Archived The true impact of shrink

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the record ANY, and I mean ANY frozen/fridge items that are found anywhere other than the pfresh fridge/freezer are defected at my store. no exceptions. we don't know where it's been. even if like milk found like in a soda fridge at the front end. we just don't know, and plus we don't know how long it will take market to get up for reshop.

It's a mindless policy. What do you mean, you "don't know where it's been." If it's unopened and still cold, it's a sellable product. How is that different than if it were a box of cereal? Of course, I still go by the policy of defecting the items, but logically speaking, it's a fucking waste.

You say still cold, but what if it's just cold again? It's not mindless, its safety. Temp zones exist for reasons.
]

It's mindless because there's a lack of consideration for the circumstance. How would something be "cold again" if a guest is checking out, and suddenly realises they forgot their wallet, and thus leave their cart at the lanes. Clearly the merchandise was selected, and brought to the lanes to be purchased....but they weren't. The items aren't suddenly bad and it's foolish to say that. Target's policy on this is mindless on purpose for the sake on consistency. Doesn't mean it's not also stupid.

I suppose I'm limiting to finding items still in coolers, but different areas. I will agree in the circumstance you mentioned. Suppose I should've been more specific.

I suppose I'm limiting to finding items still in coolers, but different areas. I will agree in the circumstance you mentioned. Suppose I should've been more specific.

It's just weird, because Target is the only place I've been that does this. Other grocery stores just make someone run perishable items back as soon as they are no longer wanted. Of course stuff found on random warm shelves, different rules apply. I just don't agree with Target's lack of consideration for situational cases. In my store, we don't even donate the stuff as far as I know. It becomes trash.

After seeing a guest go around the store for hours before watching her swap out her milk for a 'fresh' one, I'd pull it.
When in doubt, defect it out.

It's a mindless policy. What do you mean, you "don't know where it's been." If it's unopened and still cold, it's a sellable product. How is that different than if it were a box of cereal? Of course, I still go by the policy of defecting the items, but logically speaking, it's a fucking waste.
Someone grabs milk and realizes C9 is 20% off, and so are shoes, and whatever else and goes shopping over there for 2 hours. They realize they've had milk for 2 hours and it isn't quite cold anymore and just drop it in a random fridge and grab a new one. You still want to sell that milk? Would you, personally, buy that milk still? It's cold (again) when you find it and all.

Last edited:
Someone grabs milk and realizes C9 is 20% off, and so are shoes, and whatever else and goes shopping over there for 2 hours. They realize they've had milk for 2 hours and it isn't quite cold anymore and just drop it in a random fridge and grab a new one. You still want to sell that milk? Would you, personally, buy that milk still? It's cold (again) when you find it and all.
Milk doesn't go bad in 2 hours. It won't even hit room temperature assuming it was cold before

Milk doesn't go bad in 2 hours. It won't even hit room temperature assuming it was cold before
Fine then, 4 hours, 6 hours? What if it's a frozen item and not milk or it's something else entirely? The point is that unless you go on camera and follow that item around the entire time, you don't know how long it's been out and it could have been 12 hours or 36 hours for all you know before someone tossed it back in a cooler so that you can find your still/again cold item. Toss it.

Same guidelines apply to every food institution I've ever worked at: fast food, grocery stores, coffee shops, bars, restaurants/diners, etc.
Missed gallons are likely the reason why we've gotten a bad one occasionally.

Anybody who has worked in a restaurant understands temp guidelines and how pissed off the manager is going to get when some idiot leaves a crate of milk out for a couple of hours.
It goes down the drain in any reputable place.

But....how on earth would you even know? Like I said before, the policy is mindless on purpose so it doesn't have to rely on people making judgment calls. I trust MY judgments, but I wouldn't trust fucktarded fucktards like JB to have good judgment. There's no argument to whether or not food gets wasted. There's blatant waste, and it irks me. But I get why the policy is mindless. It has to be, for a variety of reasons.

It only protects targets ass. As a Koolaid drinker you should know that

But...wouldn't you WANT to throw the milk away to screw Target? So now you DO want to reduce waste? What?

This is you...
OKXPRgm.jpg

But....how on earth would you even know? Like I said before, the policy is mindless on purpose so it doesn't have to rely on people making judgment calls. I trust MY judgments, but I wouldn't trust fucktarded fucktards like JB to have good judgment. There's no argument to whether or not food gets wasted. There's blatant waste, and it irks me. But I get why the policy is mindless. It has to be, for a variety of reasons.
It's a waste for a purpose. If that irks you stay away from the food industry they throw out much more then target ever could.

It's a waste for a purpose. If that irks you stay away from the food industry they throw out much more then target ever could.

I have, Target by far is the worst I've seen with food waste. For a store that doesn't even have a full market section, I can't believe how much stuff we throw away. Of course, the main cause of this shortage isn't from guests deciding at the last minute they suddenly don't want Hot Pockets. But in my mind, it's like, that should be the easiest waste to avoid.

Again, you don't have to lecture me on why we do it. I know why we do it. I just don't like it, and you're not going to make me like it.

I know you're upset but I never said keep the item. I said it doesn't reach room temperature that fast and it protects Targets ass

There's no reason to be rude

I know you're upset but I never said keep the item. I said it doesn't reach room temperature that fast and it protects Targets ass

There's no reason to be rude

There's an infinite number of reasons to be rude. The best reason being, "why not?" Also, I think you quoted the wrong message? What is your reply even?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back