth of autofills (a pallet of Toys), two pullers, never ending FFs, no empty carts.

Only 2 pullers? How does that happen during December? Also, FF's are always saved until the first backroom day person (me). I'm glad we're not a heavy FF store >_>

Our entire dayside backroom team are rookie seasonal guys. They are also undertstaffed on top of it. Backroom TL quit back in October and they are waiting until January to fill the spot.

It's pretty bad. Overnight team has to clean up the mess. Come into the line not being set, no empty vehicles to do 15 hours of pulls. By 8 am we have it clean after taking 2 trucks. Come back next day to the same mess.

Pretty sure our overnight backroom team alone is leading the district in OT.

FF is literally taking up (at least!) two hours of my shift every day. The only other people on dayside right now are seasonal hires. It takes them 84 years to find anything out on the salesfloor, so I just tell them to leave the FFs to me.

We have one new guy who is SLOW. Slooooooow. I don't think I have ever seen someone move so slowly. ETL-LOG told me to let him handle the pulls on his own (this was a lighter day... 45 minute CAFs, on average). He couldn't make it, not any hour. So what do I do? Either the pulls roll, or he comes up to me with 15 minutes left and 18 batches in the gun and asks for help. What do I do? Say, "Hey, sorry, but you need to tie your shoes and move faster than a damn snail; I'm not saving you again."?? As I have said so many times to the leadership of my store, I cannot train sense of urgency. You either have it or you don't. If the ETL or BR-TL wants to pull him aside and scare him, they can do that (it won't work), but there's nothing I can do, beyond making sure the pulls don't roll.

This season has been so bad for us. I haven't been able to do any backstock in ages. Not even on Friday or Saturday nights, which is just pathetic. Cardboard used to take me 20 minutes at the end of the night. Two cages, rarely needed to make a bale, because they designated someone on Flow to take care of it before they left. Not anymore. Now it often takes an hour, sometimes even more if it's a truly heinous mess. They used to have Pfresh backstocked every time they got a truck for it. Nope. Now I'm lucky if PRO1 is taken care of. But you can bet I'm expected to have the coolers and freezers backstocked the night before FDC gets here. That means backstocking all the leftovers from the truck push from the previous day, plus whatever has accumulated throughout the day. Oh, and can't forget the dozen+ research batches that are always waiting for me when I get there. That was great to see when I clocked in at 3:30 in the frickin afternoon!!!

These expectations are absurd and are coming from people who have never closed a night in their careers. Frequently, they are coming from people who literally just do two things: Pull the autofills in the morning, and backstock the truck. That's it. Come close a night with me and you'll see how much more I am responsible for. We have people in the morning who aren't even trained on how to make a bale or use the equipment. Such bullshit.

So I've seen a lot of the debate of whether to subt9999 or not....but no one's mentioned how to even do it! I had something today that I knew definitely could not go out...and wish I knew the exact way to do it.

So I've seen a lot of the debate of whether to subt9999 or not....but no one's mentioned how to even do it! I had something today that I knew definitely could not go out...and wish I knew the exact way to do it.
Use subt on pda, scan item, press guest request, scan whatever location you put it in, say you pulled 999, it will ask if you pulled all of it, say no and then it will ask you how many aee left, then type IN how many you put there

It's been posted in a few places, but I'll put it here. (Thanks to @oath2order for posting this in the cosmetics brand thread.)

Toggle to All Applications > SUBT. Follow the on screen instructions, however, when you reach the screen that says "How many did you pull?", type in 9999. The next screen will say "Did you pull all from this location?" Tap the button for "No". Finally, enter how many you put in the location.

Note: Your leaders may not want you to use SUBT9999 because resetting the accumulator when product is needed on the sales floor results in empty shelves and huge research batches. ONLY use SUBT9999 if you are absolutely positive that ALL sales floor locations have been filled to capacity. Also, some believe that using SUBT9999 can result in tons and tons of baffles. This is not true. Baffles are only "created" when pulling batches, not when using SUBT.

Also, some believe that using SUBT9999 can result in tons and tons of baffles. This is not true. Baffles are only "created" when pulling batches, not when using SUBT.

I've had debates about this with my ETL a couple times now and he's hard set on subtracting something from a location that doesn't have the location creates a baffle. My argument is that considering how much I subt9999 (after verifying the SF locs, of course) I should get a shit ton more baffles. Logically, if I pull 2,000 batches a week and only hit 1 baffle, I have to be doing something mostly right..

So you first have to obviously sto the item?
I suggest STOing first unless you really know your way around the backroom. SUBT will not tell you if a item is clearance or on a current MIR. It also won't tell you the fillgroup. Knowing your department numbers and corresponding fill groups helps a lot.

Only certain people in our store are allowed to SUBT999 without STOing first for that reason.

FYI to my knowledge if a item is already located in the backroom and you add to that location you don't need to 9999.

Thanks for the info..also wanted to know if the audit I do everyday hurts BRLA, or if it's just a chance to fix the errors so it doesn't impact BRLA when it's run weekly?

I always thought the audits fix the accuracy since you are correcting mistakes.

I'm pretty sure the audit only affects the audit metric since you're pretty much locu ing.

The audit should be used as a tool to figure out why your accuracy is going down. When the audit takes me to a location and I can easily assess why it took me there, I will pull the location details to figure out who did it. This process works better with baffles than it does with M-deletes, of course. Lets say the audit takes me to a waco in softlines and it has about 15 different types of socks and if your team is anything like the group I work with, those socks probably got stowed under one DPCI. Pulling the report helps me to narrow down and talk to the TM who did it. Most of the time, I just have to give my speech about how flavors, sizes, scents or what ever are all different items and even though they look nearly identical, they have different DPCIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back