Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store back room TMs stay in the backroom and go no where else for any reason. I know a few Backroom TMs and I think it'd be interesting to try at least, I wanna try many other positions in the store as well.

Our backroom tms are getting major hour cuts with end2end. Once your store goes e2e as a bkrm tm you will not get 40 hrs. Our best us getting 23. He makes it up by working market e2e.

Are you doing work 50% ahead? We are doing fill for depth, and it won't replenish until 3 eaches will fit. IMO, there is no point to do 50% ahead because you're pulling the same DPCI too frequently, negatively impacting productivity.

Nope fill for depth

So what's everyone's backroom schedule looking like nowadays? I'm the TL , and on a truck day, it's me 6-230 and a TM 12-4. That means I'm responsible to pull all autofills, pull all research batches, do flexible fufillments, backstock all backline, and stay on top of truck backstock all by myself. I also only have direct communication with my TMs for about 2 hours. I'm working with 85 hours for a 4 truck week. You take my 40 out, and the closing shifts out (7 days, 4 hours per day) that leaves me with about 17 hours to spread around. And our HR had the balls to ask why the BR had gaps in coverage.

Your livin the dream life. First time I've heard of a Backroom TL these days that they actually allow to work in the backroom

Closer leaves at 4pm?

Lol WTF

We have me an another tm. He closes and I open except on his days off

8-430 and 12/1 to 830/930

With flexs, needing to set the like, 5pm cafs, research, bales, flexes, price change, guess pulls and needs to use equipment, plano backstock and more I don't see how anyone got rid of their closer? Who gets blamed if stuff doesn't get done backroom wise with the E2E team? Our SFTMs are so terrible there's no way they could be trusted to hang out in the back

Grids for truck days is something like:

530a-2p TM
6a-230p TL
6a-11a TM
6a-11a TM
8a-430p TM

B volume, 4 trucks a week.

Grids for truck days is something like:

530a-2p TM
6a-230p TL
6a-11a TM
6a-11a TM
8a-430p TM

B volume, 4 trucks a week.
I would kill for that. my truck days are

TL 6a-230P
TM 9a-1p
TM 5p-9p

or

TL 6a-230P
TM 12p-4p
TM 5p-9p

So what's everyone's backroom schedule looking like nowadays? I'm the TL , and on a truck day, it's me 6-230 and a TM 12-4. That means I'm responsible to pull all autofills, pull all research batches, do flexible fufillments, backstock all backline, and stay on top of truck backstock all by myself. I also only have direct communication with my TMs for about 2 hours. I'm working with 85 hours for a 4 truck week. You take my 40 out, and the closing shifts out (7 days, 4 hours per day) that leaves me with about 17 hours to spread around. And our HR had the balls to ask why the BR had gaps in coverage.

You're going to burn yourself out pretty quick if you haven't done so already. That is nuts. The physical and mental toll the BRTL life takes out on you is no joke. I've been doing this for about six years and I'm about ready to hang up the red and khaki.

Your livin the dream life. First time I've heard of a Backroom TL these days that they actually allow to work in the backroom
My BRTL would disagree, since he's basically a one-man backroom team and the department has been completely gutted with no say from him.

Doh, looks like the way manuals are dropped changed. Now the system fills to capacity no matter if the floor needs 1 each or 10 eaches. Bummer.

Doh, looks like the way manuals are dropped changed. Now the system fills to capacity no matter if the floor needs 1 each or 10 eaches. Bummer.

Don't know why the fill sequence was different yesterday, but it's back to normal now.

So I just found out that my store is going to be "freaky" BTC level this year, for the first time since I've been there.

How different is this going to be in terms of incoming freight compared to a normal BTC set? Is it mostly going to be items that we can store in bulk/receiving, or will there be tons of bedding/bath as well? We were struggling for space last year and our ETL-Log (who didn't start until last fall) does not plan on ordering any storage containers.

Basically, you'll now have a bunch of pallets on the floor to stage product. You'll get more stuff, but it'll go to the floor on these pallets.

We also have a small backroom, but I doubt we are going to be a ultra super freaky store if we were just regular BTC last year. It's not like a college campus just opened up next door or anything.

I'm hoping if we get too much freight to handle, that it happens soon (before the cutoff to order containers) and the ETL can see the problem and can be convinced that we need them.

We're already getting it in. Futons, rugs, stupid sit up in bed pillows.

So we're implementing a change I already don't like. We're cutting the backroom closing shift. Now, all that we'll be having is an opener from 8-4:30 and a mid from 12:30-9, with a different person scheduled under Order Pickup from 8pm-12am to deal with SPUs, Get for Guests and will be tagging Softlines items during downtime (Yuk!). We've been leaving backstock for overnight pretty much every night for the last week, and that's with having a closer until 11:15pm. How the hell do you expect us to come clean without a closer? It will definitely crash and burn as soon as BTS goes into full swing.

Lol our backroom is pretty much gone by noon. We have a closing TLOD every day who is responsible for pulling CAFs and checking SPUs after SFS leaves. Salesfloor TMs backstock their own stuff and the TLOD sets the line at the end of the night.

I actually kind of like it so far, except for the part where they tank our SPU fulfillment and picked on time scores.

Lol our backroom is pretty much gone by noon. We have a closing TLOD every day who is responsible for pulling CAFs and checking SPUs after SFS leaves. Salesfloor TMs backstock their own stuff and the TLOD sets the line at the end of the night.

I actually kind of like it so far, except for the part where they tank our SPU fulfillment and picked on time scores.
That alone seems to be a need to have a BRTM there. Out ETL-LOG told us that that affect his bonus so he fought to have a closer.

The real problem is that our store is AA volume now bordering on the next tier (AA+? AAA?), so we really do need the three shifts. Hell, we really need 4, but we can get by with 3. With three shifts, we're operating on the same amount of hours this time of year as we did when we were just A+. Sales are up drastically meaning a sharp incline in our workload, but hours aren't keeping up and the backroom is really struggling because of it. Last night we only had two Overnight Backroom TMs, so there was about 18 vehicles of backstock and 6 pallets of blackline left when the morning TM came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back