Archived The "my store is NOT a disaster" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can't be bad everywhere! Some stores have to be performing well despite the exceedingly frequent daily challenges we all encounter. Post here if working at Spot isn't that bad!

Attachments

• IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 175
My store is super busy but I had a team member come from another store that said she was impressed by how well we managed to work in such a high volume store compared to hers, which is about an hour away and quite low volume. We had every lane open to keep lines down. Made me feel proud about my store. :) the guest after her complimented our VML. I ended up telling him after I got off the lane and it made his day that he was memorable to a guest he hardly interacted with! I don't realise how bad other ones are cos I don't work in them, but although sometimes I get frustrated, I know I have a store at the top in the district.

Does it count if my store is kind of a disaster, but way less so than it was last year?

Post here if working at Spot isn't that bad!
Also, regardless of how bad or good my store is being run, I really don't mind working there. I almost like it better when it's a total shitshow because there's always something to do and I'll usually end up getting some overtime out of it.

My store is actually in pretty great shape, the Monday after black Friday it was back to normal. Busy with spu's but store looked great. Now we're working on ptming mini/seasonal. So far we have about half of it out. End of week we should be near empty. Hopefully...

We missed sales goals for Black Friday by an amount that honestly kind of freaked me out. But the other day I found out that nearly a week later we exceeded sales goals for a normal day by nearly the amount we missed BF goals by (wow...that sounded confusing!)

it made me feel like our day-to-day stuff IS improving- they just had outrageous goals for BF with high competition and lackluster deals.

Plus, 99% of our TL's and ETL's are killer- genuinely awesome people who are always willing to help out and exchange ideas. I feel like I can be myself around the vast majority of leadership and express honest opinions about work processes, which I think is awesome.

In my store people actually pick up the abandon stuff during the day. People don't put up with lazy people and extremely vocal about it. We had our store back to normal by the end of the week after thanksgiving.

We missed sales goals for Black Friday by an amount that honestly kind of freaked me out. But the other day I found out that nearly a week later we exceeded sales goals for a normal day by nearly the amount we missed BF goals by (wow...that sounded confusing!)

it made me feel like our day-to-day stuff IS improving- they just had outrageous goals for BF with high competition and lackluster deals.

Plus, 99% of our TL's and ETL's are killer- genuinely awesome people who are always willing to help out and exchange ideas. I feel like I can be myself around the vast majority of leadership and express honest opinions about work processes, which I think is awesome.
I was talking to my stl about the unreal numbers they expected us to get. I guess it was a known thing that they set it really high just hoping we'd get the numbers. Cyber Mondays sales goals we really high, with some pretty crappy deals

Also, regardless of how bad or good my store is being run, I really don't mind working there. I almost like it better when it's a total shitshow because there's always something to do an

I describe my store as organized chaos.

This is how I felt about black friday, when things are crazy just doing your best is good enough.

Our store has fairly good leadership and our STL is a rock star, he let me sell a display tree to a guest I really liked. Best thing about my store is everyone gets along well.

We have three extremely annoying TMs including a cart attendant who if you ignore him in the break room he starts talks to himself. People unify in ragging on him but I do love him and our annoying reciever girl with ADD. They drive me up a wall but darn it they are my team members.

Our store has massively improved over the years I've been working there. Been through nearly 10 STLs and I really hope we keep the one we have now. Not often you get someone in charge that leads by example (works just as hard on the floor as the team) and makes sure that the team knows how appreciated they are. Also I'm at the point where if my TL leadership bails I'm heading for the door with them. SL has never run so efficiently and while some of our seasonals don't care as much about the business as we'd like, our core team really does care. Nice to work with people who have your back on a daily basis.

We'd thought we'd missed goal on thanksgiving 6-12, but after SFS numbers came in, we absolutely crushed it. We ended up doing the highest $ sales in our district and the monday after our HRBP, DTL, and GVP came in and were shocked at how put together our store was. All facets of the store, minus SFS which was putting up insane numbers, were operating as if it were a normal day. Its amazing to see what our team has become compared to last holiday.

Our ETL-LOG, ETL-SF, and STL are amazing. My fellow TLs are amazing. My team (with a couple exceptions :p) is amazing.

I would like to contribute something positive about my store, but alas, at this time, I am unable too, lol

I know the feeling.. We finally got two containers so maybe just maybe we can move some of the crap the DC keeps dumping on us. Literally every other truck is a double, triple if you could C&S on top of it.. We are so fucked.. Our backroom does not have one inch of room to stuff anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back