I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

Tonight I came into work ( I was off for lack off hrs) and they told me they had new rules. I was thinking oh lord new rules..... We recently got a new ETL for the front and I heard he was kinda strict but this was insane.... They said he said you need to get at least 3 but 2 is okay and if you don't automatic coaching and the GSA said he coached people the previous night so he really isn't joking. I mean previously we had talks with a GSA before our shift ended like try harder you might get written up but honestly they were idle threats.... However this time it's real :( I mean I luckily I did get 2 redcards today but who knows about the next day or the next day after that......I've gotten to point where I say if they want to coach me go ahead....... I honestly tried but sometimes there are those days ( I have had them) where I can only get one and now they are going to hold it against me because I didn't get two?? Or I didn't get any at all?? Believe it or not there people who already have redcards o_O or there are the people who don't carry checks so I can't help that and if they don't want to sign up for a credit card I can't exactly force them:(:(.

:eek:wow! That's awful! Our ETL-GE is making us (GSAs) fill out forms every shift about cashiers asking for RedCards. He wants us to hide and spy on cashiers to make sure they ask every guest. Also, they can't just ask they are pretty much required to do a hard sell.

Wow that's literally insane. That's snitching and no one likes snitches......... I mean of course you could lie and say you heard them say they asked but still that's wrong!! I swear ETLS and the crazy ruleso_O

I got a break today our etl wasn't in today ( I didn't get any red cards) and it honestly was so busy the gsa's really didn't care who got what so everyone got a break today now that's today tomorrow is a totally different story.. Hopefully I'll get some red cards but knowing how dead it is on Memorial Day I'm not feeling very hopeful.. Not saying there's a chance but it's also very very slim. I'll turn up my red card pep!!

I was looking at something tonight and found out that every single store in our district is red YTD. And most were red last week too, except we were green! Also we are the second lowest from goal for YTD. Some stores in our district have close to -400 YTD but we're not even close to -200 YTD.

I was looking at something tonight and found out that every single store in our district is red YTD. And most were red last week too, except we were green! Also we are the second lowest from goal for YTD. Some stores in our district have close to -400 YTD but we're not even close to -200 YTD.

I'd love to see this list bc I hear, on the daily, that we are in the red, we are lowest in the district, yada yada yada.

NCR, where do I find that info? I'm still filling out forms and talking to the cashiers. They want to pull cashiers off stage and coach them. How will that make them have the type of energy it takes to provide 4-8 hours of FFF checkouts? It takes positive energy to sell REDCards. If I got chewed out offstage I couldn't do it! Please, let me know what is working for those of you that are meeting your goals! I want to meet our goals, but I don't want to lose our cashiers that are so loved by our guests.

NCR, where do I find that info? I'm still filling out forms and talking to the cashiers. They want to pull cashiers off stage and coach them. How will that make them have the type of energy it takes to provide 4-8 hours of FFF checkouts? It takes positive energy to sell REDCards. If I got chewed out offstage I couldn't do it! Please, let me know what is working for those of you that are meeting your goals! I want to meet our goals, but I don't want to lose our cashiers that are so loved by our guests.
@defang, where is the red card report, please.

Performance management shouldn't be a negative thing. If you are genuinely working with your team members to improve on something rather than singling them out and chastising them because they didn't get any Redcards today, they shouldn't leave your meeting without enough energy to be a FFF cashier for 4-8 hours.

Performance management shouldn't be a negative thing. If you are genuinely working with your team members to improve on something rather than singling them out and chastising them because they didn't get any Redcards today, they shouldn't leave your meeting without enough energy to be a FFF cashier for 4-8 hours.

This. Coaching is supposed to help team members, not demoralize them. If only upper leadership understood this...

so I'm a GSA at a target, and we've been struggling to get RC's. I was wondering how any other GSAs GSTLs LODs ETLs STLS or any cashiers have any ideas or tips to help make Getting RCs fun

One thing that I've been dealing with is when I ask a guest if they'd like to get a Red Card and they then tell me that they already have one.....and I signed up with you!

If this isn't an awkward situation I don't know what is!!

Our store penetration rate is 25-29%.....until the rate is 100% then we don't have enough Red Cards.

So, our HR-ETL was bragging to me about signing a very young girl up for a REDCard. She thought it was really funny that the girl did not really understand what she was signing up for. I was appalled. She said not to worry about it that it would help her build her credit.
Several days later she was berating the cashiers and the guest service TMs. She said that she got one earlier so there was no excuse for them not getting one. She had a friend from college (they just graduated) come in specifically to sign up with her.
She's a twit. Stay tuned...

The other day the GSA announces on the walkie that the EIT (a male) will wear a dress if we hit redcard goal. I was in TSC and immediately said out loud that this is not something we should be doing. My HR ETL came around the corner immediately saying "yea, no way is that ok" and got on her walkie to talk to the GSA.
:confused:
Fricking corporate pushing these redcard goals is going to eventually blow up in their face at some point.

The other day the GSA announces on the walkie that the EIT (a male) will wear a dress sokdTwe hit redcard goal. I was in TSC and immediately said out loud that this is not something we should be doing. My HR ETL came around the corner immediately saying "yea, no way is that ok" and got on her walkie to talk to the GSA.
:confused:
Fricking corporate pushing these redcard goals is going to eventually blow up in their face at some point.

Gee, all my store did was have an ETL dress as a fish. BFG! Like we're in grade school and the principal dressed in a costume cuz we sold enough candy bars or something.

Maybe treat TMs like adults?

Back