I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

A nice pie in the face would be okay ( well maybe not lol) perhaps wearing silly outfit big sunglasses silly shirt something like that.... Dress definitely not okay. My store has kinda cooled on the redcards I mean yes we have to get them and they supposedly want us to give a big speech to GSTL if we didn't get a redcard but but they cooled off on that a bit ( for now) but I am sure it'll start back up once we take a giant nose dive in redcards.

Last edited:
I got my 200th REDcard today and 11 total in an 8 our shift, broke my old which was 9, 200 Redcards in 3 months, whats the most anyone else has got and how do you get them

So, our HR-ETL was bragging to me about signing a very young girl up for a REDCard. She thought it was really funny that the girl did not really understand what she was signing up for. I was appalled. She said not to worry about it that it would help her build her credit.
Several days later she was berating the cashiers and the guest service TMs. She said that she got one earlier so there was no excuse for them not getting one. She had a friend from college (they just graduated) come in specifically to sign up with her.
She's a twit. Stay tuned...
So tonight she gets a REDCard and once again she brags, "...and I didn't even tell him what it was. Ha ha ha."
She said she just asked, "Do you want to save 5%? Would you be willing to just answer a few questions?"
She said he had to pick which card he wanted so he knew what he was doing. I asked, "Don't we need to make sure people know what they're signing up for?" She said they do know because they have to choose which kind of card. I told her to be careful that TMs have lost their jobs over shady practices like thst. Even ETLs are at risk esp if a guest claims they were misinformed. I'm seeing a pattern with her. It's troubling. The pressure to get RedCards is increasing but I think she's either crossed a line or is about to.

Got my first one in a while today, helping a lady get a debit card with a check and paper ID that expired a month ago. Part of me was hesitant because we've been told to not use temporary IDs for returns, but her and I have talked a few times in the past so it wasn't some rando. And if it gets any of the leadership off of my back, even better. And if it ends up being the thing that does me in at this store, I'm almost totally okay with it. Morale has been so bad since we got a new GSTL; they're badgering as hell and sets the whole team up for failure with unrealistic daily goals and then every app turns into "okay but we need way more so this isn't good" and, surprise, no one really wants to try anymore. I don't even have the motivation to hound the cashiers on it because I know this GSTL is doing the work of four people when it comes to harassing them.

Uuuughhhhhhh.

I always loved the people who got mad that they signed up for a credit or debit card! It ISNT my fault you weren't paying attention when I TOLD you it was a credit or debit card!

I hardly even mention it anymore. I've had so many guests get annoyed and upset at just the sheer mention of the Redcard. A lot of guests are coming in for just menial things, there's no point on riding their asses about it. I get it, it drives loyalty, increases basket/penis size, yadda yadda yadda. Frankly I'm tired of hounding every single person for a card that at times is more of a pain than actually beneficial to the guest. And yes, I get we're a business. We're here to make money, not hold hands and sing Kumbaya at huddle. But I'm not going to pester, swindle, misinform, or just straight up lie to guests just so we can get the chance to bring them back in. If I'm going to drive loyalty, I'd rather just be friendly, assist them in whatever way I can, and get them out in a swift and timely fashion.

Forgive me for ranting, I just don't believe in bending my guests over the belt and giving them my 5% over an absurd card unless they're actually interested.

what do you mean we dont sing kumbaya at the huddle

got a cashier shift in 20 min and im just here to mentally prepare myself for red card hell

We have a GSA that goes through the COMPLETE speil each and every time with every guest. I've heard it so many times I about have it memorized. After the guest says no to the initial question, he then goes on to the cartwheel lecture. After that, he goes into the survey speech.

One could say he's doing a great job.

We have a GSA that goes through the COMPLETE speil each and every time with every guest. I've heard it so many times I about have it memorized. After the guest says no to the initial question, he then goes on to the cartwheel lecture. After that, he goes into the survey speech.

Perspective is everything, some say.

I myself am more prone to pimping Cartwheel. This past Sunday, I had a woman in my line and I'd been asking guests if they have Cartwheel because of the great deals going on that day. She had literally no idea what I was talking about, so I pulled out my phone and scanned it. I had the deals already tacked on (she bought a lot of the same kind of stuff I wanted to that day), and I saved her $40. I'd just rather hook them with Cartwheel, and subtly mention that you can tack on coupons and a Redcard altogether if they're excited enough.

Kartman: 296416 said:

Ah, leading by example.

As would I...

FUCK a goddamn red card.

I have one, and I still say FUCK a red card.

:)

And here's something irritating: in the off event my store has a "prize contest" for getting RCs, 9/10 they will forget to give you the promised requistioned items (usually snack/drink under $3) if you do get one.

And here's something irritating: in the off event my store has a "prize contest" for getting RCs, 9/10 they will forget to give you the promised requistioned items (usually snack/drink under $3) if you do get one.

I never had THAT problem...no way I would let them 'forget'.

1. Don't do this, ESPECIALLY right next to guest services where guests can see it
2. Who the FUCK would want that prize?

En1QorW.jpg

Back