Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built every stroller, every pack-n-play, and all the high chairs/bouncers except four. I had a half day of help one day from one of our young guys. Needless to say I'm glad the dtl didn't walk that transition with me. Pptl is probably happier cause I'd have tossed her ass under the bus and hit the gas....

Lol, I would have too.. But our signing person needed help, and I like building stuff so a win/win..

The hours were given to soft lines this time round. I haven't heard if this was a mistake or a permanent change.

Of course in my store no one noticed this until late last week and they are now scrambling since soft lines doesn't have enough people who know how to set gondolas and the POG team has no hours to help.

I caught it a few weeks back and was able to get my stl to allocate the hours to POG instead of softlines. Now that label workload increase for this week is what I missed communicating early about... -_-

How do you guys tie cosmetics? Is there a reference for that way?

We had been tying based on the 4ft basedeck count not the little clear shelf section, but a newer pog tm had done it different. Little shelf section makes more sense but pptl got that heartburn look...

How do you guys tie cosmetics? Is there a reference for that way?

We had been tying based on the 4ft basedeck count not the little clear shelf section, but a newer pog tm had done it different. Little shelf section makes more sense but pptl got that heartburn look...

We tie to the actual 4 foot physical section. If it starts at the end of the aisle (in a reverse aisle) and runs to the right, we tie into section 6. I mean, if it's a six section aisle. Alternatively, you'd be tying into section 24.

I've seen both ways. It really doesn't matter.

We do ours by 4ft section. I was going to suggest doing it by 1ft but my TL can't see anything beyond what's in front of her so I never said anything. Though we still set it wrong and probably always will until a new TL ever cones in and see how we set it.

As it said in the set up manual when we first set the new 1 ft lighted fixtures. You always tie as standard. And you count each 1 ft section. So if your Pog sets on a reverse run and it is a 24ft plano you tie in section 24.
Hoping this is the giant wad of papers I hung onto when I took over.

I was told they always set standard.

Even more fun is if you have a long back wall section of cosmetics, then you can have sections into the 50s!

My store always ties to the one foot section. For example a "reverse" aisle that has 3 POGs might be tied to sections 24, 20, and 4 all standard and flowing toward the main aisle from the tied section.

I've talked to a lot of PTLs that do cosmetics "standard" but some still lead in with section 1 at the main aisle, then 2 etc, instead of starting at the end of the aisle and having the product flow correctly.

Even more fun is if you have a long back wall section of cosmetics, then you can have sections into the 50s!

My store always ties to the one foot section. For example a "reverse" aisle that has 3 POGs might be tied to sections 24, 20, and 4 all standard and flowing toward the main aisle from the tied section.

I've talked to a lot of PTLs that do cosmetics "standard" but some still lead in with section 1 at the main aisle, then 2 etc, instead of starting at the end of the aisle and having the product flow correctly.
The PPTL that always start at the lead in are setting wrong.

The PPTL that always start at the lead in are setting wrong.

We do ours like that. We tie everything in Standard. Lead with planograms on section 1 on Reverse aisles so the planograms as a whole lead in Reverse, but labels of the 1ft sections are put in Standard. Honestly I don't think no one besides me knows we set it wrong. My TL doesn't seem to like to be challenged so I don't even attempt to tell her it's all wrong on reverse aisles.

We do ours like that. We tie everything in Standard. Lead with planograms on section 1 on Reverse aisles so the planograms as a whole lead in Reverse, but labels of the 1ft sections are put in Standard. Honestly I don't think no one besides me knows we set it wrong. My TL doesn't seem to like to be challenged so I don't even attempt to tell her it's all wrong on reverse aisles.
Ours flow left to right when facing them, both aisle sides, not leading from section one.

Have yet to hear back about it concretely. But our back wall is long and probably is over/around 50 sections.

Has anyone else been getting duplicate label strips sent to them? This is the second week in a row that I've received duplicate revision label strips. Also, instead of them sending us the new label strips for the One Spot transition next week, we were sent the ones from June!

I sent a my surport for the one spot label issue on Monday. They replied ( sorry new correct labels will be sent by 9/4)

Has anyone else been getting duplicate label strips sent to them? This is the second week in a row that I've received duplicate revision label strips. Also, instead of them sending us the new label strips for the One Spot transition next week, we were sent the ones from June!
We were sent the ones from June, too.

I don't know what these people who make the planograms in HQ are thinking but we have had so much NOP back stock of shoes it's not even funny. Like 3 or 4 tubs FULL of NOP. Like stuff we just set and pushed in like June or July

I don't know what these people who make the planograms in HQ are thinking but we have had so much NOP back stock of shoes it's not even funny. Like 3 or 4 tubs FULL of NOP. Like stuff we just set and pushed in like June or July

We have 200 markdowns in shoes again tomorrow. Maybe some of your NOP will go clearance tomorrow. I was so pissed when I saw that. We just had way too much shoe clearance we finally salvaged out and now this.

We had an 8/2 set of POG labels in the middle of our 9/6s.... was so very random and weird.

As long as people can push the product it doesn't really matter.
Mine's "wrong" and i would probably be super annoyed if one of my team members challenged it. It's been set the same way for over a year (and my last etl-logistics never said anything about it and she had tons of target experience).
Just saying...

Anyone have a really challenging week this week? I feel like the hours from when we forecasted to the actual week were higher.
How many hours did you all get to set Star Wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back