I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

So I had a seasonal today giddily handing out the Redcard app brochures like they were detailed info packets. That's..... that's not a thing that actually happens, right? I've worked here for two years but I saw that and I'm like "wait, is that even allowed? What the hell did I just witness?" so I didn't touch it because I was so baffled.

Have them hand out the smaller ones instead...they explain all of the benefits and such without all the legal jumbo jumbo. We aren't supposed to give out the apps if the guest doesn't apply, but I'm sure one or two getting out on occasion won't hurt anything.

Have them hand out the smaller ones instead...they explain all of the benefits and such without all the legal jumbo jumbo. We aren't supposed to give out the apps if the guest doesn't apply, but I'm sure one or two getting out on occasion won't hurt anything.
Okay, yeah, that's what I thought. I'm probably going to have to hunt those smaller guys down... our store stole them all away to place the recruitment flyers for seasonal in that same spot on the register. But, man, weird thing to just be like .... "has this kid stumbled on something that I'd never thought of?" Turns out, no, he didn't.

That's nuts. My store is A or A+, and our goal last week was only 121 and we were almost 30 short on Saturday night. I haven't been in since then so I'm not sure what our goal is for the week or how far behind we are, but I'm sure I'll find out as soon as I go in tonight...

What was your store's goal back in September? My old store's goal was 75 as of the end of September. Can't imagine a goal over 100, and forget over 200!

We have a couple of TMs who will walk the floor with the smaller brochure. If they see someone with a large basket, they go in the for the kill. LOL IT actually works most times.

Your store has hours for that? Great idea, but can't imagine having the extra hours for that.

Your store has hours for that? Great idea, but can't imagine having the extra hours for that.
Well, this isn't year-round. It's only been lately with all the extra seasonal cashiers working and such. Our goal was 160 2 weeks ago. We're going up to 290 next week so we're trying everything we can to get those apps.

Well, this isn't year-round. It's only been lately with all the extra seasonal cashiers working and such. Our goal was 160 2 weeks ago. We're going up to 290 next week so we're trying everything we can to get those apps.

Like I said, a good idea. It's mind boggling, though. I know my store wasn't getting anywhere that many last Christmas so I can't imagine them doing those kind of numbers this season.

Wondering if those are the actual goals or STLs & ETLs trying to play catch up from past weeks when goals were missed to protect their bonuses.

I'm feeling glad to have recently finished my time with Spot.

The other day I had just stared work on my lane and my GSTL came up to me and was like " Just so you know we are doing coachings if you are caught not asking for red cards" I wasn't even there for 5 minuets, I am waiting for the day that they coach me on not asking for red cards, Then I can tell them how I really feel and leave, essentially accusing me of not doing my job, because I do ask :(

It seriously sucks, especially lately since our store has consistently been below goal for the past month. As of today we need another 84 redcards to make goal, and that's not gonna happen. The problem is that I know that most of our cashiers ask every single guest and are just having bad luck, but we definitely do have cashiers that just can't be bothered asking and because of that we have had to resort to coaching for not asking. It's shitty and I hate having tell that to these cashiers in their one-minute huddle, but with the ETL-GE breathing down my neck and corporate upping the Red Card goal weekly we have no choice. It really is the worst part of the job, but it's still part of the job. My ETL has resorted to walking around the cashiers sneekily when he makes his way to the front, and he pulls aside anyone that he doesn't hear ask. It's making cashiers dread days where he's in the store.

I'm in almost the same boat. My GSTL and I went over the cashier scores today and they were openly mulling the thought of giving everyone who ends a week with 0 apps a coaching. I practically went pale. Then I see the other GSAs be super aggressive about apps on the cashiers and I feel like that's just turning people off even though it's a pretty urgent situation. Of course, I'm probably a bit too chill because I think the best results come out when no one's stressing about it so I'm, like, resolving to never stress about Redcards in front of these cashiers unless they're being a super fuckup about it (and we definitely have a couple of those types...)

Our cashiers get coached when they don't get any redcards for the week. My GSTL hates to do it and really only does it if the ETL is on his back. But it really sucks.

Yeah, we've been doing this thing where if a cashier doesn't get 2 Red Cards in their shift they have to speak to the LOD at the end of their shift to go over why they didn't get them. It's a ridiculous scare tactic, it just adds stress to everyone's lives, and wastes the LOD's time.

Don't they realize that at a certain point they will reach a saturation point/ After that there will still be a trickle...

Don't they realize that at a certain point they will reach a saturation point/ After that there will still be a trickle...
Few stores are close to that. You have to be close to a 50% penetration rate like one store in my district was for a while before they would even consider it over saturation. Even then, I'm not sure that would be enough.

I don't mind doing my spiel. But some guests hate it. I got 3 the other day.But there is alady that works with us that gets 5 a day. We
cant figure out how she does it.

Our store has an older cashier, and he consistently get 5+ per shift. The reason is pretty simple; he is the nicest person I have ever met, and he tries to remember every single guests' name. He asks for almost everyone's name, and commits it to memory. He recognizes probably 7/10 of the people that go through his line and greets them by name. He gets such an insane amount of guest comment cards its ridiculous. He is by far my favorite cashier to work with.

Wow! She's a very nice older lady and can be seen talking earnestly to the guests. She has the most caring expression. Could it be that simple?
Of course!

How does a backroom TM get credit for the Red card when it's entered by a cashier? The night before Black Friday, I was doing Flex fulfillment when a guest asked me a question about a few door busters that had been grabbed up seconds after opening. I helped her find secondary gifts then suggested she get a Redcard to help lower the prices even more. No, I am not cashier trained, but I handed her off to a TM that had been setup just to do Redcard. How do I get the credit?

You don't. The person who did the transaction gets the credit in the long run. But in the long run, they need it more than you do, so thank you from them.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, didn't want to read thru this whole thread. If I make a purchase using my target debit card and want to return the item, does it have to go back to my checking acct or can I get it on a gift card.

How does a backroom TM get credit for the Red card when it's entered by a cashier? The night before Black Friday, I was doing Flex fulfillment when a guest asked me a question about a few door busters that had been grabbed up seconds after opening. I helped her find secondary gifts then suggested she get a Redcard to help lower the prices even more. No, I am not cashier trained, but I handed her off to a TM that had been setup just to do Redcard. How do I get the credit?
I always make sure the GSA/TL knows that a floor team member brought the guest up and I just closed the transaction for the TM. Said TM then gets a shout-out on the walkie. Like Retail Girl said, I ultimately get the credit on my metrics, but if we get something like $5 or $10 requisition, I make sure that the GSA/TL knows that the floor TM should get it instead.

Back