I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

At my store no one is getting redcards but they really aren't saying anything anymore except at least you are trying.... It seems awfully weird though this one guy gets redcards everyday like 10 a day in the past he would give them a free popcorn at food avenue but then one of the ETLs yelled at him saying that's not allowed so he stopped I still wonder if he's doing something shady because getting 10 a day is shady and the way he always brags like I got 10 today and all the GSTLs are hi fiving him left and right. I mean eventually AP will catch on if indeed he is doing something shady but it's just weird how he gets 10 a day....

Unless he's signing up all his FB friends & has a large family, your AP is probably already doing an internal.
We had a guy years ago who always got red cards by doing two things: he had a buddy who worked across the parking lot at another store who'd come in & apply repeatedly because his credit was already crap but he was ultimately termed for also doing fraudulent credit apps.

That makes sense actually or friends of friends saying hey I am working at x til x make sure you come by and sign up for a red card and boom he gets tons of red cards for that day. I wonder if you can make up pretend social security numbers and get redcards I mean as long as they have a id he could totally be bypassing the system that way too...... Either way AP will eventually catch up too him they do watch everything.

I wonder if you can make up pretend social security numbers and get redcards I mean as long as they have a id he could totally be bypassing the system that way too...... Either way AP will eventually catch up too him they do watch everything.
People at my store did that and got in trouble. They eventually ended up quitting, but I think they were on a last warning at that point.

We had a seasonal who would get 6-12 red cards in a week and they hired her on perma. Eventually they were basically like "ayyy you're doing a great job but....you're not offering any other incentives or anything right?" Damn son was she pretty mad about it, she felt hella insulted that implied she was being shady.

She actually pushes them hard. Lady should be selling cars not cards. Warms me heart it does. All the cards she gets takes attention from all the cards I don't get or even ask to get.

We had a seasonal who would get 6-12 red cards in a week and they hired her on perma. Eventually they were basically like "ayyy you're doing a great job but....you're not offering any other incentives or anything right?" Damn son was she pretty mad about it, she felt hella insulted that implied she was being shady.

She actually pushes them hard. Lady should be selling cars not cards. Warms me heart it does. All the cards she gets takes attention from all the cards I don't get or even ask to get.

Opposite at my store. "X got 6 cards yesterday, you should get at least 2 today."

Slightly off topic but how long does it take for it to arrive?? Long story short but my card got destroyed and had to order a new one now normally with banking cards it takes about a week so I didn't hear anything and I called them up and they said it would take 2 weeks ( somehow that seems off) should it take that long for a card??

Slightly off topic but how long does it take for it to arrive?? Long story short but my card got destroyed and had to order a new one now normally with banking cards it takes about a week so I didn't hear anything and I called them up and they said it would take 2 weeks ( somehow that seems off) should it take that long for a card??
2 weeks is correct.

The way some cashiers come on so strong about it is so off putting! I was always very corny with how I asked depending on the "vibe" I got from the guest. I always made it seem like such a no brainer as to why they should have it. I say something like "wow that is a lot of stuff... I am sure you are saving 5% right?" than I'd go into my spiel. In a very weird way... I kind of miss it. :D

Yup, our store as well. I was ready to hold a front end math huddle to help our cashiers figure out 5%. Hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow. On some of the large amounts I was trying to have our cashiers enter coupons in $5 increments so that we as GSTL's didn't have to override every single one.
figuring out 5% is pretty easy. I think. just move the decimal over a place and divide by 2.

In the news today:

"Another change in the pipeline: a simplified loyalty program aimed at attracting more customers than currently take part in Target's coupon app Cartwheel or REDCard credit and debit card. Target has been testing a separate program called REDPerks in North Carolina that rewards customers based on a point system for dollars spent."

Makes sense. My GSTL and I were talking about this very same thing the other day. We would have no problem with metrics with this plan.

Morning huddle has become laughable. More than half the time is spent talking redcards. One person will talk, then the next person will say, "I want to piggyback about what she just said about redcards." Then the next person will say the same damn thing and use the word piggyback.

One morning this week, I heard the term "piggyback" five times at huddle about redcards.

If they are so damn important, why let people shop without one? Just make it mandatory like at Sam's or Costco.

We are more than 100 behind our forecast for the year already. People are starting to get panicked. But I don't see us pulling out of this hole. Our goal this see is in the 70s and as of today, we only had 20.

Last edited:
We've got fifteen on a goal of like fifty. Only two when i went home for the day...oh well.

I'm closing GSA tomorrow night. Pressure!
Ugh, I feel bad for you. The closing GSA has to magically make 3 days worth of bullseyes appear during her/his saturday closing shift. As a cashier/GSTM I try my hardest to get stupid red cards. I know that we are super behind this week, we were closed Sunday so we lost one day for red cards and one day our red card application system was down for a few hours.

Back